NAIROBI, KENYA-YOUR NEXT STOP!
Summer is coming up and I know most of you are looking for great places to go. Kenya is a beautiful country and I know the media does a very bad job in portraying the BEAUTIFUL side of Africa.Here is a list of places you want to visit in Nairobi Kenya, Hotels and restaurants you want to check out and Malls to check out as well. Since I have many pictures to share, I do not have detailed reviews on each specific photo but may the speak more than words! Kenya is a huge country with lots of places to see and things to do.Keep in mind that this is focusing on Nairobi, and alittle on the outskirts of Nairobi. Soon, I will be able to explore the beautiful coastal region along the Indian Ocean, Mombasa.
Some of the Malls and shopping centers in and around Nairobi include:
* Sarit Centre - Westlands
* The Mall - Westlands,Nakumatt Ukay-Westlands
* The Village Market - Gigiri
* Yaya Centre - Kilimani
* Westgate Mall - Nairobi
* The Junction - Nairobi
* Capital Centre - Mombasa Road, Nairobi
* Panari Centre - Mombasa Road, Nairobi
* Prestige Plaza - Ngong road
* Nakumatt Lifestyle - Nairobi
* Galleria mall - Karen-Langata Road, Nairobi
*Nakumatt Karen - karen
*Tmall - Langat Road - Nairobi
* EastGate - Nairobi
*warwick centre gigiri
Some of the highly rated hotels and restaurants include(not all, just some):
- Tribe Hotel
- Sankara Hotel
- Fairview Hotel
- Nairobi Serena Hotel
- House of Waine
- Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Sarova Stanley
- Panari Hotel
- Nairobi Norfolk Hotel
- Windsor Golf and Country Club
- Fairview Hotel
- Palacina Residence and Suites
- Country Lodge
- The Ndemi Place
- Safari Park Hotel
- The Heron Hotel
Some of the nice restaurants to check out:
- Talisman(rated #1 on traveladvisor) The cuisine is mostly Eclectic, Fusion and Seafood.
- Norfolk:Cuisine is mostly International
- Tamarind Restaurant is a place that you would love to try!
- Seven Seafood and Grill
- Mandhari Restaurant
- Divino Restaurant&Wimne Bar: Cuisine is mostly Mediterranean
- Alan Bobbe's Bistro:French Cuisine
- Tatu: Elegant Steakhouse
- Osteria Gigiri: Gigiri is a very affluent neighbourhood and it also houses the UN and American Embassy. You definitely expect elegance and food that is alittle on the pricey side.
- Thai Chi Restaurant at the Stanley Hotel
- Habesha:Ethiopian Cuisine
- Havana Bar and Restauruant:Caribbean Cuisine
- Fogo Gaucho Steakhouse& Lounge bar: Brazilian
- Pang Brasserie at the Fairview
- Zen Garden-Elegant and pricey
- The Carnivore is definately a must do! You will get to try different types of meats and I hope that in the end you will get your money's worth.
- China Plate-I love this place.Cozy and nice!Their Masala Fries are the best!
- Artcaffe:European Cuisine
- La Salumeria:Italian
- ****You would also liek to try fast food in Nairobi,the burgers are definitely tastier than Mcdonalds.