- Travel and Places»
- Hotels, Lodging & Vacation Packages
Review: Hampton Inn Tropicana (Las Vegas, NV) 2012
Diamond in the Rough!
- Address: 4975 S. Dean Martin Dr., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89118-1656, USA
- Phone Number: 1-702-948-8100
- Registration: Check-in time: 3:00 pm; Check-out time: 12:00 p
- Currency: USD
- Animals: Service pets only
PRICE: 5 stars *****
I purchased the room at the Hampton Inn Tropicana four days before an impromptu trip to Vegas. I used the Priceline Negotiator feature and landed this 3-star room for $50 ($62 after taxes and fees) on the Saturday before Halloween. (Vegas gets PACKED during this time because of all the costume parties and nightlife.) When booked on a Saturday night through their website, the room I stayed in would have been $110.48 after taxes and fees. If you're from out of state you can pay $6 more for a free luggage tag and coffee mug.
CHECK IN/ CUSTOMER SERVICE: 5 stars *****
My trip to Vegas was a disaster, but the hotel was wonderful.Check-in started at 3pm and at 6pm I lost a rod from my engine. I had to call the hotel and there was no problem (and NO FEE) to switch to late check-in. We finally arrived, by tow-truck, after 8pm. Check in was quick and easy. The attendant answered all of my questions without annoyance, which I greatly appreciated. I was having an issue with my credit card but because the room was pre-paid I was able to use a debit card for collateral instead. They held only $50 and it was returned within 2 business days. For check out we just left the keys in the room.
PARKING: 5 stars ***** SECURITY: 2 stars **
The parking was ample with spots all around the perimeter of the hotel, as well as a covered, two-story parking structure. I parked my totaled car in the back near the pool. This is important because I ended up leaving my car there for several days with no problem. This made me feel like the security of the parking lot was way under par. If a broken down old clunker can sit for days with nothing happening, imagine the theft that can happen.
ROOM 469: 5 stars *****
My room was 469, at the end of a long hallway with a view facing the Palms. There was a large full sized mirrors, which I was thankful for since we had 3 girls getting ready that night. The bathroom was stocked with the usuals- coffee maker, ice bucket, blow dryer, but not enough towels. I did not shower here. The bed was huge and comfortable. There was also a couch area. The room was spacious enough that the four of us did not feel cramped. The WiFi worked great. There were lots of brochures and information on sites and attractions. There was an am/fm clock radio. Maid service did not come early (a pet peeve of mine). Everything was pristine, clean, and comfortable. Hot breakfast 6-10am was exactly what we needed after coming in from the club at 5am!
LOCATION: 4 stars **** (It depends)
I loved the location. Before I left for Vegas I searched online and found a promoter's website where I was placed on the VIP list for the clubs at The Palms and the Luxor (http://www.freevegasclubpasses.com/free-passes-to-las-vegas-clubs/). This hotel is located in walking distance to both of these places. There was a free shuttle to two stops along the strip. There was a less frequent pick up from the strip as well. I did not end up using this service. The best part of the location is the In and Out across the street!
AMENITIES: No rating
There were entrances/exits all around the building that were accessible by room key. I appreciated this since I had to park so far away. However, there were only two sets of elevators, one on the North East and North West entrances. My room was as far South as the building would permit. It took forever to walk down the hallway and I felt as if I were disturbing most guests. Also, the vending machines and ice machine were at the beginning of the hall, next to the elevator. It was a real chore going back and forth.
I did notice a small fitness room that was open 24-hours but I did not use it. I saw the cozy bar, but did not have drinks at it. I did not visit the pool or spa. Therefore, I cannot rate these amenities.
Prices and Rooms as Listed on Website
This information can be found at: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hp/reservation/book.htm?execution=e1s2
- 1 KING BED (NON)SMOKING: $110.48- $116.48 (after taxes and fees) [This is the type of room I stayed in]
- 2 DOUBLE BEDS (NON)SMOKING: $122.08- $127.68 (after taxes and fees)
- 1 KING BED 1 BEDROOM SUITE NONSMOKING: $308.00- $313.60 (after taxes and fees)
- 2 DOUBLE BEDS 1 BEDROOMS SUITE NONSMOKING: $334.98- $340.48 (after taxes and fees)
- 1 KING MOBILITY/HEARING ACCESS WITH TUB NONSMOKING: $110.88- $116.48 (after taxes and fees)
There is also a special "Romance Package" that includes "1-750 ML. BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE OR SPARKLING CIDER WITH 2 FLUTES, BOX OF CHOCOLATES, 2PM LATE CHECK OUT, COMPLIMENTARY AIRPORT SHUTTLE, HOT BREAKFAST AND STRIP TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM TROPICANA AND MANDALAY." This package ranges from $114.00+. This would be a great Valentine get away for you and your significant other.
- Distance from airport- McCarran International Airport: 2 mi.
- Walk: Call Hotel for information
- Super Shuttle: $25.00
- Bus Service: Call Hotel for information
- Taxi: $20.00
- Courtesy Bus: Call Hotel for information
- Limousine: $40.00
- Nearest train station: No nearby train station
- Self parking: Complimentary
- Tour Buses Welcome
Facilities Available at this Hotel
- Bars: 1
- Meeting Rooms: 9
- Guest rooms: 322
- Smoking Rooms
- Accessible Rooms
- In-Room Wired Internet Complimentary
- In-Room Wireless Internet
- Complimentary Public Wireless Internet
Not available at this hotel:
- Restaurant On-Site
Services and Amenities Available at this Hotel
- Business Center
- Room Service
- Recreation/Fitness Fitness Center
- Outdoor Pool
Not available at this hotel:
- Executive Rooms
Family Amenities Available at this Hotel
- Children's Menu
Accessible Features Available at this Hotel
- Service support animals welcome
- Accessible business center
- Accessible exercise facility
- Accessible guest rooms with mobility features with entry or passage doors that provide 32” of clear width
- Accessible parking spaces for cars in the self-parking facility
- Accessible public entrance
- Accessible registration desk
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the accessible guestrooms
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the registration area
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible entrance to the meeting room/ballroom area
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the business center
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the exercise facilities
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the spa
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the swimming pool
- Accessible swimming pool
- Accessible transportation with advance notice
- Assistive listening devices for meetings upon request
- Closed captioning on televisions or closed captioning decoders
- TTY for guest use
- Van-accessible parking in the self-parking facility
Features Not Available
- Valet only parking
More form MrsBKay
Something to snuggle up with in your room
Your feedback is very important to me! Let me know if you stayed here and what your experience was. Feel free to provide links and other resources.