- Travel and Places»
- Travel Activities & Ideas
Planning Your Key West Vacation: The Sights and Sounds of Key West
Are you looking for a vacation full of sand, sun and fun? Then look no more! Key West is one of America’s most popular beach vacation destinations. You will find a variety of family activities, evening entertainment and plenty of water fun to excite every member of your group. To help in your Key West vacation itinerary planning, here are some ideas to get you started.
1. Key West Aquarium- A great place to learn about life under the sea; you can take a guided tour, see sharks being hand-fed, and examine live starfish, sea urchins, horseshoe crabs, and more at the touch tank.
2. Sunset Celebration at Mallory Pier- For carnival food, games and entertainers such as jugglers, sword swallowers, and magicians this is the place. Entertainment begins 2 hours before sunset and last until 2 hours past every evening.
3. Key West Marine Park- The waters here have been cordoned off for your snorkeling adventures. You can see an assortment of coral species and many types of tropical fish or relax on the beach watching the birds as you listen to sounds of the ocean.
4. Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center- Here you will see photos, movies, can use the touch screens and learn all about the coral reefs of the Atlantic.
5. Audubon House and Tropical Gardens- Once the home of Capitan John Geiger, the house is furnished with 18th and 19th century items. The house reminds one of Key West’s beginnings. You will also see many of Audubon’s original engravings.
Additional attractions to include based on your interest are: The Key West Nature Preserve, Fort Zachary Taylor State Park and Beach, the Historic Seaport District, the Hemmingway Home and Museum, the Harry S. Truman Little White Museum, Astro City or Bayview Park.
Key West truly is the ideal vacation location. So pack your bags, grab your beach towel and camera so you can get away from it all on your Key West vacation.