Sightseeing In Toerwang Samerberg, Bavaria, Germany
It is almost a year now since I have visited Toerwang, in the district of Samerberg, Bavaria, Germany . Last year, I visited Toerwang with my two best friends Celia and Beth, who are living in Bavaria.
I was fascinated by the amazing beauty of this small village that I have to come back with my better half and again with my friend Beth, who invited us to be her guest in her wonderful, peaceful and friendly environment and was at the same time our tourist guide.
Toerwang is in the south of Germany. It is a small village in Samerberg where tourist from all over the world are visiting. They come by car, bus or even by bicycle.
It is on the viewpoint of Toerwang where I could see the panoramic view of Chiemsee and the north of the Alps. The view point has its own chapel. The chapel was hit by a thunderstorm on July 16, 1865 but luckily the statue of Virgin Mary was not destroyed.
Sitting on the bench on top of the hill at the chapel, I saw in front of me the still snowy north of the Alps. Looking down were the green trees, green grasses and wild flowers with yellow blossoms embracing the beauty of spring. Some hardcore cyclists were cycling on the narrow road, passing through where I sat, going up the mountain or just cycling to one of the empty beaches of Chiemsee. Some of the locals or maybe tourists were sunbathing on top of the hill. It was still spring, so there were not many tourists yet.
From the far distance, I could see the other villages of Chiemgau and the city of Rosenheim.
What You Can Do In Toerwang?
Things you can do in Toerwang:
- Sightseeing on top of the hill where you can see all the panoramic beauty of the Alps, the villages of Chiemgau and Chiemsee.
- Having picnic with your family or friends, with the amazing view you will never forget.
- Cycling around Toerwang and Chiemsee.
- Nordic Walking around Toerwang, Samerberg.
- Reading books or magazines by the sounds of the singing birds.
- Taking photos of the amazing paintings painted outside the walls of Bavarian houses.
- Enjoying the afternoon or evening with bavarian meals and beers outside the roofed restaurants or bistros.
- Attending a traditional bavarian attire music concert.
Visiting Toerwang was one of the best travels I have made in Bavaria. We were so lucky as the weather was very good. The balconies of the bavarian houses were not fully decorated yet with flowers as it was still spring. But then, it was still beautiful.
If you want to visit this place, I would suggest to be there in summer because you will be experiencing a more bavarian nature with all the flowers hanging on the balconies of the houses. Although, there will be more tourists then traveling with you.
Thanks for reading my article. I hope you enjoyed traveling with me. Special thanks to my friend Beth, who was so generous and hospitable to us and who was our travel guide on our whole holidays in Bavaria.
Sources: Flyers of Toerwang, Samerberg and Lauterbach, Bavaria Germany
- Munich The Fascinating City In Bavaria, Munich Part 3
This is Part 3 of my Munich hub travel. It is about the continuation of our sightseeing with the used of S-Bahn, U-Bahn, tram, bus, etc...
- Munich, The Fascinating City In Bavaria Germany Part 2
This is an article about my visit to the museums and my experience in having dinner in one of the oldest Bavarian restaurant in Munich.
- Munich, The Fascinating City In Bavaria, Germany
This is a travel hub about my visit in one of the fascinating cities in Germany. Munich is a must place to go when you are in Germany for it has a lot of beautiful places to see.
- Chiemsee, The Biggest And Beautiful Lake In Bavaria, Germany
Chiemsee is the biggest and beautiful lake in Bavaria. Herrenchiemsee Palace of King Ludwig II of Bavaria is situated in Herreninsel, the largest island in Chiemsee.
© 2012 Thelma Alberts