Milwaukee, WI Events: Annual Events and Things to Do in November
Are you looking for things to do in Milwaukee? Even though the summer concerts and festivals are long over by November, there are still lots of events each weekend. With events in the downtown as well as the suburbs, there is something here for everyone.
Please note that events are subject to change at any time without notice.
Bayshore Tree Lighting 2009
- Wisconsin Fairs and Festivals, Craft Shows, Art Fairs, Events
Are you looking for more arts and crafts fairs to attend this year? The Milwaukee has a wide variety of superb events.
Annual November Events in Milwaukee
- Trainfest. The largest operating model railroad show takes place right in Milwaukee at the Wisconsin Exposition Center in the Wisconsin State Fair Park. Check out the website for ticket deals and other promotions as well as exhibitor and kids' activities information.
- Veterans Day Parade. Honor the veterans of our country at the Veterans Day Parade in downtown Milwaukee. The parade frequently features special guests such as prominent members of the Coast Guard.
- Holiday Tree Lighting: Brilliant Night, Dazzling Lights. Celebrate the beginning of the holiday season at Bayshore Mall in Glendale. After you've admired the stunning decorations, grab a bite to eat or do a little holiday shopping at the mall.
- Holiday Lights Festival. The downtown Milwaukee decorations kick off in mid-November and go strong through late December. There are decorations throughout Cathedral Square Park, Peer Marquette Park, Wisconsin Avenue, and Zeidler Union Square. Runs through the end of December. Are you interested in seeing the decorations but don't to walk? Consider taking the Jingle Bus for just $1 per person during the festival.
- Candy Cane Lane. Candy Cane Lane features more than 300 homes from 93rd through 96th Street in West Allis, starting at Oklahoma Avenue. All of the trees are decorated as candy canes, and there are numerous other decorations throughout the area. The event is free but local residents collect donations for the MACC fund. It runs from after Thanksgiving through Christmas.
- Holiday Folk Fair International. The Holiday Folk Fair is considered to be the premier multicultural festival in the United States. Enjoy food, music, dancing, and arts as well as demonstrations and exhibits.
- Milwaukee Holiday Parade. The holiday parade travels through the downtown from Astor and Kilbourn to the Grand Avenue Mall. Don't forget to donate to Johnson Controls Hunger Task Force initiative to help families in need during the holiday season.
Museum and Zoo Free Days in Milwaukee in November
Rishi Tea at MAM After Dark Milwaukee Art Museum
Neil Young at the Riverside in Milwaukee
Concerts in Milwaukee in November
Consult the websites for the following venues for current November concert schedules. Even though there aren't a lot of outdoor concerts and festivals in Milwaukee in the fall, you can still hear lots of great music in the city's selection of excellent concert halls.
- BMO Harris Bradley Center. The BMO hosts everything from Journey to the Red Hot Chili Peppers to Sesame Street Live.
- Milwaukee Theater. Dance, classical, contemporary, kids' shows, and more.
- Pabst Theater / Riverside / Turner Ballroom. These three venues have events going on nearly every week of the year. They host a wide variety of musicians as well as comedians and other special events.
- The Rave - Eagles Club. Concerts, dance / black light parties, and radio station events.
- Marcus Center for the Performing Arts. Classical, pops concerts, musicals, kids' events, opera, and much more.
There are so many great places to hear live music in Milwaukee.
More Milwaukee resources from the author.
- Free Things To Do In Milwaukee, WI
Are you looking for free activities and attractions in the Milwaukee area? There are many different possibilities with a number of options for children.
- Milwaukee Bungalows: Craftsman Style Homes
Learn about the arts and crafts or craftsman style Milwaukee Bungalows and their characteristics and features.
- Restaurants Near Miller Park: Milwaukee, WI
This article provides details about seven unique restaurants near Miller Park in Milwaukee, WI. It also includes basic information about the ball park, details about Front Row Friday's, and a list of chain restaurants on Miller Park Way.
© 2012 Rose Clearfield