- Travel and Places»
- Visiting Asia»
- Southern Asia
Lahore Travel Guide
Lahore Travel Guide
There are several Places in Lahore, some of them are;
1) Iqbal Park
Minar e Pakistan – Minar e Pakistan is the renowned and historically most significant place in Lahore. Its construction started in 1960 and the park after its complete construction was opened in 1968. This 70 meters tall monument is a pure amalgamation of modern and Moghul architecture. It houses a lake in the proximity as well as a large ground where people can come along with their families and have a picnic time.
Badshahi Mosque is witness to the fact that the style of architecture introduced by Moghuls is the one of its kinds. It was built between 1671 to 1673 and was considered the largest mosque at the time of its construction. Badshahi Mosque was constructed in the era of Moghul emperor Aurangzeb and lies in the close vicinity of Iqbal Park. It can accommodate almost 100000 people in its courtyard.
3) Lahore Museum
It was originally established in 1865 and 1866 and then later on was shifted to its current location on the mall road in 1894. Sir Ganga Ram was the architect of this present museum. It houses some paintings that date back to the times of British, Hindus and Sikhs respectively. It contains some important elements of Indus Civilization as well. The roof of the main hall has been painted by Sadqain. It is one of the major museums in South East Asia.
4) Miscellaneous Places
Apart from the above mentioned historically unique places, Lahore is full of places that attract the visitors to themselves. Lahore Zoo and Sozo Water Park are such attractions. Quaid e Azam library is yet another important place that one should visit.
Lahore is very famous for its diversity of food. Lahori spicy food is almost famous all over the country. People from every corner of the country come to Lahore just to have the taste of it. There are many places where the rich food culture can be observed and tested at the same time. Some of the most famous places are as under:-
- Food Street It is just beside Iqbal Park and closer to Badshahi Mosque. It houses the typical Punjabi food outlets. They may not be in the posh place of the Lahore, but people from all walks of life come to get the rich taste of Lahore food. Some of the renowned outlets are Cooco's Den, Andaaz, etc.
- MM Alam Road Though as the name suggests, it is a road, but it is considered one of the busiest roads of Lahore mainly due to the presence of all eating brands that are present in Pakistan. Fast food, Spicy food, Chinese or international chains are all present on this road. If you ask me my favorite, it's Freddy.
Shopping Plazas There are many shopping plazas and shopping centers that accommodates people from all strata of society. Some of the most renowned and visited shopping areas are as under:-
- Fortress Stadium As the name suggests that it's a stadium but along the boundary of the stadium, you will find shops of almost all the brands that you may have heard of. The only thing that it has only local brands and no international brand present within its vicinity. Recently opened Square Mall has increased the diversity of the shopping of the Fortress Stadium
- Mall of Lahore Mall of Lahore is a state of the art mall which houses international as well as local brands.
- MM Alam Road MM Alam along with the food diversity leads the way in the shopping as well. It has many local as well international outlets and brands that enable people to have a unique shopping experience.