Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, California: Total Park Review
A Lil About Knott's Berry Farm
Knott's Berry Park opened in 1940 in Buena Park, California. It has over 40 rides and it's steadily growing. The amusement park sits on over 160 acres and it operates year round.
The rankings in this review will be based on letter grades just like in school. (A,B,C,D,F)
Location of Knott's Berry Farm
Fast and Fun!
Have You Been?
Have you ever been to Knott's Berry Farm in California before?
1. Coast Rider: West Coast riding at it's finest. The cart goes up over 50 feet and allows riders to ride along the "coast" until finally dropping off and spinning, twirling and seemingly flying down to the ground. Grade:.B+
2. Boomerang: Get ready to go upside down on six loops and then get prepared to do it again backwards! Grade: A
3. Xcelerator: This coaster reaches speeds of up to 82 MPH and the first hill is a 205 ft drop off. The carts you ride at takeoff are designed and colored to look like 1957 Chevy Bel-Air cars. The ride maintains high speeds even on hills and twists and sharp turns. Grade: B+
4. Jaguar: This ride doesn't go upside down but it's unique because it travels above and through several rides in the park. It's like a roller coaster tour guide of the amusement park. Grade: A
5. Montezuma's Revenge: Revenge goes 55 MPH and it gets to that speed in only three face bending seconds. The coaster shoots the riders around a humongous seven foot loop and then it goes backwards through the same huge loop at 55 MPH. Grade: A+
6. Pony Express: Instead of coaster carts the rider gets on replica horses from the old west. The rides goes 38 MPH and takes you on trails from the old times. Grade: B-
7. Silver Bullet: This suspended coaster takes you strait upward to 146 feet before flipping you around for the drop whichis sudden and unexpected. Grade: A-
8. Ghost Rider: This is the longest and one of the tallest wooden roller coasters in the entire world. It's 118 feet long and it travels right above Ghost a Town which is one of the five divided themes of the park. Grade: A
9. Sierra Sidewinder: A one of a kind spinning roller coaster. It travels at nearly 40 MPH while rotating its riders around on the cart's axis. It nose doves and goes around loops while rotating around wildly. Grade: A+
10. Timberline Twister: A small kids coaster that goes too slow. Grade: C-
Knott's Berry is Scary!!
Perilous Plunge Water Ride
1. Pacific Scrambler: The Scrambler is exactly that. The ride jerks you from side to side and everywhere in between. Grade: C+
2. Rip Tide: This ride slings you into the air flipping around at 59 MPH. It's like a high tech bunjee jump. Grade: A
3. Screamin' Swing: Honey, I blew up the swings. This swing set swifts you extremely high. It looks like King Kongs swings. Grade: A-
4. La Revolucion: This ride is similar to a Ferris wheel that actually moves and moves fast. Once it gets swinging the rider gets slung over 6 stories into the sky. Grade: A
5. Supreme Scream: A scary ride without a doubt. Your launched over 250 feet into the air and then it holds you there. After a minute or so it drops you at over 50 MPH to the ground. Grade: A+
Food and Beverages
Fiesta Village Dining
Ghost Town Dining
California Marketplace Dining
Camp Snoopy Dining
Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner
view quiz statistics
Kids and Family Rides
The theme of the children's area is primarily Camp Snoopy which is based on the Peanuts comics.
Below are the top kid's rides at the park.
1. Flying Ace: Young children fly around in these replica of airplanes in a circle above the ground. Grade: B+
2. Balloon Race: Take an air balloon ride high above the trees and see the park from a bird's eye view. Grade: A
3. Camp Bus: This kid's bus is slightly elevated and allows children to ride around with the Peanuts comics characters. Grade: B
4. Mud Buggies: Ride a mini all terrain vehicle and ride around in a small dirty area. It's a very fun ride although the riding area is a little too small. Grade:C+
5. Dragon Swing: This pirate boat rocks it's passengers back and forth and it's a fast blast. Grade: B+
6. Merry-Go-Round: Horses and chariots take you around on a track. Grade: B
7. Wipeout: This ride starts spinning slowly and saint picks up speed it rises high into the air and tilts. Grade: B
8. Waveswinger Swings: Just like any other fair or amusement park this park also has Swings. Grade: c+
9. Ferris Wheel: It spins around and allows you to see some of the park. It's not tall enough to be honest. Grade: C-
* The park has an arcade but seeing as I didn't go inside of it I can't comment on it and grade it.
Entertainment and Shows
Many annual events and shows are staged at Knott's Berry Farm. Below are a few of the better ones.
1. Knott's Scary Farm: The park is Halloween themed for October each year. Haunted house, monsters and other spooky events occur in the park during this time. Grade: A+
2. Knott's Merry Farm: It's decorated for the Christmas Holidays and it has Santa Clause, exhibits and it's very festive. Grade: B+
Knott's Scary Farm (Haunted Halloween)
Log Flume Ride
Below are the water rides currently operating at Knott's Berry.
1. Bigfoot Rapids: This ride is a river raft ride that spins you around currents and fast waters in a large circle boat. Grade: B
2. Timber Mountain Log Ride: The log ride has two big drops and the second one splashes big time because it's a 40 foot plunge. Grade: B+
Tour of Knott's Berry Farms
The Knott's Berry Farm Amusement Park gets high marks in some areas and average marks in others. The ten roller coasters definitely get anger all A letter grade. The Thrill rides gets an overall B letter grade because they simply do not have enough. The kid's areas,shows, entertainment and concessions get an overall B+ grade from me.
Overall Grade For Knott's Berry Farm: B
Silver Bullet Roller Coaster
Amusement and Theme Park Hubs
- Best Roller Coasters in Amusement Park History
This article focuses on the top thrill rides from amusement parks from all over the Unted Staes. Rides from Six Flags, Universal Studios and Disney World are featured In this hub.
- Universal Studios Orlando: A Wild Ride Through Hollywood
This article is about Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. This Theme park features rides that are unlike any that other parks offer. In this place you Ride the Movies. Jaws and Back to the Future.
- My Trip To Six Flags over Georgia
This Amusement park article describes Six Flags in Atlanta, Georgia. The park has several roller coasters including: The Ninja, Goliath, Mind Bender, Batman and the Georgia Scorcher.
- Best Amusement Parks in America
This article documents the best Amusement parks in the United States. Six Flags, Kings Island, Disneyland, Universal Studios and Cedar Point are highlighted in this hub along with you tube videos.
- Best Thrill Rides in Amusement Park History
This hub describes the best thrill rides in the history of the Amusement park. Six Flags, Universal Studios, Disney World and Disneyland are listed in this article.
© 2014 lesliebyars