Tagaytay City, Amazing Tourists Attraction in the Philippines
Tagaytay City is an amazing tourists attraction in the Philippines. It is located in the province of Cavite. It is popular not only for the locals but also for the tourists who are travelling to the Philippines. Tagaytay City has a beautiful scenery overlooking Taal Volcano, one of the active volcanoes in the Philippines. It is located in the middle of Taal Lake which is a part of Batangas.
Tagaytay City has a cool climate specially on the highlands of Tagaytay. Some parts of the city are surrounded by hills and mountains with its beautifully restored natural resources. Tourism is their main industry as there are a lot of tourists who love to see Taal Volcano.
Flying To Manila With KLM
When I started my travel to my home country Philippines, I did not know or plan to visit Tagaytay. I flew with KLM from Düsseldorf, Germany to Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, Netherlands for 30 minutes where I had my connecting flight to Manila via Taipei, Taiwan. I had the same flight with my sister and her family that´s why I flew to Schiphol instead of flying direct to Manila from Germany.
Our flight took 14 hours and 30 minutes to Manila International Airport, excluded our almost one hour stay in Taipei Airport where we had to go down from the plane. We, the passengers were ushered to go to the check -in again ( we had done the same procedure in Schiphol airport) with our hand carry luggages that we had to bring with us from the plane. Laptop out of my bag, shoes off, belt off the trousers, etc....Some of the passengers who had bought nippers and some sharp manicure sets in Schiphol duty free shops had to surrender their things which they have not used yet, to the controller. They were of course angry.
For me, it was bullocks. Why did we have to be checked-in again when in fact it was already done in Schiphol airport where we started our long flight. Why didn´t we just have to be in a transit room where we could relax and wait for the cleaners to finish their job, who were tidying the plane and the tanks filled with kerosene?
After we were controlled, we had to pass through a long duty free shops with luxurious branded products for sale before we arrived at our boarding gate. Do you think we had the feeling to go shopping after our 12 1/2 hours flight to Taipei? No! Not at all.
Hand Carry Luggage
Hand Carry Luggage
Traveling with a hand carry luggage for a long flight travel to the Philippines is very practical. You can have your important things with you and extra clothing inside just in case your check-in luggage will not arrive with you at the same time. I have one like this and it is with me everywhere I travel. Very handy to pull.
Map of the Philippines
Start of a car drive to Tagaytay City, Cavite Province.
Tagaytay City is one of the tourists attractions in the Philippines.
Taal Volcano at Taal Lake is one of the active volcanoes in the Philippines.
How To Go To Tagaytay
Our first day in Manila was to visit our childhood friend in Cavite whom we had not seen for too long. This friend and her daughter brought us to Tagaytay to show us the most visited scenic view in their province. It was awesome! The first time I have come near to an active volcano. Terrific!
When you travel from abroad and land in Manila International Airport, just take your time and rest for a while until the next day, specially if you have jet lag and you´ll still have to acclimatize with the hot and humid weather and the chaos in Manilas´ traffic. When you are staying in a hotel who has a travel agency, you can rent a car from them or they will arrange something for your trip to Tagaytay.
From Manila, it will take more or less 2 hours to drive by car or by taxi to Tagaytay. It depends on the traffic jam you are in. You can also go to Tagaytay by bus if you want to but it will take more time than renting a car. As a tourist, I´ll prefer to rent a car with a driver. Driving in Manila is very dangerous if you are not used to Filipino ways of driving.
Map of the Philippines
Don´t forget to bring Philippines map with you when traveling to my home country Philippines. There you can see how long your travel will be and you can see other places which might interest you.
- Taal Lake is located in Batangas Province. It is where Taal Volcano is located. It´s a fresh water lake where the fishermen love to catch their fish.
- Taal Volcano is one of active volcanoes in the Philippines. From Tagaytay ridge, you can see the awesome natural beauty of this volcano. It is around 55 kilometers far from Manila city. It has erupted in 1977 and since then, it is said to be unrest. I just hope that it will never explode again.
What To See And Do In Tagaytay
- Sightseeing before or after dining at one of the restaurants like Pancake House or Chic Boy. There´s a view point behind the restaurants overlooking Taal Volcano at Taal Lake with lots of parked boats and the hills and the mountains of Tagaytay.
- Strolling with your good walking shoes around the Picnic Grove where you can have your picnic with your family or friends and enjoy horseback riding.
- Eco Adventure Trail starts at the Picnic Grove. Strolling down the stairs where you can every now and then take a view of Taal Lake and continue strolling on a wooden hanging bridge. Left and right sides of the bridge are tropical plants and wild flowers. From the bridge you can see a person hanging on a Zipline from the start to the finishing line.
- Zipline and Cable Car is one of the fun things you can do when you are not afraid of the heights. An adventure for the youths I would say.
- Or you can enjoy Fish Spa and Fish Pedicure. Dr. Fish Garra Rufa, a kind of fish which eats the dry skins of your feet by nibbling, licking and sucking. It´s a kind of exfoliation to your dry skin on your feet. Of course, there are more than 2 Garra Rufa fishes enjoying their meals.
- And The Highlands is the coolest place in Tagaytay. You have to be a member of this exclusive resort or a friend of a member to enter this place.
Our visit to Tagaytay City is a time to remember. It was a day full of memories as we don´t know for now when we will be meeting again with our childhood friend and her family. Maybe we see each other again when we are both grandmothers. I was just thinking who will be the first to be a granny. We´ll see. The future lies ahead of us and I hope we´ll still be healthy then.
Thanks for reading my article and please leave a comment.
© 2012 Thelma Alberts