Fun in the Alabama Sun: Spring Valley Beach
A Splashing Good Time
Spring Valley Beach is a twenty five acre water park situated in the heart of Blountsville, Alabama. This is a peaceful place, situated on the rolling hills of Blountsville. This is a place to bring your family that is not located far from the Birmingham area.
It has a two acre swimming pool, seven water slides and a kids play area. Also, there are areas for a picnic and grilling out with the family. Inside the park guests are allowed free of charge and parking is actually free too. Free parking is a big deal if you have several cars of people coming. If you have never been to a beach or water park then visit Bama because fun is just around the corner.
Please leave your thoughts on this hub and let me know if you have been to this water park. Please feel free to leave your comments in the box located at the bottom of this hub page.
The Taller The Better
Have You Ever Been?
Have you ever been to a water park?
Water Slides at Spring Valley
1. The Chiller- This slide is so fast it requires that the rider wear special headgear from the park. Two slides are built into a huge hill and the speed picks up as you go over the second hump.
2. Black Out- This ride starts out at the top of a mountainside but soon sends you into a twisting black tunnel before shooting you out into a pool of water. It goes super fast after your raft goes over the first hump.
3. The Circle S- This slide is very long but, compared to the other slides this one has medium speed. A perfect water ride for adults and kids alike. This is a more gentle ride for those who are just looking to relax a little.
4. The Sidewinder- This is a one or two person ride that drops the rider or riders down a four story drop and then swings the rider back and forth like a skateboarder on a half pike.
5. Need For Speed- This is the fastest slide inside the park. The ride has a slick, slippery thin mat that makes the rider really seem to fly. At the end you come flying out into a huge swimming pool.
6. 360 Rush- This unique ride is the number one slide in the park and it reaches speeds of nearly 30 miles per hour. Two people slide down separate slides at the same time but trust me this slide is vertical the whole way down.
7. Pool Slides- The two acre swimming pool has four slides that curve and release you into the pool. They are very fast and slippery so get ready to go fast Into the water which is ten feet in the deep end of the swimming pool
Location of Spring Valley Beach
Other Park Attractions
1. Two Acre Pool- The swimming pool is two acres in size and it has four slides on all sides of the pool. Of course, always be safe but, this pool has a lifeguard on duty at all times and life jackets are provided for free.
2. Kid Zone- The kids play area has a large bucket that fills up with water and pours down on everyone. There is a swimming area and several small slides for the little ones.
3. Picnics Pavilions- The park has picnic areas and it has pavilions with grills for cooking. Just bring everything necessary to grill out. Such as utensils for grilling, aluminum foil, charcoal and lighter fluid.
Packing For The Water Park
Sun Tan Lotion
A Slippery Thrill
First Impressions of the Park
Right away it was nice knowing that parking is free and that the park allows patrons to bring their own food and drinks.The pool is massive and the biggest in the south. It is very impressive. The slides were nice but not the best I have ever seen except the 360 Rush which is a true thrill.
One thing that I like about this park is that it has plenty of shaded areas if you are wanting to get out of the sun for a while.
Spring Valley Beach: Blountsville, Alabama
Spring Valley Beach Has Several Slides
A Listing of Alabama's Waterparks
1. Alabama Adventure- Alabama Adventure is the largest water park in Alabama and it is located in Bessemer, Alabama. It has a wave pool, lazy river, 15 slides and seeral other thrill rides.
2. Spring Valley Beach- Spring Valley is in Blountsville, Alabama and it has 6 thrill seeker slides and a kids zone.
3. Waterville USA- Waterville is located in Gulf Shores. Alabama and it has 8 slides and plenty of other water rides. It even has a roller coaster inside the weater park.
It is a bit pricey at 32.00 a person so that is the worst part. On the other hand parking is free and if you do not want to spend the high prices for concession food they allow customers to bring in their own meals and snacks. All in all I would recommend this park because the pool and the slides make for an entertaining day not to mention laying out in the sun.
Plenty of Swimming Room
360 Rush at Spring Valley
Water Floats on Amazon
Travel and Vacations!
- Universal Studios Orlando: A Wild Ride Through Hollywood
This article is about Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. This Theme park features rides that are unlike any that other parks offer. In this place you Ride the Movies. Jaws and Back to the Future.
- Splash Adventure Water Park in Bessemer, Alabama
This waterpark hub documents in detail the Splash Adventure Water Park located in Bessemer, Alabama. The lazy river ride, Four black hole slides, wave pool, kid's slides and water bucket are detailed in this article along with you tube videos, maps,
- Thing's To Do in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Virginia Beach, Virginia has 249 miles of ocean at your fingertips. Restaurants, clubs and laying out in the sun are some of the fun thing's to try while at this beautiful beach. Pics are here also.
- Orlando Florida's Universal Studios
This article is about Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. It has around twenty rides based on Universal films. Jaws, Back-to-the Future, Shrek 4-D, Terminator 3D, Men In Black and The Simpson's are all featured in this hub. Pictures, you tube vide
- Things To Do In Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
This article documents my trip to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina including restaurants, gift shops and the night life scene. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary are also listed in this hub.
- My Trip To Six Flags over Georgia
This Amusement park article describes Six Flags in Atlanta, Georgia. The park has several roller coasters including: The Ninja, Goliath, Mind Bender, Batman and the Georgia Scorcher. Pictures of rides, videos of the park, a map and poll and commentar
Spring Valley Beach Grand Tour
ABC News Looks at Spring Valley Beach
© 2013 Buster Johnson