Pet Friendly Hotels St. Pete Beach: Travel with Pets to Clearwater Area Hotels in Florida
St. Pete-Clearwater, on the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, is home to some of the most highly acclaimed beaches in America. The eight barrier islands offer 35 miles of white sand beaches to play on, swim in or enjoy looking at because everyone loves a beaches and sea hotel holiday!
Travel with pets can present challenges, but pet-friendly accommodations can be found on this beach front haven. Information for this article was found on hotel websites and by calling the hotels to inquire about their policies. Hotel policies and prices can change without notice, so when making plans, call the hotels to make arrangements. The Don CeSar Beach Resort and sister property, the Beach House Suites of Don CeSar, requires an advance notice of at least 10 days to make arrangements. Some hotels, such as the Sheraton Sand Key, have designated areas, so there is limited number of pet friendly rooms. Reservations are recommended.
There may be restrictions regarding where dogs can be walked. Hotel staff should be able to advise you about area pet policies.
Following are Pet Friendly Hotels on the St. Pete Beach and Clearwater Beach in sunny Florida.
- Don CeSar Beach Resort, A Loews Hotel in St. Pete Beach, FL. The romantic candy pink palace on the beach is a historic Florida landmark. CeSar enjoys expansive views of the Gulf of Mexico. Amenities include two swimming pools, a pool deck, spa, fitness center and activities. "From Ice Cream to Caviar,", the Don CeSar offers dining experiences from casual to formal. Guests enjoy dining at The Maritana Grille, The Chef's Table, King Charles Brunch, Sea Porch Cafe an Beach Comber Grill. Pets are allowed, but advance arrangements are required. One pet per room allowed with flat fee of $25 per stay. Guests must provide certificate of health, via fax, from the veterinarian at least 10 days prior to stay. Contact the hotel for details. The grand Don CeSar is a AAA Four Diamond resort. 866-728-2206.
- Beach House Suites by the Don CeSar. Luxury resort on St. Pete's Beach is the more casual sister property to the historic Don CeSar. All Suites accommodations are just steps from the grand pink palace on the beach. Amenities include a heated swimming pool, cabanas, shuffleboard courts and more. Guests of the Beach House Suites are allowed full usage of all Don CeSar Beach Resort facilities. Pets under 25 pounds allowed with certificate of health from the veterinarian, which must be faxed to the hotel 10 days prior to arrival. Contact the hotel for details. 866-728-2206.
- Sheraton Sand Key Resort, Clearwater Beach. Beautiful resort situated on 10 acres of white sand beach, between Tampa Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Sheraton is next door to the scenic Sand Key Park and Preserve. The Suncoast Fitness Center is a a great place to exercise and/or to enjoy soothing spa treatments.The outdoor heated swimming pool and whirlpool is the place for poolside pleasure. Business center features high speed Internet and business equipment. The resort offers casual and fine dining, including: Rusty's, The Island Grill and the Poolside Cafe. Pets up to 40 pounds are allowed on the first floor only. AAA Four Diamond. 800-456-7263.
- Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. Situated just 200 feet from the beach, this resort is directly on the waters of Boca Ciega Bay.
- Bay Palm Resort. Resort is located on the Intracoastal Waterway, overlooking the bay. The boulevard is a fine mile stretch of white sand beaches, shops and restaurants. Tampa Bay and all it has to offer is nearby Pet-friendly resort. 727-360-7642.
- LaQuinta Inn Tampa Bay St Petersburg. Charming inn set in tropical vegetation features outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, free high speed internet, complimentary breakfast and more. Pets welcome. 727-527-8421.