- Travel and Places»
- Specialty Travel & Tours
Tips for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort
Information Help you Get the Most from the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Disney World.
Walt Disney World offers some wonderful special events and one of best is the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on select nights at the Magic Kingdom Theme Park in Orlando, Florida. If you're searching online, this party name is often shortened to MNSSHP.
Tickets for Halloween Night (October 31st) often sells out early so get your tickets now, if that night is a priority.
MNSSHP - Pre-party planning information, party dates, ticket prices, etc.
Here's what you need to know before you go to a Tips for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort
1. 2014 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party dates: September 1, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28; October 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31.
2. You must have a ticket specifically for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party to participate in this special event. You cannot enter using a Magic Your Way or Park Hopper ticket. The Magic Kingdom will close to the general public at 7:00PM; after that time, only those who have the party wrist band will be allowed to ride rides.
3. Most nights have advance purchase discount.
September Parties - advance purchase prices: Adults - $62.00+tax; Children 3 - 9 $57.00+tax / Gate price (subject to availability); Adults - $68+tax , Children - $63.00+tax.
October 2, 3, 5, 9, 13, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28, -advance purchase prices: Adults - $67 +tax; Children 3 - 9 $62+tax / Gate price (subject to availability); Adults - $71+tax, Children - $66 +tax
There are no advance purchase discounts for October 10, 17, 24, & 30, 31.
October 10, 17, 24, & 30: Adults - $71+tax, Children - $66 +tax
October 31 (Halloween Night) - Ticket prices (subject to availability): Adults - $77.00+tax, Children - $72.00+tax.
Special prices for U.S. Military Members on select nights. Active Duty & Retired U.S. military members and up to five family members are eligible for special discounted tickets for all September dates. Adults - $43.40+tax, Children - $39.00 +tax. Military discounts are not offered for October party dates.. These tickets are sold at all Disney Guest Relations locations but are not offered through military bases, online or by phone order.
Disney Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members receive special discounts on tickets for select nights. September 1, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28: Ages 10+ $58.00+tax / ages 3-9 $53.00+tax /
October 2, 5, 9, 13, 16, 19, & 21: Ages 10+ $64.00+tax / ages 3-9 $59.00+tax
4. Parties on weekends tend to be a busier than parties on week days. The October 31st party typically sells out in advance. There are a limited number of tickets available for each party so you do not have to worry about feeling packed in.
5. You do not have to spend the day at the Magic Kingdom if you have a Magic Your Way basic ticket and want to visit a Disney theme park prior to the party. Because this event is ticketed separately, it is not attached to your regular admission ticket in any way so you are not "park hopping" if you go to Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, or the Animal Kingdom using your regular admission ticket on the same day that you go to the party.
6. The party is from 7:00PM to Midnight but your party ticket will allow you to enter the Magic Kingdom as early at 4:00PM. This is a great thing because you can get your party wrist band, go into the Magic Kingdom, and maybe get some dinner before the party starts. The parking area and front gate of the Magic Kingdom are going to be a little crazy right at 7:00PM as you have day guests exiting at the same time that party guests are trying to enter. Be sure to get a party map when you get your wrist band.
7. On the other hand, there are some people like to wait until a little after 7:00PM to enter because the special party affects that are added along Main Street USA once the party starts (7:00PM) heighten the party mood and experience for them.
8.If you are spending the whole day in the Magic Kingdom, you'll need to go to the Rose Garden on the Hub to pick your party wrist band.
9. Try not to wear yourself out prior to the party - this is especially true for young children. You're paying a premium for these event tickets so it doesn't make sense to be nearly worn out when the party begins at 7:00PM. We recommend sleeping in this morning and enjoying a resort day or enjoying a late character breakfast at one of the resort restaurants. Another good option is to sleep in and make this a water park day. If you do go into one of the parks, avoid the morning Extra Magic Hour and try to get a mid-day break.
