- Travel and Places»
- Specialty Travel & Tours
Disney World: Best Magic Kingdom Restaurants for Teens
Disney World Restaurants: Where To Dine in the Magic Kingdom with older kids, tweens, and Teens
Disney’s Magic Kingdom is an amazing theme park but the food is somewhat less amazing for teens, especially since two of the restaurants feature character meals. There are only a few restaurants on our list for this theme park but don’t panic – you can also find some good options in restaurants at the nearby Magic Kingdom resort area hotels. You'll find links below to articles about dining in the resorts, other Disney theme parks, and Downtown Disney.
This article primarily covers those restaurants that are considered "table service" restaurants on the Disney Dining Plan. There are many quick-service meal options but those generally are not themed experiences.
Dining at a restaurant inside the Magic Kingdom theme park will require an admission ticket, even if you're only going in to dine. Parking will cost about $15 for the day.
All photos are my own. (c)Stephen Johnson.
Magic Kingdom Restaurants Your Teen Might Enjoy
- Character meals ~ Don't be too quick to completely rule out character meals. Kids can sometimes be surprisingly sentimental and nostalgic about favorite characters. My own teens are always willing to give Winnie-the-Pooh a hug for old time's sake so a Character meal at the Crystal Palace is an option for our family of sophisticated young adults. .
- Be Our GuestThis restaurant is opening on November 19, 2012. This is a Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant and, while it does not have characters, it does have three themed dining rooms: The West Wing features the "Enchanted Rose", the Rose Gallery has dancing figures of Belle & Beast, and the Ballroom has a domed ceiling with chandeliers and looks like there is snow falling outside. Dinner reservations are being accepted at this time but you cannot request a specific dining room - those requests must be made at the podium. At lunch, this restaurant is a quick-service location with no reservations accepted or required.
- Cinderella's Royal Table / Dinner During the Wishes Fireworks ~ This is now a character meal with Cinderella available for photos photos in the foyer and other princesses visiting the tables in the dining room. Although the characters may not appeal to teens, I'm recommending this location because dining in the castle is a lovely experience and the view of the evening Wishes Fireworks is really neat because some of the fireworks are launched quite close to the restaurant. You probably only want to do this if you have 2 evenings in the Magic Kingdom because I wouldn't give up seeing the fireworks from the grounds outside. This is an expensive restaurant but you will receive some photos of your group with the characters. At some point in his teens, my son decided that the princesses are "hot" and he no longer minded going to princess meals with his younger cousins. This is a "Signature Dining location" and will take two Disney Dining Plan table service meal credits per person.
- Liberty Tree Tavern is no longer be a character meal. It serves both dinner and lunch. The food is hearty and good and is served family style. This isn't a themed restaurant but might be a great choice for boys that are growing quickly and are always hungry.
- Plaza Restaurant ~ Charming little restaurant that serves soup, sandwiches, burgers, and salads. The hand-dipped sundaes, soda, floats, & milkshakes are the highlight and this is a nice spot for a break from the crowds.
- Now I know that I said that we wouldn't cover counter-service options in this series but it would be almost tragic if you went to the Magic Kingdom and didn't get a Dole Whip from Aloha Isle in Adventure Land. Dole Whips are pineapple soft-serve icecream and they are so, so very good on a hot Florida day. The "Sprinkles vs. No-Sprinkles" debate in our family makes the presidential election debates seem mild. In our view, a Dole Whip is an excellent use of one of those Disney World Meal Plan snack credits!