- Travel and Places
How to find cheap car rental in Orlando airport
Why rent a car in Orlando Florida?
Orlando Florida is America's family fun capital and is home to Walt Disney World, Sea World and other world's best theme parks like Universal Studios, Epcot Center, Discovery Cove, etc. Orlando is a great tourist city that has plenty to offer year round. Being one of the top tourist attractions in the world, vendors compete for your business with all kinds of deals. Many say that you do not need a car if you are just visiting Orlando's awesome theme parks. You will be spending most of the day at the theme parks and most hotels in the area have free shuttles to and from the theme parks.
However, you may consider renting a car while you are in Orlando for the following reasons:
- Freedom: Rental car gives you tremendous freedom and opportunity to look around the city. You need to rent a car for those days you are planning to stay in Orlando Florida.
- Flexibility: You can go to dinner shows and other cultural activities at your own time. You don't have to build your schedule around the hotel's shuttle schedules or other public transportation.
- Cheap car rental: Taking cab rides for every trip can get expensive and sometimes time consuming. Car rental companies offer all kinds of deals, discounts and coupons to get your business and be competitive. If you know where to find these deals and coupons and how to use them, you can find a nice vehicle for you and your family at a much cheaper price than just reserving one blindly.
Steps to get a great deal on car rental in Orlando airport
1. Decide where you want to rent the car. Most likely, it is Orlando Airport if you are reading this article.
2. Decide the date and time of the start and end of the car rental
3. Decide the type of car you are looking for. (Economy, Full-size or SUV)
4. Once you have decide on the dates and times for car rental, go to websites like orbitz, travelocity, southwest air, Expedia and find out how much do car rental companies charge for your dates.
5. Go to the car rental companies' websites directly and get an idea of their prices as well.
6. Priceline is a great website to find the cheapest price on car rentals.
7. If priceline does not work out, check the internet for various websites for car rental coupon codes. There are always plenty floating around that will save you a lot of money. 20% off, $25 off weekly rental are so commonly found on the internet. Here are some websites that you could use to find the cheapest car rental in Orlando Florida.carrentals.com, rentalcodes.com has a lot of coupon codes you can use to find the best deal.
8. Do not forget to check with your car insurance company if your insurance policy covers your rental car. They most likely do when your own car is not on the road and is parked somewhere when you will be driving your rental car.
9. Check if you are eligible for a special discount. Car rental companies often give special discounts to members of a professional association, military families, students and senior citizens.
10. Check to see if you can use your frequent flyer miles or loyalty points with the particular car rental company to pay for the rental.
11. Sometimes, renting for a week may be cheaper than renting for just 4 days. Picking up and dropping off at different times may change the price of the car rental. Play around with these values and you may find a great deal.
12. If you do not have car insurance for your rental car or even if you are not sure if your auto insurance will cover your rental car, make sure you add insurance to your rental. This gives you peace of mind and protection.
You may be interested in reading my other hub on car insurance.
13. If you have maps and have a clear plan of where you will be driving, there is no need for a GPS. Consider adding a GPS to your rental, if you are the adventurous type.
14. If you have a baby or a toddler, you may want to add a car seat to your rental for the young ones.
15. If you are dropping off at a different location, there may be an additional charge for the service.
16. Another way to book a rental car is to get it done from a popular car rental agency. It is possible you may get a free upgrade from a car rental agency even during busy season. To save money and to have an ease at documentation process for airport car rental in Orlando you can book car rental from the same travel agency that has booked your airline tickets. As part of the business practice many car rental agencies remain in touch with air ticketing agencies to get business thus offer many discounted schemes.
I have always found great deals at Alamo's website directly after using valuable car rental coupon codes. Even last month, I got a 1-week deal on a full-size SUV car rental at Orlando airport for about $130. So, do not forget to check out Alamo's wesite before making your final decision.
You can check in online by entering all of your information including name, address, driver license number and expiration date of you and any additional drivers. This significantly speeds up the check out process at the orlando airport and you can be out of the airport with your rental car in no time. Make sure to take the driver licenses of you and additional drivers (I think at least a copy should be enough) as they check them at the exit check point.
Find Rental Cars here
Tips for safer driving
Once you rent a car, it is important to know that you are driving a borrowed car and a new car and it may not be the same make and model as your own car.
Get to know your vehicle. Before you leave the rental car facility, familiarize yourself with the vehicle's safety features such as hazard lights, door locks, headlights and spare tires.
Lock up! Always lock your doors and keep windows up while driving, especially when you are driving in a new area that you are not familiar with.
Never pick up hitchhikers.
Fasten seat belts! That's the law. Make sure all passengers are wearing seatbelts and your children use child safety seats properly installed and positioned in the back seat.
Park in well lit areas.When returning to your parked car, keep your keys in your hands and check the back seat before opening the doors. As soon as you get in your car, lock the doors. It can't hurt to play it safe. Lock all valuables in the car trunk.
Know your directions and get maps in advance. Do not pull over to the side of the road to study maps.
Do not assist anyone with a disabled car. Drive to a well-lit area and call the police for help.
Avoid shortcuts. Stick to main streets and well-lit highways.
Call 911! If you think you are in danger or need emergency assistance, proceed to a well-lit area and call the police.
Great cars 2010
- Audi R8 Spyder Wallpapers and pictures
If you are an Audi fan, these gorgeous Audi R8 Spyder Wallpapers be freely downloaded....
- Chevrolet Aveo Pictures
Chevrolet Aveo had a bad reputation for its cheap and ugly design, but GM has turned things around ...
- Nissan Altima Wallpapers
The 2010 Nissan Altima ranks one of the top 10 out of 21 midsize cars...