- Travel and Places»
- Visiting North America»
- United States»
Hidden Treasures in Georgia
Stone Mountain, the Varsity, the Fox Theatre and the Georgia Aquarium—these locations are part of the culture of Atlanta. And, while these landmark locations are well-known to many, you may be pleasantly pleased with the lesser-known area attractions. These “secret spots” include Lake Shamrock in Hampton with its child-friendly “fishing hole”, Chamblee’s Great Gatsby’s Auction Gallery with its 100,000 square foot show room, art gallery and 3 acre garden, or the Male Academy Museum of Civil War artifacts in Newnan, Georgia. Metro-Atlanta has many attractions sure to please guest of every age. To help in your planning, consider these great locations.
- Mountasia Fun Center (Marietta) – Go karts, bumper boats, and miniature golf mean outstanding outdoor fun. This is a great place to make some fun family memories. And, should you need a rainy day activity, the arcade offers fun of a drier sort.
- Roswell Ghost Tours- Goblins, and Ghouls and Ghost-Oh My! Take a tour mills, mansions, and more and learn about Roswell’s spooks and haunts. Call ahead for tour times.
- Adventures Aloft Hot Air Ballooning (Lawrenceville) - Get a bird’s-eye view of the Atlanta area. Flights last 2 hours and include a light meal and a toast. Hot air balloons leave daily at dawn and before dusk.
- Carousel Quarters (Logansville) - Pony rides, petting zoo, playground and picnic area make this a fabulous place to spend a morning or afternoon. Also on-site is a country store, a garden and hayride.
- Tannery Row-Artist Colony (Buford)-Get a sneak peak of work by area artist. You can see completed works, works in progress and talk to the artist.
While this is but a few Atlanta area entertainment spots, they are some you don’t want to miss. And, should you need a few more places to round out your list check out the Margaret Mitchell House & Museum, the JOCADA Museum of Jazz History, the CNN Center or the Jonesboro Greenhouse. No matter where you go, you’re sure to have a fantastic time.