Shibuya Girls: A Street Fashion Photo Gallery
Shibuya is a neighborhood of Tokyo known for its famous crosswalk and fashionable shops targeting Tokyo's trendy youth. The people watching in this area is unlike that in any other place I have been. Now more than ever, the streets and alleyways are like runways- populated with well-heeled and immaculately styled shoppers, models, photographers, and shopkeepers.
On the last night of any stint abroad, I am always overtaken by feelings of nostalgia for the places I've visited. Typically, I end up returning to my favorite spot in a city or village, so on nights before I leave Tokyo, I almost always show up in Shibuya.
The last time in Shibuya, I camped out in one place and snapped away to my heart's content. Here's a look at the stylish guys and Shibuya girls I spotted!
Must-see spots in Shibuya
If you visit Shibuya, make sure you...
- Wander through Shibuya station - and visit RanKing RanQueen, a store where the top ranted products in the country are featured and sold
- Hang out Shibuya crossing right outside the station for some great people watching
- Go to Shibuya109 - a multilevel shopping complex filled with the most fascinating clothing stores I've ever seen
- Visit at night - the lights are magnificent
- Bring a camera... and if you're the fashion-loving type (and young and adventurous, clothing-wise) carry a full wallet!
Stylish Shibuya Girls & GuysClick thumbnail to view full-size
One of the most fashionable neighborhoods in the world!
I truly hope you'll have the opportunity to visit Shibuya someday. It's one of my favorite spots in the world!
If you have visited it, I would love to hear what your thoughts are on the shops, fashion, and architecture.
Also, are there other must-see places for major fashion fans? I know that Paris, Milan, and New York are major hot spots, but perhaps there are others I don't know about. Where have you spotted amazing outfits and super trendy shops?
Share your stories, insights, tips, and suggestions below in the comments! Travel, fashion, and people watching are some of my favorite pastimes, so I'm always interested in hearing what folks have to say about these things.
Safe travels, everyone!