You all may be aware that I'm living in Japan. I have to wonderful perspecive to be Nisei (The generation of people born in any country outside of Japan either to at least one Issei or one non-immigrant Japanese parent.) in this wonderful country. With that in mind My friends/family in America tend to have some of the most ridiculous ideas of Japan. I decided to make a little hub to dispell some of those myths.
**This is just for ammusement please do not be offended*
- You CAN buy beef in Japan. And its not ridiculously priced to buy any kind of beef product. Yes, there is some beef that is expensive but not all. Just look at places like Mos Burger and McDonalds.
- Every person in Japan is not a computer wiz with an insaine IQ
- All of Tokyo is not Urban
- Everyday in Tokyo is not like in the movie "Tokyo Drift"
- We do not eat sushi everyday
- Everyone dosen't walk around in kimonos.
- You can buy some American products but it is a bit expensive. HELLO....ITS IMPORTED!
- Japanese people are not racist. But depending on where you live, they aren't use to having gaikokujin living next door.
- NO not every store and bare has the "No foreigners" sign displayed. In fact very few if any places have it. And lets be honest folks. Why would you think they have to have that kind of sign? Because too many foreigners have gone into that establishment acting like fools.
- All electronics are not dirt cheap in Japan. In fact a netbook here seems to be more expensive then one back home.
- No you cannot come to Japan and be an instant super star just because you are foreign.
- Everyone does not speak perfact English
- Everything is not written in English and Japanese. In fact where I live everything is written in English
- All Japanese girls do not all go crazy for guys who are foreign.