- Travel and Places»
- Travel Activities & Ideas
If You're Traveling To Chicago And Need Some Help Finding Places To Visit Then Look No Further.
Chicago's Amazing Skyline!
Let's Start Off With Hotels Because You Have To Stay Somewhere First!
Hello everyone, my name is Venus Rivera, I'll be your personal guide for today. I've been in the hotel industry for more then seven years and customer service is the key factor where I come from. I'm often approached with random questions about the city, which I'd share with you later on in this article. For example, I'll give you one right now, that I often get from guests who stay with us. What should I be looking for when I'm searching for hotels in "Downtown Chicago?" My answer to that question is, it really depends on the amenities you're looking for and the location you would like to stay in.
Finding key accommodations can be an easy task, if you know where to look. If you're in search for the common amenities like complimentary breakfast, wifi, and parking. Here are some of the areas to find quality hotels that might fit those needs. Most of the hotels that I've mentioned down below have one of the following common amenities that you might be searching for.
- The Loop-1)Palmer House Hilton 17 E. Monore St., 60603 (312)726-7500 2)Allegro Chicago 171 W. Randolph St., 60601 (312)236-0123
- River North-3)Hampton Inn & Suites 33 W. Illinois St.,60654 (312)832-0330 4)The Godfrey Hotel 127 W. Huron St., 60654 (312)649-2000
- South Loop-5)Chicago's Essex Inn 800 S. Michigan St., 60605 (312)939-2800 6)Chicago South Loop Hotel 11 W. 26th St., 60616 (312)674-2234
- Gold Coast-7)Residence Inn by Marriott on the Mag Mile 201 E. Walton Pl., 60611 (312)943-9800 8)Sofitel Chicago Water Tower 20 E. Chestnut St., 60611 (312)324-4000
- Magnificent Mile-9)Westin Michigan Ave. 909 N. Michigan Ave., 60611 (312)943-7200 10)Four Season Hotel Chicago 120 E. Delaware Pl., 60611 (312)280-8800
- Streeterville-11)DeWitt Place 900 N. DeWitt Pl., 60611 (312)642-7020 12)Fairfield Inn & Suites 216 E. Ontario St., 60611 (312)787-3777
An FYI:Consumers beware when your making reservations online with a third party to always call the chosen hotel to make sure that everything they're offering you adds-up to what your paying for and If you get stranded somehow and find yourself short on cash please look at Hostels-hichicago.org, YMCA, and Couchsurfing.org to meet those needs.
Which Of These Restaurants Can Satisfy Your Tastebuds, I Think All Of Them!
The city offers an array of ethic food, so please be on the lookout for these incredible restaurants. Your palate will thank you, so enjoy.
- Cafe Iberico (739 N. Lasalle Blvd., they serve Spanish food)River North.
- Portillo's (100 W. Ontario St., they serve American food)River North.
- Sliver Spoon(710 N. Rush St., they serve Thai Cuisine)Gold Coast.
- Gibson's(1028 N. Rush St., they serve Steaks and Chops)Gold Coast.
- Nepal House(1301 S. Michigan St., they serve Nepalese food)South Loop.
- Kan Zaman( 617 N. Wells St., they serve Lebanese food)River North.
- India House(59 W. Grand St., they serve Indian food)River North.
- Friends Sushi(710 N. Rush St., they serve Sushi)Gold Coast.
- Manny's Coffeeshop and Deli(1141 S. Jefferson St., they serve delicatessen food) University Village.
- Fogo De Chao(616 N. Lasalle Blvd., they serve Brazilian food)River North.
- P.F. Chang's (530 N. Wabash St., they serve Chinese food) River North.
- Giordano's Pizzeria(710 N. Rush St., they serve Italian food)River North.
- Pearl's Place(3901 S. Michigan Ave., they serve Soul food)Bronzeville.
***Hints-Pearl's Place is a buffet style eatery and so is Fogo De Chao. My recommendation for you, if you decide to go to Fogo De Chao is try going there during lunch-time which is more affordable then dinner-time. They offer their special prices from Mon-Thurs 11:00am.-2:00pm., which can be a big difference $39.99 compare to $59.99 make reservations because it is preferred. Most of the eateries that I recommend will have reasonable food prices.
Breakfast & Lunch houses:
- Yolk- I'll give you all their locations-747 N. Wells St.,& 1120 S. Michigan Ave.,& 355 E. Ohio St., & 500 W. Madison St.,(open Mon. thru Fri. from 6am. to 3pm. & Sat & Sun 7am. to 3pm.)
