New Trains Needed for the North Eastern Railway 2015-16
There is a high demand and urgent need for trains (and specific improvements to some) across the North Eastern Railway Zone in India. This zone is finding it difficult to transport others due to the lack of trains. Hopefully the Union Rail Minister of India will do something about this.
Below is a list of the train lines and work needed:
- Gorakhpur - Vasco Express (via MAU-ALD JBP-KYN)
- Gorakhpur - Puri Express (via MAU-BSB-MGS-TATA)
- Allahabad - Bangalore City Express (via ALD-NGP-MAS)
- Gorakhpur - Jaipur Express (via GD-LKO-CNB-AF)
- Allahabad City - Gorakhpur Intercity (via MUV-BTT)
- Mau Terminal - Chennai Central Exp (via BSB-ALD-NGP)
- Gorakhpur - New Delhi Doronto Exp.
- Varanasi City - Ernakulam (via ALD-ET-TPTY)
- Kanpur Anwar Ganj - Mumbai Central Exp. (via JHS-BZA)
- Mau Terminal - Mumbai Central Exp. (via BSB-ALD-JBP-ET)
- Chappra - Allahabad City Intercity (via BUI-GZP-ARJ)
- Varanasi - Madgaon Duronto Exp.
- New Delhi - Kanpur Shatabdi (this should be from Allahabad)
- Bhatni - Aunrihar (this section needs to be doubled, with electrification as well).
- The number of platforms should be increased at the Mau Coaching Terminal.