- Travel and Places»
- Travel Tips & Preparation
International Health Coverage. What you need to know.
Think You won't need International Travel Health Insurance?
Medical Providers. Make sure that you are covered.
Nurse Travel Companion. Be Sure That You are covered
Are You Covered For Emergency Newborn and Maternal Care?
International Travel Health Insurance.
There are some important differences between International Travel Health Insurance and Travel Health Insurance.
International Travel Health Insurance is designed for expatriates, globe trotters and people on international cruises, to accommodate free movement from country to country. It usually allows you to choose where you want to have treatment and provides a wider coverage than Travel Health Insurance.
Here are some of the coverage/benefits that you can get from an International Travel Health Insurance plan -
- Emergency medical treatments.
- Inpatient treatment.
- Regular medical Checkups.
- Continuing treatment of chronic conditions abroad.
- Pre-existing conditions, for example, asthma, diabetes.
- Injury or illness caused by alcohol or drug use.
- Maternity care.
- Newborn care.
- Cancer Treatment.
- Compassionate visit.
Travel Health Insurance is designed for holiday goers, to cover medical treatments in an emergency and will usually return you back home to continue treatment, once you are fit enough to make the journey.
Medical Emergency Evacuation
Worry Free Family Fun
Crossing The Border
Travel Health Insurance
What is Travel Health Insurance?
Travel Health Insurance, also called Travel Medical Insurance, is designed for holiday goers, to cover any medical expenses you might incur when you go abroad. Your country's Health insurance has limited coverage or does not cover you when you go out of the country. This is the reason you need buy Travel Health Insurance from a trusted insurance provider.
Whether you are traveling across the border or around the world, you should get your health insurance coverage. Each year there in an outbreak of a new strain of virus or bacteria mutation that is resistant to available vaccine or treatment, and then, there those diseases that come home with travelers, then insinuate themselves on healthy and immune deficient people alike.
Travel Health Insurance sounds expensive, but, there are facts that you can use to determine exactly what you need to cover yourself from. Before you buy a Health Care Plan for your trip, check with your insurance provider and your government healthcare plan to know how much coverage you already have, and, what you are already covered for. This way, you would be able to determine what sort of, and, how much coverage you would need to purchase for your trip abroad.
Also check with your destination consulate or their website for any health warnings and any other information that you might need to know concerning your safety.
Everyone's Travel Health Insurance needs are different, that is, some people might need more, and some people might need less coverage, depending on how healthy you are, where you are going, how long you will be away for, etc. Do not be guided by the price alone, Travel Health Insurance can vary, a lot from individual to individual, the region that you are traveling to and how much risk factor activities you are going to be involved in.
Make Sure You Have Your Expatriate Health Insurance
How Long Are You Going To Be Away?
Injury or Illness Caused By Alcohol or Drug Use
What Does Your Travel Health Insurance Needs To Cover?
I'm glad you ask. Your travel health insurance needs to cover -
- Hospital and medical cost for both illnesses and injuries.
- Accidental dental and dental emergencies.
- Medical providers, doctors, nurses, etc.,
- Ambulance and other medical and emergency transportations.
- Travel companion, and return of travel companion.
- Medications related to injury and illness.
- Premature and prenatal care, if the situation arises.
- Trip extension, if the needed.
- Would you be allowed to renew your policy while you are away.
- Cremation or burial at the place of death or return of the deceases.
- Direct payment of medical bills and cash advances.
- Continuous coverage while you are away.
- Emergency medical evacuation, to your country or the nearest location for appropriate medical treatment and the medical attendant to accompany you.
- Be sure that the deductibles are spelled out clearly.
- Medical Appliance rental, if it is needed.
- The return of your vehicle, boat or pet, if necessary.
- Needs to have an in- house, worldwide, 24/7 emergency contact number, in English. It needs to provide translation for healthcare providers in your destination country, if necessary.
- Make sure that you are clear on how to make a claim and how you will be re-imbursed for out-of-pocket expenses.
Don't leave home without it
Get Your Travel Health Coverage Before Visiting These Tropical Climates
Before You Buy International Travel Health Insurance
With constantly changing lifestyles, the urge for international travel is increasing in "leaps and bounds". This movement, of people, from one country to the next, however exciting, does have its cons.
One such situation is the new hazard it brings to your health and your life. That is why the need for International Travel Health Insurance is on the rise, it protects you while you are traveling and living abroad. No one can tell when, where and how you can fall ill or get in an accident and need medical attention abroad.
There are several types of International Travel Health Insurance. I will discuss a few below, you would need to decide which insurance best suits your needs. Here are the main ones -
- Student Travel Medical Insurance is designed specifically to meet medical coverage needs while living and studying in a foreign country. Coverage is available for domestic student traveling abroad and for international student choosing to pursue studies here. You enjoy low deductible and comprehensive coverage.
- Travel Accident Insurance provides payment in case of death or dismemberment as a result of a covered accident.
- Backpackers Travel Insurance covers travellers who would be away for one extended trip, it usually lasts up to 12 months and it will cover you for visits to a whole lot of countries during the year. But it will expire if you return home for even a few hours during that time. Be sure you read the wording of the policy thoroughly to determine if it is suitable to your needs.
There is are a few website that you can benefit from if you are looking for more information. I will list them below -
Contract of Insurance.
The Insurance Break Down.
What is Insurance?
Insurance is a practice by which a company ( the insurer), provides a guarantee of compensation for specified loss, damage, illness or death in return for payment.
The purchaser ( the insured), of an insurance pays a fixed amount of money ( the premium), for the services that was agreed upon, and, in return, the seller agrees to pay some larger amount of money, if an unlikely adverse event occurs.
What is an Insurance Policy?
An Insurance Policy is the agreement ( contract) that is made between the insurer ( policy broker) and the insured ( the policy holder).
Here are a few types of Insurance that are available out there -
- Life Insurance is a financial protection against loss of income as a result of the insured's life expiration.
- Health Insurance is financial coverage that pays for medical and surgical expenses as a result of sickness or injury.
- Long Term Disability Insurance provides help to the policy holder when he or she is unable to work due to injuries or severe illness.
- Auto Insurance offer financial protection against theft of your vehicle and possibly, damage to the vehicle caused by an accident.
- Property Insurance protects you against loss,(due to fire, theft or weather damage), associated with property that you own, e.g. houses, cars, boats, businesses, etc.
- Travel Insurance provides financial protection, in the event of any unexpected costs, that may arise when you are traveling.
- International Travel Health Insurance is a worldwide journey medical health insurance.
- Expatriate Health Insurance is designed for people who are living and or working abroad for a prolonged period of time.
I have written just a few types of Insurances and their definitions to make it simpler to differentiate between and understand them. Some have just minor differences and some insurance companies called the same one by different names.