Most Popular Tourist Attractions Of Alaska
Alaska is located in the Northern part of the United States, and is the largest state within the United States. Alaska is one of the most beautiful states you can visit, but can be extremely cold all year round due to them being the northern most state. Alaska is fourth most popular state to visit in the United states, and is known as an enclave of the United States. I am going to give you some of the most popular tourist attractions located in Alaska.
Alaska Sea-life center
1. Alaska Sea-life center opened in 1978, and has grown to be one of the most popular tourist destinations in Alaska. The Alaska Sea-life center has a very child friendly aquarium, with hundreds of different animals to look at. The Alaska sea life center is definitely a place to visit during a family vacation.
The Glacier Bay Park and Preserve
2. The Glacier Bay Park and Preserve is absolutely gorgeous to look at, and is definitely something you do not want to miss. The Glacier Bay Park and Preserve has over 3.3 million acres of land. The Glacier Bay Park and Preserve has many different things a family could do. The Glacier Bay Park and Preserve has tons of different trails that you can go hiking on, and so much more. This is definitely a great tourist attraction for the entire family.
The Alaska raptor center
3. The Alaska raptor center is a treatment center for bald eagles, and is one of the most popular tourist attractions within Alaska. The Alaska raptor center has hundreds of different birds that cannot live on there, people can visit which has become extremely popular all over the world.
The Riverboat Discovery
4. The Riverboat Discovery is one of the most popular tourist destinations for families visiting Alaska. The Riverboat Discovery is one of the most unique things that you will try in your lifetime, and is absolutely gorgeous. The Riverboat Discovery is cruise of the great rivers of Alaska. The Riverboat Discovery also introduces you to different cultures of Alaska, along with there way of life. This is definitely more a couples tourist destination.
The Sitka National Historical Park
5. The Sitka National Historical Park is definitely centered for history buffs, and is a preserve sign against Russian invaders. The Sitka National Historical Park has many totem poles that people absolutely adore, which are found along the scenic trail. The Sitka National Historical Park is absolutely gorgeous, and is one of the most popular tourist spots for families, visiting the great state of Alaska.
The Resurrection Bay
6. The Resurrection Bay is located in the center of the Kenai Peninsula, and have many different tours of this area. The Resurrection Bay is one of the top tourist attractions in Alaska, and is the home to the annual Mount Marathon run, along with the ever so popular silver salmon derby, and even the Kenai Fjords National Park. The Resurrection Bay is named in honor of Alexandr Baranov who got hit with an extremely bad storm on the Gulf of Alaska, and the storm ended on Easter Sunday. The Resurrection Bay never freezes, and is one of the nicest scenic views within Alaska.
The Chilkoot Trail
7. The Chilkoot Trail is about thirty three miles long, and has one of the nicest scenic views in the world. The Chilkoot Trail is along the gigantic mountains, and was voted as the National Historical landmark in 1978. The Chilkoot Trail is extremely popular all over the world, and is definitely geared towards outdoorsy people.
The Denali National Park
8. The Denali National Park is located on the highest mountain peak in North America, and is extremely popular all over the world. The Denali National Park has over six million acres of land, and has a grassy pass which you can walk along. The Denali National Park is a very popular tourist destination in Alaska, and is one you don't want to miss.
The Mendenhall Glacier
9. The Mendenhall Glacier is located in the Southern region of Alaska, and is about twelve miles long. The Mendenhall Glacier is put inside a fifty foot preserve, and is very popular all over the world. The Mendenhall Glacier has a lot of negative effects, due to weather temperatures, and even human interaction due to Polluting the area. The Mendenhall Glacier is a great toruist attraction for anyone that loves science.
The Earthquake Park
10. The Earthquake Park was designed after the Great Alaskan Earthquake that hit in 1964, and caused over one hundred and forty deaths. The Earthquake Park is definitely for history buffs, who like to learn something new. This is definitely an educational tourist destination that you don't want to miss, and has some of the nicest scenic views as well.
Alaska is a very beautiful, with the snow topped mountains, and the georgeous waters that surround this great state. Alaska is definitely a great place to vacation to for the entire family, and you will have the time of your lives. Alaska can hit pretty cold tempertures, so make sure you dress warm while visiting this great state of Alaska.