Vacation Adventure In The Quad Cities, Along The Great Mississippi
The Quad Cities Offer Family Fun Activities
Connected by the magnificent Mississippi River, Rock Island and Moline/East Moline are the riverfront cities in Illinois, and on the Iowa side of the river is Bettendorf and Davenport to make up what is called the Quad cities.
The picturesque riverfront quad cities offer a multitude of family, and grown-up activities. It's all there for the children and adults to appreciate. You will find a multitude of sports, festivals, plays, riverboat gambling, cycling, golfing, amusement parks,and many other great attractions. All excitingly close the great Mississippi River.
Gather the family together, and enjoy some of the fun-filled activities listed below.
1. Niabi Zoo
13010 Niabi Zoo Rd.
Coal Valley Illinois
This is the third largest zoo in the state of Illinois. You'll find a plethora of birds, reptiles, Asian elephants, giraffes, large cats and zebras. The Niabi Zoo is open April through December. Admission is free to children under the age of three. Admission is half price on Tuesday's. Visit www.niabizoo.com for more information.
2. If you are into mini-golf, you will love LiL Mississippi Golf & Fun. 18 holes of pure pleasure. Enjoy the basketball courts, or cool off in the splash ponds, have a picnic or a party under the pavilions. They also have a concessions area for refreshments and a bite to eat. Located at 303 S. State Ave. Hampton IL. 309-755-1212 Visit www.lilmississippigolf.com for more information.
3. Spend the day at Michael's Fun World. This Amusement park is open all year round and admission is FREE. Play all day with a Fun Town Wristband. Party packages are available as well. Michael's is a blast, the exhilarating go-carts, urban style arena laser tag, batting cages, mini-golf, rock climbing, spacewalk, arcades, jungle gym, and trampolines will keep you entertained and busy all day long. Located off interstate 80 exit 295A 35A W76th ST. Davenport IA.
4. If exercise is your thing then taking a leisurely bike ride along The Great River Trails is just the thing your looking for. You'll get the best view of the mighty Mississippi and the beautiful towns that surround themselves around the massive river. The bike trail is hearty 62 miles long with plenty of elbow room. The trail passes through three counties, urban areas, and small quaint towns with plenty of attractions. Rest areas along the way, camping, stores for your shopping pleasure, parks, sightseeing, fast food, and more. Cyclists of every age can enjoy a ride through the unique setting of the delightful Quad Cities River Front Trail.
5. The Sky Bridge is an awesome experience everyone should see if you're in the Quad Cities. Take your family to see this spectacular view of the big Mississippi at night, colored light displays and music are part of the Skybridge experience. This light experience is best viewed from downtown Davenport Iowa.
6. You can't go to the Quad cities without stopping off at the John Deere Store. 1400 River Dr. Moline IL 309-756-1007. A must for every tractor aficionado.
7. If your visiting between April-September you might want to catch a Quad Cities River Bandits baseball game. Farm team of the St. Louis Cardinals. Games are played at the at the Modern Woodmen Park 209 S. Gaines St. Davenport IA 563-328-2000
Visit www.riverbandits.com for more information.
8. What would a warm day be without swimming? Visit Splash Landing. Bring sunscreen, your shades, and your favorite refreshment because your bound to spend all day here. There is a main pool, with slides, spray areas, diving boards, swimming lanes, sand areas where you can practice building sand castles. Enjoy a day in the sun and have fun fun fun.
What a better way to spend a day or weekend doing something fun for yourself or with your family. Each activity offers a fun and exciting way to share a new experience and memories that are sure to last a lifetime.
Your Vacation Is Waiting
Take a Vacation
- 11 Fun Things To Do In Daytona Beach, Florida
Daytona Beach, Florida is a famous vacation destination people enjoy coming back to time and time again. Thousands of people visit every year for business, pleasure and lots of fun.
- 11 Fun Things To Do In Wildwood, New Jersey
Wildwood Boardwalk fun, a great place for a vacation... davidartshed If you are getting ready to take a vacation or just looking for something fun filled and exciting to do in Wildwood, New Jersey take a look at the list below. Wildwood has a...
- The Best North Carolina Getaways
Looking for a relaxing getaway? Check out North Carolina. These getaways offer family fun, an all girl getaway, and even romance. Escape to North Carolina for adventure, or relaxation.