Logarska Dolina - Logar Valley - Slovenia
Logar Valley is one of the most beautiful sights in Slovenia and is located in the Alps of Kamnik. The Valley is dividet in three parts: Log (wet, muddy grass world), central part Plest (mostly wooded) and the upper part Kot (wooded and rocky world). There are 35 people living in the Valley in individual houses.
In the Year 1987 Logar Valley was protected as a nature park in the size of 24 square km.
Surrounding peaks of the Logarska Valley are Strelovec (1763 m), Kroficka (2083 m), Ojstrica (2350 m), Lucka Baba (2244 m), Planjava (2394 m), Brana (2252 m), Turska gora (2251 m), Mrzla Gora (2203 m). The end of a Valley is under Okreselj where ice cold (3 °C) Savinja as Waterfall Rinka emerges from the ground and falls 90 m deep.
Although the Logar Valley is not narrow (minimum width is 500 m), the inversion phenomenon due to the influence of the northern anticyclone is very common.
Trough the Logar Valley runs walking path for about 2 to 3 hours, which leads past the sights: the source of the stream Crna, lesene rize, ash, charcoal cottage, etc..
Access to Logar Valley
Access by car is possible through village Solčava. At the entrance you will have to buy a ticket - donation fo Logar Valley.
You can also arive by crossing Pavlicevo sedlo - international border crossing between Slovenia and Austria. Nearby is Matkov kot - protected forest.
Under the saddle you can go to panoramic road which links the village of Sv. Duh (one hour higher is famous Potočka zijalka) and a lonely farm in Podolseva.
In the valley itself there are over 40 natural sigtseeings like waterfalls, rock towers, caves, trees of extraordinary dimensions, flora and fauna.
- Natural monument Izvir Crne (Black Spring) is the second spring Savinja.
- Logar Lipa (Lindsay) has a circumference of 485 cm and a height of 25 m
- Okreselj is one of the most beautiful krnica in Slovenia
- Plesnikov brest (elm) is 370 cm wide and a height of 25 m.
- Potocka zijalka is one of the most important archaeological and palaeontological caves in Slovenia
- Rastov Waterfall
- Natural Monument Waterfall Palenk - especially after the rain descends 78 meters deep
- Natural Monument Rinka waterfall dropping into a narrow beam across the glacier decreases the threshold of 90 m deep
- Natural Monument Golica v Krejdi is an extreme case of eroded sediments from the Quaternary, the most recent geological era, which began 3 million years ago. It shows that the valley floor in a corner covered with fine grained material, laminated with a solid red-brown gum, consisting of sand and flowstone. This material has been filled in the bottom corner before the ice blanketed the valley.
Logar Valley - Rinka Waterfall
Links to Logar Valley - Slovenia
- Solcavsko - Logar Valley
Turistic society of Logarska dolina IThis trough-like valley was created by the play of the nature deep in the heart of the Kamnik-Savinja Alps, enshrouded by the lofty peaks of Kroficka, Ojstrica, Luka Baba, Planjava, Brana, Turska Gora and Rinke,
- Logar Valley, Slovenia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Desription of Logar Valley on Wikipedia
- Logarska dolina - Wikipedija, prosta enciklopedija
Desription of Logar valley in slovenian langugage