Natural Bridge Caverns Pictures Discovery Tour- San Antonio, TX
Tour Tips of Natural Bridge Caverns Discovery Tour
The Discovery Tour is one of the tour you can take as an individual or a group at the Natural Bridge Caverns. The Discovery tour ticket is $17.95 for an adult and $9.95 for a child age 3-11. You can save $2 if you bring your Schlitterbahn wrist band it counts as a coupon. I have included pictures of this tour and here are a couple things to note if you are considering a trip:
- Tour is 3/4 of a mile long on a concrete path through the caves
- Strollers are permitted but will be difficult to push up and down the trail and stairs
- Consider physical limitations. The tour may be difficult for those with physical limitations or who have difficulty hiking or engaging in strenuous walking
- Benches are available for sitting at points along the trail
- The paved walkway is wet and slippery, wear rubber sole shoes
- The cave is 99% humidity and around 70 degrees
- Length of tour is 60-70 minutes
- Tour is self-guided and you do not have to follow with a group and tour guide
- Tour guides are stationed throughout the cave trail to talk about cave features and answer questions if you would like to stop and listen
- No food or drinks permitted
- DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING - the tour guides will explain that you will kill living formations with the oils from your skin.
The Natural Bridge of the Cavern SlideshowClick thumbnail to view full-size
Cavern Interior Cave Features Slideshow Part 1Click thumbnail to view full-size
Natural Bridge Cavern Tickets & Coupon
- Natural Bridge Caverns - Discount Coupons for San Antonio Attractions
Discount coupons for Natural Bridge Caverns in San Antonio.
- Discovery Tour | San Antonio Attractions | NBC
Natural Bridge Caverns, one of the popular attractions in Texas, presents the Discovery Tour as one of the family activities San Antonio offers.
- Prices & Hours | Attractions in Texas | NBC
As one of the most popular attractions in Texas, Natural Bridge Caverns offers multiple underground tours as fun things to do near San Antonio.
More Information and Additional Tours
There are multiple tours at the Natural Bridge Caverns and you can book a group tour in advance to go caving for a 3-4 hour trip through the caves. There is limited availability of these trips and requires physical abilities at the website. The Illusions tour is guided and includes steeper inclines and stairs. This tour is about 60-70 minutes in length and more information can be found at the website as well. Check out the links to find out more!
The Natural Bridge Caverns are exceptional and a wonder of nature. I would recommend taking a trip to this location to see one of the best Caverns in the country!
Photos are original content. Written permission required for use of content.
Cavern Interior Cave Features Slideshow Part 2Click thumbnail to view full-size
Caves and Hiking in Texas
- Texas - Photographic tour of the Caverns of Sonora
The location of this cave with its awe-inspiring and stunningly beautiful natural creations is in the southwestern part of Texas just eight miles west of Sonora.
- Texas Caves and Caverns
Pictures and information about 7 sites.
- San Antonio Texas official vacation and visitor information