- Travel and Places»
- Specialty Travel & Tours
The best top 10 hill stations in india-vagmon
Vagamon is a hill station located in the border of Idukki-kottayam border in the state of Kerala, India. Its about 1100 meters above sea level. Vagmon is also known as Scotland of Asia. The climate of Vagamon is between 11 and 24 degree Celsius. Vagamon is place with large varieties of flowers and orchids. The landscape is mostly hilly with green meadows. The cultural group includes Hindu, christian and Muslim. Thekkady, Idukki Kulamavu are the nearest tourist locations near Vagamon. Vagmon listed in the 50 places in the tourist map of India.
By road: 65 km from kottayam railway station and 86 km from Cochin international airport. kottayam is the nearest railway station and kochi is the nearest airport.
Tourist highlights in Vagamon :
- Vagamon meadows: This is a rolling green meadows where a lake in the center. It is one of the best location for movie shooting.
- Pine forest: A large forest of pine trees which are planted in rows.
- Kurisumala : Means mountain of holy cross . It is a famous pilgrimage in the hill top and it is very calm and spiritual delight. Travelers will enjoy this visit to this holy mountain.
- Thangal hill : This is a Muslim pilgrimage where a cave is there and kilometers to walk to this pilgrimage through forest. A suicide point is located here.
- Tea plantation: this is were, the tourist can buy tea and feel the scenic beauty in vagmon
Amenities of Vagamon :
- Rock climbing
- night walk
- nice stay at hotels
- delicious food
- heart breaking climate