- Travel and Places»
- Travel Activities & Ideas»
- Outdoor & Adventure Activities on Vacation
Local Hiking Trails Near Yorktown NY
I am a weekend hiker. I like to hike easy trails around my house. They are short trails that can be done under two hours.
- June 2017
My List of Local Trails
- Bear Mountain Inn State Park
- Anthony's Nose
- Croton Dam Reservoir
- Teatown Reservation
- FDR State Park
- Constitution Marsh
- Fahnestock State Park
Some Common Attributes
i prefer trails that are shady and easy to walk on. Some trails are near water such as a river or a lake or ocean or waterfalls. Some that are not too steep to climb but have ups and downs. Some trails that are quiet and far away from roads or highway. Some trails that are less traveled and not congested.
Some Related Info
- Fahnestock State Park (Clarence Fahnestock)
This 14,086 acre park boasts hiking trails, a beautiful beach, picnic areas, campgrounds, fishing, hiking and Taconic Outdoor Education Center.
- Constitution Marsh Audubon Center and Sanctuary
- Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park
About 40 miles from New York City, offers day trippers a day of fun and relaxation. Picnic areas, fishing, boating, pool & lakes all accessible!
- Teatown Lake Reservation Nature Preserve and Education Center - Teatown
Teatown is a community supported nature preserve and education center located on 1,000 acres in the Lower Hudson Valley.
- Croton Gorge Park
- Anthony's Nose | Hike the Hudson Valley
This hike is for you if: You want a relatively short hike to an awesome Hudson River overlook.
- The Inn | Bear Mountain Inn
I recommend these trails that are close to my home town of Yorktown Heights, NY. Each is unique and have their appeal. My personal favorite is the Croton Dam. It is a great place to have a picnic as well as walk exercise. The view is stunning.
© 2017 Jack Lee