- Travel and Places»
- Visiting Europe
If you're looking for a place to travel that's beautiful, I've found the place for you. Innsbruck, Austria!
How I Came to Find This Wonderful Place
When I was a senior in high school in 2010, I went on a week long European tour with my high school's Women's Choir. We started out in Munich, Germany and ended in Paris, France. Along the way we made a few stops one being Lucern, Switzerland and the other Innsbruck, Austria. The moment we stopped in Innsbruck I fell in love. It was the most beautiful city I have ever been in. From the cobble stone roads to the amazingly beautiful architecture, I found that there was no other place I'd rather be at that moment. The best part about Innsbruck would definitely have to be the amazing view of the Alps. There is so much to do and so much to see so I hope you take my advice and book a trip!
Here's something to get you started
- Innsbruck, Austria Vacations, Tourism, Guides, Hotels, Things to Do, Restaurants - Yahoo! Travel
Innsbruck, Austria vacations: Find the best Innsbruck, Austria hotels, attractions, maps, pictures, weather, airport information, travel advice and more on Yahoo! Travel.
What To Do
There is a lot to do in Innsbruck.
- My favorite thing to do is to take the shuttle and then the lift up to the top of the Alps. There is an amazing view and you can even see Italy from there. You are able to see the entire city of Innsbruck and for miles past that. It does get a little cold up there so make sure to bring a jacket and wear proper foot wear. Not only can you go up there to enjoy the view but you are also able to enjoy a little bit of skiing and snowboarding. They even offer lessons to those who need them. It is a lot of fun so take a day out of your trip and and enjoy!
- There are also a lot of shopping opportunities in Innsbruck. You can go to any of the little shops around town where you can find cute little trinkets and quirky clothing. There are plenty of souvenirs to bring home and to share with your friends and family. If you're not into that sort of thing there is also a mall where you can find stores such as Forever 21.
- If you're hungry there are some pretty amazing restaurants. You can find food of almost any kind including Italian food! The traditional Austrian and German food they offer are extremely delicious and there is so much to choose from, so if you're picky you have a good chance of finding something you like.
- There are some other amazing sites to see as well. There is the Golden Roof, Tomb and Museum of Emperor Maximilian I, and Bergisel, the Olympia ski jump. So take a day or two to roam the town and enjoy the sites.
Where to Stay
There are many place you could stay when you visit Innsbruck. My best advice would be to stay in the Innsbruck Hotel. The rooms are comfortable and a pretty good size. Some of the rooms, such as the one I stayed in on the 3rd floor, have an amazing view of the Alps. You will find yourself sitting by the window simply staring at them. Something truly amazing is seeing that same view at night with all the lights a glow. The price of a room is also pretty reasonable.