- Manny's Coffeeshop and Deli offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- West Egg Cafe-620 N. Fairbanks St.,
- Brunch-644 N. Orleans St.,
- Breakfast Club-1381 W. Hubbard St.,
- Lou Mitchell's-565 W. Jackson Blvd.,
Tasty Treats houses:
- Bake For Me-It has two locations-321 N. Clark St., & 608 W. Roosevelt Rd.,
- Artopolios Bakery and Cafe-306 N. Halsted St.,
- Donut Vault-401 1/2 N. Franklin St.,(open only Tues. thru Sat. from 8am. to Noon.)
Don't Miss Out!
When Your Planning For A Trip Where Do You Get Your Advice From?
If You Need That Extra-Added Help Finding Deals And Coupons
You can walk into any downtown hotel and asked the hotel clerk for discounts or coupons for any restaurants and attractions, even if your not staying with them and they would help you out, believe me we do that all the time. Asked them for their local maps which are free to the public. Try looking for "This Week In Chicago" which has a fold-out map of the downtown area inside. The small guide is delivered to each hotel weekly and it offers great insight. If you need more information the best places to go will be the "Visitor Center location below."
- Bronzeville Visitor Center 411 E. 35th
- Chicago Cultural Center 77 E. Randolph St.
- Chicago Water Works Visitor Center 163 E. Pearson St.
- Concierge Unlimited International 20 N. Wacker Dr., Suite 1730
- Milliennium Park Welcome Center 201 E. Randolph St.
Exploring The City With Tours Is The Way To Go!
If your coming to Chicago during the summer months then please try one of these tours. Its a great way to capture the sights and one of the best ways to learn about the city. My best advice to you is to be adventures and explore at least one of these tours. You'd be happy you did.
- Bike And Roll Chicago's Segway Tours- 239 E. Randolph St., or 316 N. Wabash St.,
- Wendella Sightseeing Boats- 400 N. Michigan Ave.,
- Chicago Trolley & Double Decker- the number (773)648-5000
- Trikke Chicago-155 N. Harbor St.,(the lower concourse location)
- Kayak Chicago-North Ave Beach location (312)852-9258
- Chicago Crime Tours-163 E. Pearson.,
- Hershey's Chicago-822 N. Michigan Ave.,
- Chicago Dine-Around Tours-(312)437-3463
**Hints- The most popular tours that people enjoy taking are the bus and water but I say try the bike and others walking tours believe me you won't be disappointed. Prices can vary but I'd give you a general estimate $30.00 to $89.00.
Attractions And Parks You Have To See!
Make sure when you go to any of these attractions that you bring your camera and take plenty of pictures to share your experience with family and friends. The Chicago's CityPass is a wonderful item to buy if your going to see a lot of the attractions. It gives you access for more then a week to five main attractions.
- City Pass prices for adults are $95, & Children ages 3-ll are $79.
- Shedd Aquarium.
- The Field Museum.
- Skydeck Chicago which is Willis Tower.
- Alder Planetarium or Art Institute of Chicago, & John Hancock Observatory or The Museum of Science and Industry. The following attractions down below are not a part of the city pass deal.
- Dusable Museum.
- Chicago Children's Museum(Inside the Navy Pier).
- Navy Pier.
- Buckingham Fountain.
- Milliennium Park.
- Lincoln Park Zoo.(Free Admission).
- Brookfield Zoo.
- Chicago History Museum.
- Chicago Cultural Museum.
- Chicago Sports Museum.
Chicago Bears Stadium
The Common Questions?!
Q-Is downtown Chicago safe to walk or ride at night or during the day?
A-Of course, but remember your not safe anywhere not even in your hometown so beware of your surroundings and you'd be fine.
Q-Another common asked question is, does the hotel have any bed-bugs?
A-I tell everyone that stays with us to please check the room before signing any paperwork.
Why is the last question, so important to you and anyone staying with you. It's extremely important because all hotels have high traffic and huge turn arounds so be safe before entering any hotel.
I hope when you visit Chicago you try seeing some of the places that I've mentioned.
If you have any questions for me please feel free and ask. I'm at your service.
Hey, don't forget to check out some more fun things to see and do with your family & friends!
- Top 5 Beaches In Chicago!
5 wonderful beaches that you should visit.
- Where To Find The Right Entertainment In Chicago?
Here Are Some Local Areas That Might Interested You.
- Mark Your Calendar Each Year For These Annual Events In Chicago.
Chicago's most popular events!
- The Top 7 Places You Might Want To Take Your Kids To See And Do!If You're Visiting Chicago Or Any Su
I highly recommend these 7 indoor places!!