Splash Adventure Water Park in Bessemer, Alabama
Alabama's Ultimate Water Park
This park features concerts during the season such as the one performed by Raven Samone and Matchbox Twenty. These are a couple of concerts that have been to Alabama Adventure in the past. Each year the concert series tour features famous artists, the park really tries to get some big names in music to come and do outside concerts. Bleachers are set up around the stage.
There is also an arcade located in the water park with pinball and a lot of video games. The park has a basketball shootout, air hockey they also have an old timey photo where you can go while at the park, to make pictures. This is where you can dress up in old timey clothes and have your picture made in "old-fashioned" pictures. The photos will be in black and white. They have different types of old western and gangster clothing that you can change into.
The atmosphere is amazing and they also have a very large arcade full of games.
Water Rides and Beach
1. Wave Pool: Every ten minutes the buzzer sounds to let you know the waves are coming. The buzzer is great with squeals and screams that also will let you know when the waves are going to begin. The waves continue for four minute intervals. This is a very relaxing way to enjoy the pool. To me this pool is more enjoyable when the waves are active.
2. Black Tunnel Slides: There are four black tunnel water slides two of the water slides are half enclosed but, the other two you are in complete darkness and then you come out into the pool. These are fast and fun.
3. Bucket Splash: This bucket fills up with hundreds of gallons of water. Every so often, the bucket will tip over and the water will spill out onto who ever is down below. This is for the younger children. They can tell when the bucket is about to spill over onto them. They laugh and scream as the water splashes them on the head. They absolutely love it.
4. Upsurge: You ride a raft 200 feet down and fly back upwards on a half pike and finally you will shoot into a pool of water. You have the potential to get very soaked from this great family ride. As you go into the water, there is a waterfall, coming down on you.
5. Acapulco Drop: This ride is not for the faint of heart, This ride allows you to drop 9 stories straight down in a semi-enclosed tube. I hope that you are not faint at heart. If you are, this ride is more than likely not for you.
6. Wipe Out: Run through this rat maze type course but, be careful because water cannons will unload on you. This is a big surprise for you as well if you are not expecting the water.
7. Zip Line: You ride a zip line ten feet in the air then you fall into the water. This is very fun for the adventurous type.
8. Splash Down: You ride in a semi-enclosed tube over 200 feet and you reach a toilet bowl type spin and then finally you are dropped into the awaiting swimming pool at the bottom. It is like those l machines where you put your quarter in and it goes round and round and it finally drops into the bottom. You, however, will go round and round in the bowl and then drop into the water in the pool below.
9. The Lazy River Ride: It's a lazy watery tour of the water park. The water is three feet deep. You can float in the float or on top of the float. You can also kind of paddle your way down the lazy river or you can swim if you like. There's a waterfall awaiting you at one of the turns, to really give you a good soaking. This is a great way to just simply relax and there's no limit as to the amount of times that you can go around the lazy river. Be careful you may fall asleep and if the people you are with leave you, I guess you could float around the entire time.
Inner Tubes for Water Fun
Dining and Refreshments
1. Lemonade stands: Lemonade stands are located all over the park.
2. Frozen Alcohol fruit drinks: Alcoholic drinks are served near the Cabanas at the park.
3. Drink Machines: The drink machine area has misters to keep you from getting so hot during the summer.
4. Yogurt & Ice Cream: The yogurt and ice cream stands also have misters that spray you. The ice cream is provided by ColdStone Creamery.
Deep Water Slides
Have You Ever Been?
Have you ever been to a water park?
Location of Splash Adventure Water Park
Where is It?
view quiz statistics
Upsurge at Splash Adventure
Water Park Ranking
- Theatric History: The Historic Alabama Theatre
This travel hub describes the historic Alabama Theatre located in Birmingham, Alabama. It has hosted plays and films for over eighty years and counting. Pictures and videos accompany this blog.
- Dismal Canyons in Phil Campbell, Alabama
The Dismals are located in Phil Campbell, Alabama. The caverns features a bridge an waterfalls. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are also featured in this cave article.
- More Places to Visit in Alabama
This is an additional hub highlighting some of the most interesting places in Alabama. Most of them can be visited for little to no money. I hope you find this hub interesting. Polls, commentary, pictures, you tube videos and a quiz are included in t
- Stardome Comedy Club in Hoover, Alabama
This article is about the Stardome Comedy Club in Hoover, Alabama. This club features food, comedy and a bar. Some of the funniest comedians in history have performed here. Pictures, polls, you tube videos, maps and commentary are in this blog.
- Things To Do in Gulf Shores, Alabama
This vacation article describes Gulf Shores, Alabama. The beach, ocean, restaurants, night life, golf courses and deep sea fishing are documented in this hub. Pictures, polls, maps, a quiz, you tube videos and commentary are listed in this blog as we
- McWayne Center: Hands on Learning
This article is about the McWayne Center and I Max theater located in Birmingham, Alabama. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps and commentary are highlighted in this blog as well. Hands on science learning is what you get with a trip to the scienc
Splash Adventure Water Slide POV
© 2013 Buster Johnson