- Travel and Places
Reasons Why You Should Travel
Within the past 20 years of my life I have been able to visit 17 states and 8 countries. With many more years left for me to live, my goal is to visit all 50 states and as many countries as possible. There is nothing more exhilarating than exploring other countries, learning different languages, and eating unfamiliar foods.
1) Instant Eye Opener - You might arrive to a country one person, and leave the country a whole new person. Traveling is lead to believe that one can become more open-minded and well-rounded while being abroad. People tend to have a better outlook on life and think more positively once they return home.
2) New Friendships - Whether you are traveling alone or with a friend, you will meet new people along the way. Those people may become life-long friends, even from afar. They will be there to guide you in the right direction, they will tell you which foods are most popular and that you have to try them, and they will comfort you if you are feeling homesick. These new friends are people whom you will never forget, because they have created amazing memories with you that you will always remember and cherish.
3) Learn Something New - Every country is different. The people, the language, the culture, the architecture, the food, the history, the list goes on. You do not need to be bilingual in order to travel abroad. Knowing a few important phrases before going is key, but you will most definitely learn new words along the way. You will try new foods, hopefully enjoy them, and take home some recipes. History has been made in every country. Some might find history boring, but it is quite amazing to learn about the different castles and who lives/lived there, who fought who where and why, how long it took to build the cathedrals, etc.
4) A Break From Everyday Life - Everyone needs a break once a while. Whether it be in between semesters at school, the gap between graduation and job hunting, or after being fired from a job you hated anyway; traveling is the best way to escape reality.
5) Face Your Fears - Some might be terrified to do anything alone. Some might be scared of heights and will never hike one of the tallest mountains or go sky diving over the Grand Canyon. Some might be nervous or embarrassed to talk in another language to communicate. Some might be worried that they will get lost and will not know how to get back to their hotel. Some might feel all of the above, but they will face those fears and have the times of their lives and realize, “it wasn’t so bad after all!”
6) Create Memories - These memories will forever hold a special place in your heart, scrapbook, and wallet. Although traveling can be quite expensive, I promise you, it is worth it. You will be able to tell all of your friends back home, your co-workers, your family, and your pets all about your adventures, and hopefully encourage them to escape reality for a while, too. Many years down the road you will be able to tell your children and grandchildren about the places you have been, the cities you have seen, the people you have met. These memories will never fade.
7) Inspire Others to Travel - Your stories, photos, souvenirs, presents, etc. will most definitely encourage others to broaden their horizons and utilize their passports. The moment when Passport Control stamps your passport is one of the best moments ever. You might even change lives when you are abroad and might even motivate them to visit your home country. Traveling does nothing but create a positive impact on your life, and I highly recommend it.
Bojnice Castle - Slovakia
Predny Rokoš - Slovakia
Cannes - France
Budapest - Hungary
Nice - France
Prague - Czech Republic
© 2016 Rachel LaBrunda