How to Go to Sagbayan, Bohol from Bato, Leyte and Visit Sagbayan Peak
The M/V Sr. San Isidro Banca
How to Go to Sagbayan Peak Resort and Recreation Center from Bato, Leyte
1) Ride a banca going to Ubay, Bohol at Port of Bato, Leyte. Ticket is at ₱270 for adults while it’s ₱135 for kids, 1 year old up or as long as the child already walk.
You can only find bancas going to Ubay in Bato, Leyte; there is no other route or destination available. Before, there were some operators offering Tubigon trips but they've stopped because they always have insufficient passengers.
Travel time is only 1 and a half hour. It is so fast, especially if you are enjoying yourself on board like talking to a friend, watching a movie, and playing a game on your gadget.
M/V Sr. San Isidro, the name of the banca, is expected to depart at 8:30am but in reality, it will at 9:30am, one hour late of their schedule. Filipino time!
You can contact the operator of M/V Sr. San Isidro at 09086053883 / 09178082322. You can reserve tickets by phone. But it is better to just go directly in Bato Ticketing area so you can have a guaranteed seat. Reservations are not prioritized especially if there's no downpayment.
2) Once in Ubay, Bohol, go to the bus terminal and ride a bus via Carmen, Bohol. Fare is ₱55 and travel time is 1 and a half hour.
3) When in Carmen Bus Terminal, find a van going to the street road fronting Sagbayan Peak. Fare is ₱80. There are also buses going there for only ₱50. You’ll be there in more or less 30 minutes.
4) Arriving at the street road by 3:40 pm, fronting Sagbayan Peak Resort and Recreation, find a motorcycle driver to take you to the entrance gate. Fare is ₱20. If you still have lots of energy, you can choose to just walk way up. At the entrance, you can also find the ticketing office for the entrance fee. Fee is at ₱50, regardless of age.
How to Go Home
1) Ride a bus, van or motorcycle going to Carmen Bus Terminal. Bus fare is around ₱50. Van fare is around ₱80 while motorcyle fare is ₱130. Travel time is more or less 40 minutes.
2) When in Carmen Bus Terminal, look for a bus via Ubay, Bohol like the yellow colored Southern Star Transport. Fare is around 60 pesos.
Since it’s quite rare for buses via Ubay to drop by at the terminal, you can choose to ride a bus via Alicia for ₱30 and then just ride another bus via Ubay for ₱30 from there. Overall travel time is more or less 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Goddy Goddy Lodge and Eatery in Ubay, Bohol
3) Arriving at Ubay Bus Terminal, which is in front of d dales shopping center, you can choose to have your dinner first or find a place to stay. I highly recommend Goddy Goddy Lodge and Eatery.
For a night, you can stay in a regular room for only ₱200 while ₱500 for an air conditioned complete with private bathroom, towel, blanket, pillows, mirror, and wardrobe. They also have an eatery and a small grocery store. Plus, this lodge is just a walking distance towards the port. So, it’s very convenient.
Please come in! This is how it looks inside the banca.
4) Bancas going back to Bato, Leyte depart as early as 7:20 am so you have to be early at the Port of Ubay. And, staying at the Goddy Goddy Lodge is a very good idea because it is just a walking distance to this port.
The ticketing for bancas is just found outside the port’s entrance. Feel free to ask the vendors about it and they will gladly take you to the ticketing area.
Fare is at ₱250 for adults while ₱135 for kids, 1 year old up or as long as they can already walk. But of course, physically-challenged people and senior citizens are also given discounts.
You also need to pay ₱12 terminal fee while for 2 years old below, it’s free. Included in that fee is a free ride towards your banca, docked at the port. However, they will wait until the bus gets full before they depart so if you are in a hurry catching a ride to your designated banca, then you better use your feet and walk fast. Anyway, the port is just a walking distance from the terminal office.
You can buy tickets from M/Bca N & N Mama Mary - Ervin. Travel time is 1 and a half hour. By 9:00 am, you’re back in Bato, Leyte.
Very easy, right?
Here is a map of Sagbayan Bohol.
Would you be interested to visit Bohol in the Philippines?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2015 Aeva Gono