- Travel and Places»
- Visiting North America
How to Apply Canadian Visit Visa while applying from India? - A complete guide
How to Apply for Canadian Visit Visa from India
- The first thing one should know to apply for Canadian visit visa from India is that the applicant has to fill in the online form and to get the copy thereof for submission in the following offices:
- Pune, India: Pune-Shorab Hall, 5th Floor, Near Pune Railway Station, Tadiwala Road, Pune 411001
- Kolkata, India: Rene Tower, Building No. 1842, Rajdanga Main Road, Rajdanga, Kolkata, 700107 (Landmark: Near Geetanjali Stadium)
- Chennai, India: Fagun Mansion, Commander In Chief Road, Egmore, Chennai 600008
- Mumbai, India: 5th Floor, Trade Centre Building, Opp. Bandra Kurla Telephone Exchange, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai 400051
Canadian Embassy does not accept handwritten or typed application forms. They will not receive your manually filled in applications.
- For Temporary Resident Visa (Single Entry) the fee in Indian Rupee is 4,950. This fees could be paid in Canadian Dollars which is Can $ 100. Besides, one has to pay bio-metric fee of Indian Rs.4250 or Canadian $ 85. Bio-metric should have to be given at the time of filing your application at VACs.
- How to pay the fee for Canadian Visit Visa? Only demand drafts or certified cheques are accepted. No cash is not acceptable. The bank draft should be in favor of "Canadian High Commission" or "Receiver General for Canada" payable at New Delhi. Please note that this fees is non-refundable irrespective of the fact whether your application is accepted or refused.
- How to submit your application for canadian visit visa? Canadian High Commission in Dehli, India does not accept applications directly. The prospective visitors should have to apply through above mentioned Offices of Visa Application Centers.
- From where to get the relevant application package? Application package could be downloaded from the website:
You should also attach following documents with your visit visa application
- A passport valid for at least six months and having one blank page. Also attach your previous passports.
- A copy of national identity card.
- Two photographs as per specification given in the website Canadian Immigration. Write your name, date of birth on its back.
- For a family visit or visit on the invitation of your friend please provide invitation letter. As a business visitor a letter from the organization inviting you should be attached.
- As a tourist visitor hotel reservation, air ticket booking and itinerary is to be attached.
- Adequacy of funds could be established from the following document.
- Bank statement for last six months. Consistent withdrawal and deposit would establish that you are genuine businessman. It would be good if you have reasonable credit balance at the end of the statement valuing 200,000. But it is not necessary.
Documents to be filed to prove your financial ties in India
- Details of your business
- Balance sheet
- Trading profit & loss expenses
- Detail of wealth.
- Please get the documents attested from some Chartered Accountant or an Income Tax Practitioner. There should be no contradiction between the business documents and your bank statement.
- As an employee you have to provide Pay slips, certificate from the employer and No Objection Certificate from the employer indicating that he is agreed to allow your leave for the trip.
- National Tax No. Certificate and tax returns (income tax and sales tax, if any)for previous years.
- A certificate from a large business concern, if you are their regular client/customer.
- Certificate of trade mark if any product is named against you.
- Certificate from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry,
- Detail of assets of movable or immovable nature along with copy of registration deeds duly translated in English/French.
To prove your social ties in India you may attach the following documents/ details
i. Marriage certificate.
ii. Certificate from municipal Corporation showing the details of your children.
iii. Proof of membership of any Association, Union or Party, if you are a member thereof.
All the documents should be translated in English/French and got attested from a Notary Public.
A brief letter, indicating the circumstances, is helpful for the Visa Officer to arrive at a fair conclusion.
Do not submit any fake or forged document.