Rocky Branch State Park: Outdoors Fun in Alabama
Rod and Reels on Amazon
Rocky Branch is Family Oriented
State Park Ranking
A Rockin' Good Time at Rocky Branch
1. Swimming: This area is designated for swimmers only this area is clearly marked by buoys so, that you don't swim out too far. The area slopes down so that women and men can take their young children out to wade into the water. A man-made sandy beach leads right out to the river. Don't forget to bring your floats, chairs, blankets and umbrellas. If you want to get away without breaking the bank and without having to go too far away, then this is a great place to go. We bring our beach towels, sun screen, beach chairs and make a day out of it. It is fun when the big boats come by making waves.
2. Camping: There is a place for campers whether you are in a tent or a camper. There are camper hookups for your convenience. For those of you who are on a tight budget or just love to camp, it is very cheap. Be sure that you bring everything necessary for your campground and get ready to enjoy the beautiful outdoors. Camping is a great way to get in touch with nature.
3. Fishing: This is a great place to sit back and try your luck at fishing. This is a most peaceful area. Sometimes when I am here, I wonder why the time passes by so fast. I have never tried fishing here because we are always swimming until recently that is.
Don't forget your fishing license or you will get a ticket, guaranteed.
4. Grilling Out: There is a designated area to grill. This spot is quite nice and it is under a pavilion so the picnic tables are not in the sun. There are also areas to grill where the grill is more freestanding. Depending on the amount of people that you have in your group, would help in making your decision on what size grill/picnic area that you will need. It would be fun to have a bunch of people and everyone bring your own meat and just make a day of this park. There are water fountains and bathrooms centrally located near the water.
5. Children's playground: This area would include the following: sea saws, swing sets, slides, swings, bathrooms and water fountains are located here in the area that is designated . This is a place where children can work off some of that extra energy. This is an area where moms and dads can watch their kids and relax with a book at the same time.
6. Boating: There are several boat launches and everything from speed boats to pontoons to wave runners and paddle boats. When you first launch your boat off, there is a ramp that the boats can be introduced into the water. The area is so beautiful, it is really nice to be able to get outdoors, in an area that is close to home and watch everyone enjoy the out doors with the family.
7. Hiking: There are trails for hikers, bicyclists, and people riding horses. Frisbee golf is located in and around the trails. The trails then turn into bicycle trails and horse trails. What ever you chose to do you can't wait to get on those trails.
8. Picnic: It is great fun to have a picnic here. The picnic tables are located around the park, they include running water, covered pavilion or a non-covered pavilion to eat at. This is a great place to get your family to meet you for birthday parties. Bring some pre-fixed sandwiches or meat and you can fix your own sandwiches. Grab a bucket of chicken and bring to the park as well. There's something about eating food at a park and just being outside and being with your family.
9. Fun in the sun: Several acres of white sand make up the front beach. This is truly a remarkable place. Layout in the sun to get a tan, swim in the water, or listen to your music while watching the volleyball game. Some people use head sets but, also some people have music blasting out for everyone else to enjoy. This is just a great place to take the family.
10. Volleyball/Badminton: The volleyball net has tires at the base of the net to help stay tight. The net stays up all year long. This is a great game to play as singles or as adults. Volleyball is more fun with at least four people on each team. If there is a complaint it is that so many people want to play and sometimes you have to wait your turn. The only that you need to bring, is your own volleyball.
Can You Swim underwater?
50 Feet Cliff Drop at The Rocky Branch River
Where Is It?
view quiz statistics
Travel and Vacation Hubs!
- 10 Fun Things To Do in The State of Minnesota
Whether it's a Vikings football game, The Minnesota Zoo or the Mall of America, their is never a shortage of places to go in this state. Videos and pictures highlight this traveling article.
- How to Have an Affordable Water Park Vacation
This article describes the proper way to go to a Water Park trip for cheap. Pack your own cooler, bring lunch and snacks and using coupons are some ways to keep the cost down on a vacation to the water park. Pictures, maps, you tube videos, ratings c
- How to Get Ready for a Weekend Camping Trip
This article contains ideas on how to prepare for a great camping trip. For example, when camping be sure to pack a cooler full of drinks. Pictures, you tube videos, commentary, a map and a poll are included in this hub. Links to other related hubs w
- Islands of Adventure: Orlando, Florida's Premier Amusement Park
This article documents Islands of Adventure Amusement park located in Orlando, Florida. The Incredible Hulk, Dueling Dragons and The Amazing Spiderman are featured in this blog. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary are also listed in
- Cocoa Beach Florida
This article focuses on CoCo Beach which is located between Orlando and Cape Canaveral, Florida. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed in this blog. The beaches are sandy white and the atmosphere is relaxed. Restaurants, so
- Desoto Caverns Park: The Real Bat Cave
This article is about Desoto Caverns state park located in Childersburg, Alabama. this park has a huge cave with stalagmites and stalagtites. The park has small rides and games as well as food, hiking and a gift shop. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube
Rocky Branch Trails
Alabama Lakes, Rivers and Oceans
Location of Rocky Branch State Park
© 2013 Buster Johnson