- Travel and Places»
- Visiting Europe»
The Best Shopping Places in Paris: Fashion Boutiques and Shoe Shops
There's no better way to experience the French lifestyle than to shop where Parisians shop, after all, Paris is one of the top fashion capital of the world. If you're a fashionista looking for high fashion and designer labels, Paris is the place to go.
Whether you're looking to buy some prêt-à-porter (ready-to-wear) luxury fashion labels and shoes or will only be partaking in some lêche-vitrine (window licking) as the French call it, look no further than this guide to top multi-brand boutiques, shoe shops, and upscale department stores.
Shoe Shopping in Paris
Paris is like shoe paradise - there's even an entire street dedicated to shoes - Rue Meslay! Below are some of the top boutiques for high-end shoes in the City of Lights, romance and shopping.
- Where better to shop for an iconic pair of Christian Louboutins than the French designer's native city? Get yourself a pair of the signature red-lacquered soles or at least go check them out at one of the three boutiques in Paris. Store locations: 38 Rue Grenelle; 19 Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau; 68 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré
- A. Testoni is an Italian designer renowned for artisan footwear using only the finest Italian leather and fabric. You can check out the collection of men and ladies footwear, accessories, and leather goods at the Paris store. Store location: 15, rue Royale
- Get a sexy pair of Jimmy Choo sandals or stilettos at one of the five Jimmy Choo's boutiques in Paris. Store locations: 34 Avenue Montaigne; 376 Rue St-Honore; 40 Boulevard Haussmann (Galeries Lafayette); 64 Boulevard Haussmann (Printemps)
- Mario Raspini is a one-stop shop for a variety of different designer shoes. The boutique carries only the most upscale lines. Store location: 76 avenue Champs Elysées
- Avril Gau has launched her own label after over 20 years of designing shoes for the likes of Chanel and Stéphane Kélian. You can check our her creation at her Paris boutique. Store location: 17 rue des Quatres Vents
- Iris boutique has a fabulous collection of heels from designers such as John Galliano, Marc Jacobs, Véronique Branquinho and Viktor & Rolf. Store location: 28 rue de Grenelle
- For a pair of comfortable walking shoes as you walk from shop to shop, stop by Mephisto Shop, located at: 116 Avenue Gén Leclerc
Location of Upscale Shoe Shops in Paris
A collection of luxury shoe lines.
Best Boutiques to Go Shopping in Paris
The French know their boutiques. In fact boutique is actually a French word which means "shop". And where better to shop for clothing or accessories than the fashion capital of the world? There are some boutiques in Paris that are worth a visit on every trip to this fabulous city. Below is a list of those boutiques:
- Colette is arguably the coolest shop in Paris and no fashionista can miss it on a trip to Paris. The three-floor Parisian concept store's policy is, " always be new, fresh, surprising - and streets ahead of the rest", which they certainly deliver on. They are the place to go for everything fashion or lifestyle related carrying clothing shoes, and even art books and CDs, with brands ranging from Prada to edgy unknowns that you'll be happy to get to know. Downstairs there's a restaurant and water bar with where the waiter can give you a recommendation for which water goes best with your meal selection. Definitely worth trying out! Address: 213 Rue Saint-Honoré, 2ème Arrondissement Tel. number: +33 (0) 1 553 533 90 Hours: Monday - Saturday, 11am - 7pm Metro: Tuileries
- Merci is a boutique concept store that carries a fabulous mix of vintage and designer fashion items for men and women, as well as home furnishings, all in a very cozy atmosphere. On the second floor is a flower shop and a cafe with used books to read as you enjoy goodies at the cafe. Profits are donated to a charity benefits children in Madagascar. Address: 111 boulevard Beaumarchais, 3rd Arrondissement Tel. number: +33 (0) 1 42 77 00 33 Hours: Monday - Saturday, 10 am - 7 pm Metro: Saint-Sebastien Froissart
- Old English has been around for over 140 years, maintaining its reputation of high quality fashion items and products for the home from the United Kingdom. Address: 12 Boulevard des Capucines Tel. number: +33 (0) 1 47 42 81 99 Hours: Monday, 11 am - 7:30 pm; Tuesday - Saturday, 10:30 am - 7:30 pm Metro: Opera
- Talents is the place to go for arts and crafts including decorative objects, furnishings, lamps, and jewelry. Address: 1bis, rue Scribe Tel. number: +33 (0) 1 44 01 08 30 Metro: Monceau
- If you're looking for a boutique with a collection of international designers, then look no further than Montaigne Market. Address: 57 ave Montaigne Tel. number: +33 (0) 1 42 56 58 58
Locations of Multi-Brand Boutiques in Paris
Don't Forget to Bring Back Some Swanky Souveniers!
If you're looking for cute and trendy souvenirs, then stop by one of "I was In" store locations at the Arc de Triomphe, Notre-Dame, the Pantheon or the Espace Dali.
For some stationary or a postcard to mail back home, stop by Carre D'encre, located at 13bis rue des Mathurins.
If you're looking for luxury stationary goods using traditional techniques (founded in 1836!), then Stern Graveur is the place to go. You can even have business cards custom-made with a recommendation by a rep observing you and your handwriting. Located at 131 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.
Department Stores in Paris
- The iconic Galeries Lafayette department store is a must for any fashionista when in Paris. Located near the Opera Garnier, the department store carries the latest men and women's collections, as well as jewelry and accessories, home furnishings, and cosmetics. You can even indulge the foodie in you while here by stopping by Lafayette Gormet. Address: 40, Blvd. Haussmann, 9th Arrondissement Hours: 9:30 am to 7:30 pm; Thursday until 9 pm; closed on Sundays
- Le Bon Marché is another wonderful department store in Paris, which is sometimes referred to as one of the oldest department stores in the world (it was founded in 1852). It's smaller than Galeries Lafayette, carries much of the same designers, and is not as hectic. Address: 24 rue de Sevres Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 7 pm; Saturday, 9:30 am to 10 pm, Closed on Sunday
- Le Printemps is another well known department store but this one has many locations, even international ones. In the flagship location, there are three separate stores split into categories – Le Printemps de la Mode (women’s fashion), Le Printemps de l’Homme (men's fashion) and Le Printemps de la Beauté et Maison (beauty and home goods). Address: 64 bd Haussmann 9e Hours: Monday to Saturday, 9:35 am to 8pm Mon-Wed, Thursdays until 10 pm.