10. Costumes: both adults and children are allowed to wear "family friendly" costumes to these fun parties - in fact, this is the only time that adults are allowed to wear costumes into a theme park. Florida can be hot and humid so select costumes that will be comfortable and allows you to move freely. You may not wear masks or head pieces that obstruct your vision. Adults who dress in realistic looking Disney character costumes are not allowed to pose for photos or sign autographs or do anything to imply that you are a Disney employee; doing so can cause you to be escorted from the park. You are not required to wear a costume to the party.
11. Costumes - Booking a "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique" or "Pirate League" reservation before the party seems like a fun and easy way to get ready for the party. You won't be the only one to take advantage of this option and the appointments get backed up, getting done much later than expected. Try to book a reservation early enough to be finished well before the party starts. Remember that you can only enter the Magic Kingdom at 4:00PM with just a party ticket - that may affect your Pirate or Princess make-over time. There is a "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique" in the World of Disney shop at Downtown Disney.
12. Disney provides small plastic trick-or-treat bags but many people bring at least one larger sturdy (canvas?) bag with handles / shoulder straps for candy - especially if the parent will end up carrying candy for more than one child. There are candy stops all over the park but think about how much room you have for candy in your luggage.
13. Dining - Plan to eat a decent dinner - you might feel sick if you eat only candy all evening. There will be some restaurants open during the party. Remember that Magic Kingdom resort area restaurants (Chef Mickey's, Ohana, etc.) will be especially busy these nights as day guests look for something to do after the early park closing. Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Tony's Town Square are the table-service restaurants that are open during the party - but you need to decide whether spending about 1 Â½ hours in a restaurant is worthwhile when the party is only 5 hours long. Cosmic Rays, Casey's Hot dogs, and Pecos Bills are the counter-service restaurants serving meals. There will be some other snack carts and ice cream shops open. You can also utilize the food courts at the Magic Kingdom Area Resorts; we like the Contempo CafÃ© in the Contemporary resort because you can watch the monorail zip by while you eat - then just walk or take the water launch over to the Magic Kingdom for the party.
14. You might be able to buy glow necklaces at your local party supply store or even the party section of your local Wal-mart. These will be less expensive than similar flashy items found inside the park.
At Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party:
Here are more tips and information to help you get the most out of the party.
1. When you get the party map, take a minute to decide which shows or events are important to you and decide when you will do activities that have more than one time available.
2.If you're staying late, remember that the second parade (10:30PM) is always less crowded than the earlier parade (8:15PM). You'll want to find a parade viewing location at least 20 minutes prior to the parade so that you can see the headless horseman ride by. TIP: If you do encounter crowds along the parade route, look for a garbage can. People tend to avoid them but the Disney garbage cans are very clean and do not smell - you might be able to find a little space near one to watch the parade.
3.Don't line up early at a candy / trick-or-treat stops. There will be candy available all over the park, all night long. You don't need a strategy for getting candy. The character paths are fun places to get candy, as well as Br'er Rabbit's Candy Patch, near Splash Mountain in Frontierland.
4. Examples of Trick-or-Treat sized candy given at past parties: Werthers, Smarties, dum dums, SweetTarts, Tootsie Rolls, Airheads, Bottle Caps, Mike & Ikes, Bit 'o Honey, Jolly Rancher, Nerds, Skittles, Candy Corn, Twix, red licorice, Laffy Taffy, 100 Grand Bars, Crunch Bars, Snickers, Hershey bars, M&Ms, Kit Kat bars, Oh Henry bars, Starburst, Now & Later, Twizzlers, etc.
5.Sugar free candy is available at the City Hall.
6.There are no FASTPASS tickets distributed at the party - crowds are low enough that FASTPASS tickets are not really necessary.
