- Travel and Places»
- Visiting Asia»
- Southeastern Asia
Philippines: A Paradise of Beaches
The Philippines is an archipelago made of 7107 islands. This pretty much translates to miles and miles of sandy beaches, many of them undiscovered or undeveloped for tourism purposes. The Philippine islands are divided into three geographical groups: Luzon in the north where Manila the capital is located, Visayas the middle islands and Mindanao in the south.
Located in southeast Asia, the Philippines also known as the Pearl of the Orient seas, has a tropical climate. Average yearly temperature is around 79.7 degree F (26.5 degree C). Beaches in the Philippines can have either white sand or black sand, black because of the volcanic nature of the islands. White sand beaches seem to be more popular and frequented more by tourists and locals alike. Needless to say, the dark sanded beaches offers its own charm and beauty.
A stretch of virgin beach, Oslob, Cebu in the Philippines
The total length of the coastline is 36,289 km. the Philippine coastline is irregular, with numerous bays, gulfs, and islets. This makes is the 5th longest coastline in the world! Breathtaking Philippine beaches can be found in almost any of its numerous islands. Here are some beach wonders according to its geographic island group location:
- Caramoan Island - Hosted Survivor France series in 2008. Its most known resort in Gota Beach Resort. It has two beaches along its coastline and are separated by a limestone hill. The sand is brownish gray in color, which comes from the erosion of sandstones.
- Catanduanes Island - Located south of Luzon is home to the famed Puraran Beach. It faces the Pacific ocean and is popular among Filipino surfers and surfers from around the world. The long barrel waves known as "the majestics" is what attracts surfers to this place.
- Mindoro - This Island is located southwest of Luzon. A municipality called Puerto Galera comes to mind when Mindoro is mentioned. Sabang Beach and White Beach are the most known beaches in Puerto Galera. Both have an active nightlife with numerous bars and restaurants. Both beaches also have an array of first-class and economy-class accommodations. Puerto Galera is said to be a scuba diver's paradise. It's waters are home to giant clams, dolphins and corals.
- Boracay Island - Perhaps the most popular and most commercialized island destination in the Philippines. Boracay has teo primary tourism beaches: White Beach and Bulabog Beach, located on each side of the island. It boasts powdery white sands, crystal clear blue waters and upbeat nightlife. Boracay is world famous and is almost always mentioned when talking about beach vacation getaways in the Philippines.
- Panglao Island - Fast becoming a popular beach destination. Perhaps its most known resort is Alona Beach Resort. Panglao also offers pristine white sands and some world class diving sites.
- Palawan Islands is a favorite tourist destination because of its natural wonders and hidden treasures underneath the sea. Among the many gorgeous beaches in Palawan, El Nido and Amanpulo are most notable.
- Dakak Park Beach Resort is the place to be if you like being close to nature yet be pampered by luxury at the same time.Nestled on the tip of Northern Zamboanga, Dakak faces the Sulu Sea in the west and is surrounded by mountains on its east side.
- The Pearl Farm Resort lies in a secluded island off the coast of Davao city. This 11-hectare spread was once a pearl farm, where white-lipped oysters, from the Sulu Sea, were cultivated for their pink, white and gold pearls.
- Siargao Island is the Surfing Capital of the Philippines, a tear-drop
shaped island situated in the
province of Surigao del Norte. It faces the Pacific Ocean and is nicknamed "Cloud 9" by local and international surfers.
There are many many more beautiful beaches in the Philippines that are not mentioned in this list. Suffice to say that the list is not ranked in any order, because it is just not right to do so. The places mentioned have their own websites as well as other promotions and are very well documented by many other people.