Southern Trip To Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Attractions in Gatlinburg
Have You Been?
Have you ever been to Gatlinburg, Tennessee
DollyWood Theme Park
Smokey Mountains in Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Ten Fun Things To Do in Gatlinburg
1. Cabins in The Mountains: The cabins in The Smokey Mountains are beautiful and usually they are situated up high where you can stare down at the black bears and amazing scenery. The cabin I stayed in had a hot tub outside built into the porch as well as a pool table inside the home. All kitchen supplies were also furnished. As far as the inside of the cabins go, they are fully furnished to make your trip easier. Most of the cabins have a hot tub inside but, a lot of them have a hot tub on the deck or patio area.
2. Gatlinburg Sky Lift: At it's highest peak this lift takes you 1,800 feet high so you will be looking down on The Smokey's! If your scared of heights this ride is probably not for you. It can be fun for sightseeing but, at the same time it can be romantic being with your partner in the buckets.I am a little afraid of heights myself but, the view from the Sky Lift is breathtaking.
3. USA Raft: White water rafting for beginners and experts is practiced here. The rafting takes place on the Pigeon Forge River and it is definitely a heart pumping experience to say the least. If you have not tried it then I recommend rafting at least one time. The rapids and the current can get dangerous but the guide will keep the raft in its designated areas. I personally am a little afraid so, this is not something that would try but, I do enjoy watching others do it.
4. Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort: This is not a normal ski resort. Not only is a huge but it has an amusement park along with the slopes. There are beginners slopes as well as advanced skiing for the pros. A nice restaurant and shopping are at the resort as well as some magnificent sights to see. The bar and club scene at the resort is top of the line.
5. Ripley's Haunted Adventure: The haunted house has haunts at every turn. In the hall there is a mirror but, when you look into it a ghost shows up behind your reflection. Intense to say the least. Lou screams and screeching noises feel the atmosphere which is smokey and dark to start with. If your a fan of haunted houses then you will love the unique frights at this place of the un-dead.
6. DollyWood Theme Park: Dolly Parton is the theme of this park and it has her music and personal touch is everywhere. The park has swings, roller coasters, tea cups and other amusement park rides. They occasionally host arts and craft shows and music festivals.
7. Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum: I have been to Believe It or Not in Orlando and in Gatlinburg and some things are the same but most of the items are different. When you first enter the museum the room appears to turn sideways and it will make you dizzy. It's an odd place but you can take pictures as you roam room to room.
8. Aquarium of The Smokies: This aquarium is much different than others. You can watch Penguins playing and stingrays in their natural environment. The Aquarium is a great place to educate yourself on the wonders of the sea. There is a tour guide but you can also break from the pack.
9. Wonder Works: This place is a novelty you do not want to miss. First of all when you enter all is upside down. The whole time. Their are over 125 hands on exhibits and most of the exhibits teach you something factual along the way. Odd facts and displays ate left and right some are funny and others are just plain weird.
10. RainForest Adventures Zoo: More than 600 live animals await you in this zoo. Many of the mammals and bugs found here are not found in most other zoo's in the Inited States. This zoo also has a train ride through the park and nice eateries.
The Smokey Mountains are the perfect place to relax. If you visit the park you will encounter black bears down below as well as a huge salamander class swimming below. Swimming, fishing, hiking and camping are the core fundamentals of a trip to The Great Smokey Mountains.
Cabins in The Mountains
Night Time In The City
Elks Plaza Shopping center- Live bands perform outside for free nearly every Friday and Saturday. The music includes rock, blues and country.
The Ship English Pub- Great selection of drinks and the music was just right. Dart boards, pool tables and a small dance floor in the corner.
Hard Rock Cafe- This is a large Hard Rock Cafe that hosts concerts with famous bands and locals alike. The cafe is decorated classic rock and roll music memorabilia.
Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg's Finest Restaurants
Mountain Lodge Restaurant
The Peddler Steakhouse
Bennett's Pit BBQ
Wild Plum Tea Room
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Craw daddy's Restaurant and Bar
The Melting Pot
Aquarium In Gatlinburg
My sister got married in 2002 in Gatlinburg, Tennessee and had an outdoor wedding. The background had water flowing behind them and mountains and woods in plain view.,It was breathtaking and unique, a sight to see for sure.
The reception was held indoors in a large room inside of the Chapel.
After eating cake and small snacks and refreshments we all toasted the new bride and groom.
RainForest Adventures Zoo
White Water Rafts
- Things To Do in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Virginia Beach, Virginia has 249 miles of ocean at your fingertips. Restaurants, clubs and laying out in the sun are some of the fun thing's to try while at this beautiful beach. Pics are here also.
- The State of Alabama: Facts and More
Alabama has a long history and it's full of things to do including the ocean at Gulf Shores, Alabama. Many famous Americans including Rosa Parks and Helen Keller were born in Bama.
- Things To Do In Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
This article documents my trip to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina including restaurants, gift shops and the night life scene. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary are also listed in this hub.
- Islands of Adventure: Orlando, Florida's Premier Amusement Park
This article documents Islands of Adventure Amusement park located in Orlando, Florida. The Incredible Hulk, Dueling Dragons and The Amazing Spiderman are featured in this blog. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary are also listed in
- Places to Visit in The State of Alabama
This is an additional hub highlighting some of the most interesting places in Alabama. Most of them can be visited for little to no money. I hope you find this hub interesting. Polls, commentary, pictures, you tube videos and a quiz are included in t
Attractions in Gatlinburg, Tennessee
© 2014 Buster Johnson