7. These rides are open during the party: Adventureland: Pirates of the Caribbean, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Frontierland: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railway. Liberty Square: Haunted Mansion. Fantasyland: Peter Pan's Flight, Prince Charming Regal Carousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Mickey's Philharmagic, Snow White's Scary Adventures, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Mad Tea Party. Tomorrowland: Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, Astro Orbiter, Buzz LIghtyear's Space Ranger Spin, Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover, Stitch's Great Escape, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (closes at 10PM).
8.The Happy Hallowishes Fireworks are usually presented at 9:30PM.
9.Face-painting is no longer being offered at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
10. A lot of families with small children will exit after the Happy Hallowishes Fireworks (9:30PM) and ride lines typically decrease as the evening gets later.
12.There will be photopass photographers on hand for the party.
Photo credit: Photo by JeffCrhistiansen, courtesy of flickr creative commons.
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is a new activity at the Magic Kingdom.
Seeing Disney Villains and Characters at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
1.Does your little princess want her picture taken in front of Cinderella's Coach? This should be the first thing you do because the line gets brutally long. The coach is in the Fantasyland Stroller parking area near to "it's a small world".
2.Snow White and seven dwarfs are also very popular so plan to line up early to see them.
3.Is there a long line in front of the character you want to see? Ask the handler (the Disney cast member standing near the character) when they'll go on break and when they'll return - then line up about 5 - 10 minutes prior to the scheduled return.
4.The dance parties are great opportunities to interact with the characters.
5.If it is open, people tend to overlook the character meet & greet area in Adventure Land in the room near the Aloha Isle snack shop.
6.Villains are always VERY popular at these parties so they generally don't sign autographs - it would just take too long. You can snap photos though. They generally stick around the castle forecourt area for awhile after the Villains Mix & Mingle show - this is a great time to see them. Their Meet & Greet timesa are 7:45, 8:50, 10:05, & 11:15PM.
7.Parade characters can usually be seen in front to the castle, after the parade.
8. Check the Town Square Theater for Disney character meet-and-greets. You'll find Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, The Disney Princesses, and Duffy the Disney Bear. Winnie the Pooh and friends will be outside, by the flag pool. Other characters will be available throughout the Magic Kingdom. These meet-and-greets are unique photo opportunities because many of the characters will be wearing Halloween costumes.
Photo courtesy of Loren Javier via Flickr Creative Commons
Not-So-Scary Street Jam! - Dance Step Video - Feature Song: "Calling All The Monsters" by China Anne McClain
One of the really fun parts of this events is the chance to dance. I really appreciate the fact that Disney understands that the oh-so-remote chance exists that I'm not a natural on the dance floor. The moves are always easy, the dances are fun, and they've even provided a video so I can work on my moves at home so that I'm ready to jump in like a dancin' fool when the opportunity presents itself.
Do you have a favorite Disney World Party?
Which Disney Party Is Your Favorite?
Walt Disney World Resort Vacation Planning Information
At Build A Better Mouse Trip, we specialize in Disney vacations so that you always get expert help - everything we do is designed to make your Disney vacation better and to take the stress out of trip planning.
- Build A Better Mouse Trip Travel Agency
You can contact us directly to purchase 2010 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets or to take care of all your Walt Disney World Resort vacation planning needs.
- Where to find the Disney Princesses at Walt Disney World
Is your little darling a big fan of the Disney Princesses? We have compiled this list to help you score major "Super-Parent" points on your next family vacation to Walt Disney World Resort and theme parks in Orlando, Florida.
- Information About The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique At Disneyworld
Learn more about these special salons in the Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney - this is where your pretty little princess will get royal treatment.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Photography Tips
Tips for getting good photos at the party.
Helpful Resources for you WDW Vacation
You can get this great Walt Disney World guidebook at no additional cost to you when you book your Disneyworld vacation through BuildABetterMouseTrip.com
We think this fun DVD is great for helping little ones know what to expect at a Disney theme park. It includes the song "Grim Grinning Ghosts" which will probably spark lots of great memories from your time at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
You can get this great Disney Cruise Line guidebook at no additional cost to you when you book your Disney Cruise vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip.