Multiple-Choice Quiz: How Well Do You Know Asia?
The following quiz tests your knowledge of Asia using ten multiple-choice questions. Please do not consult the Internet or any references when answering. The answers and links to relevant information are located after the questions. Please put your score in the Poll and in the Comments. Feel free to add any suggestions or information in Comments as well.
1. Which of the following countries is going to be the world’s most populous in 2030?
2. What country was once a colony of the United States?
C) Christmas Island
D) Hong Kong
3. Which city has the most expensive real estate market?
C) Hong Kong
4. Indonesia consists of how many islands?
5. Okinawa is part of what country?
6. What is the official language of Brunei?
7. Which country in Asia has the highest Gross Domestic Product at $13.6 trillion.
D) South Korea
8. Which country uses the won as its unit of currency?
D) South Korea
9. In which country are baguettes so common that they form part of a national dish?
10. What is the smallest country in Asia by landmass?
C) Hong Kong
1-B. Though China is now the most populous nation on earth, India will overtake it in 2030.
2-A. The Philippines was a colony of the U.S.A. from 1898 to 1945.
3-A. Tokyo real estate costs $2,080 per square foot as of 2008.
4-D. With about 17,000 islands, Indonesia is the world’s largest archipelago.
5-D. Okinawa is part of Japan.
6-C. Malay and English are the official languages of Brunei, which is located on the island of Borneo.
7-B. China is the richest country in Asia, followed by Japan and India.
8-C. The won is the unit of currency in South Korea. The coin is called the hwan.
9-B: Because it was a French colony, Vietnam incorporated the baguette into a popular dish known as bánh mì or Vietnamese sandwich.
10-A: Though once a part of Malaysia, Singapore broke away in 1965 to become its own nation. It contains about 271 square miles over 63 island.
What was your score?
- Showtime for Home Sellers: Make Your House Shine with Staging
Staging can make your house look bigger and better through some carefully chosen decorations, upgrades and repairs. You can spend thousands of dollars hiring professional stagers. Or you can follow these tips to stage your home at little-to-no cost.
- Multiple-Choice Quiz: How well do you know British and American literature?
The following multiple-choice quiz tests your knowledge of British and American literature. Choose the correct answer for each question.
- Multiple-Choice Quiz: How well do you know animals (suitable for kids)?
The following multiple-choice quiz tests your animal knowledge with ten questions. Choose the correct answer for each question and then compare it with the list of answers after the test. A brief explanation as well as a relevant link is included wit
© 2012 Aurelio Locsin