- Travel and Places»
- Travel Tips & Preparation
Kids Travel Bags-Kids Travel Bags Are Easy On You
Kids Travel Bags-Kids Travel Bags Are Easy On You
How can you keep a child busy while you get ready for vacations and road trips?
Let them get the things ready to put in their own kids travel bags.
Hearing the word, "travel," excites kids. The idea of Kids Travel Bags to help bring kids along for vacations encourages them to pack their things right away even if it’s days away from the time you have announced it. kids like to cart around their own travel bags to a classmates sleep over, a trip to grandmas, road trips and family vacations.
Don't be disappointed if they only have toys packed. It would be nice for you to know that your kids can prepare their bags on their own, but until they are older, this just needs to be checked. Double check their bags and make sure that all their needs are packed before you walk out the door - insist on it.
Kids Travel Bags-Buying And Packing Tips
When choosing your kids travel bags, it is important that you don't just buy whatever your kids like. Here are some tips to help you out when buying theirs:
- Make sure that there is enough space for everything. That means clothes, accessories, toys, food snacks, and everything that they need.
- TIP: Airports work fast and furious and maybe your little one likes to wander. Be sure to put your cell phone number, name and address, doctors phone number, your flight number and airlines name and destination on a piece of paper inside their bag in a top place in case they get lost or wander away from you. Pin it to them if they are younger.
- Some parents prefer backpacks for their kids. Aside from placing all their clothes in a separate luggage bag that you carry, make sure that what they use always are safely placed in their backpack. This will help make them gather their belongings faster. In their backpack, they can put toys, snacks, face wipes and an extra change of clothes and/or an extra set of underwear.
- Do not buy a travel bag simply because you kids love the design or it has their favorite cartoon character. When you bring those bags for travel, they might not be as useful as the ones you have looked through first for durability and design .
Try to consult your kids if the bag is adequate for them. By that, I mean don't make your kids carry bags that are too heavy (too big, too small) or awkward for them. See to it that they don’t have a hard time bringing their bags. Try to guide them about the proper use of the bag so that they know if it would be perfect for them - Or not.
Kids Travel Bags-travel Manners Please
Choosing travel bags for kids might be very tough but can also be fun. Make sure your kids love what they buy and that they consider packing it a special treat.
Reminders for your kids before you head out the door:
- Tell them that you expect them to use their travel manners. This holds true when the place you go to seems unfamiliar to any of you. Remind them that you will be in a strange place and that they can't pretend it is home. Therefore, ask them to act appropriately.
I was in a restaurant with my friend and a family of four was seated near us. The little girl screamed the entire time they were there. It was so completely annoying that my (adult) friend stood up and screamed out loud too. The little girl became extremely quiet for the rest of the meal, the inattentive parents looked shocked and the rest of the people in the restaurant started clapping in applause. Your children are a direct reflection on you. If they are causing a ruckus - don't ignore them, take them outside even if it means you do not eat your own meal - NOBODY wants to watch or hear a rude, ill-mannered child. Nobody. And it is my personal peeve, too.
- Give your kids a clear picture of what the place will be like as well why they are going there. If you are there for a fun vacation, help them understand that it is fine to enjoy themselves. But, if you are there for a business trip or something else, tell them that they must wait until your business is finished before you can take them for fun.
- Remind them of the importance of cleanliness in strange places. Make sure they have age-appropriate cleaners to use for their hands and face, small tissue packs, band aids, sun screen, sun glasses, an umbrella, hats and visors and a lightweight wind breaker that packs easily.
Remind them that they are in a strange place and of how important it is to stay close to you and not to talk to strangers.
Kids Travel Bags-Safety First
Don't forget that this is their vacation, too, but just in case, bring along these essential items:
· A recent photo of them
· Copies of birth certificate, photo identification, travel reservations, airline tickets
· A small nightlight that you can plug in so they can see their way to the bathroom at night in the hotel room.
· A rubber stop for the door just as an extra precautionary safety measure in your hotel room.
Kids Travel Bags-Kids Love To Be Entertained
To kids, a road trip is much the same as a vacation trip, so some things you may want to throw in an extra kids travel duffel bag would include:
· Lightweight blanket for naps
· Plastic boxes to hold drawing instruments for each child and they also make great desks too.
·Frisbee to play with and use as a tray.
·A Compass to teach them directions with and you can make that fun by telling them that they are going to help you get to your destination.
·Easy to eat snacks - crackers, animal crackers are timeless, and hard candy works great too!
·The cleanup crew - Plastic bags, garbage sacks, and paper towels.
TIP: Get a coloring activity book from your local thrift store and copy the pages for games on the road like Tic Tac Toe, hangman, word searches and scrambles, color searches and scrambles, license plate searches (see who can find the most license plates from different states). Bring a travel log of each of the places you are going and ask the kids to write about what they liked about that spot so you can add it to your scrapbook when you get home, and other fun things they would like. This may take some planning on your part, but the reward of quiet, involved playtime is worth it. Sing songs with them too-lots of them.
Kids Travel Bags-Sing And Go Get Your Own Travel Bag
- Family Adventure Gifts & Gear | Gift Basket Idea
Tips for travelers, parents, travel game activities, . . . and more!
- Dog Travel Bags-The Scoop On Dog Travel Bags
Learn how I solved my travel problems with our dog, Lucy - Parsons Jack Russell. What Is The Best Way To Take My Dog With Me When I Travel? Find Out Here!
- Travel Shoulder Bag-Buy Travel Shoulder Bag
Are you an adventurous traveler? Do you Love a remote vacation - Maybe even a safari? If you do then you'll love a Travel Shoulder Bag!
TSA Tips-Traveling With kids
Kids Travel Bags-Only The Memories Will Last
Traveling is one of the best ways for you to bond with your kids. Make travel a habit-even if you go on mini road trips for the weekend to a place a half day away and stay in a camp or hotel then come home the next day-your kids will love this!
Enjoy every single moment you spend with them because, as you know, it passes much too quickly. When your kids have outgrown their kids travel bags, you will be reminded of this yet once again.