Desoto Caverns Park: The Real Bat Cave
Pictures of Desoto Caverns
Have you ever been?
Have you ever been to a cave?
Links To Parks in Alabama
- Visiting Spring Park in Tuscumbia, Alabama
This hub will give you a sneak peek to a very neat place to spend time with your family. In this hub you will find commentary, a poll, a quiz, pictures along with other facts and information.
- Rickwood Caverns State Park in Warrior, Alabama
This article focuses on Rick wood Caverns in Warrior, Alabama. The cave has a tour and there are many other attractions and adventures located at this cave sight. Pictures, maps, You tube videos, polls, a quiz, ratings capsule are found here.
- Oak Mountain State Park
This article is about Oak Mountain State Park located in Hoover, Alabama. It has swimming, fishing, boating, grilling, hiking, camping, paddle boats and much more. Pictures, polls, you tube videos, maps and commentary are also highlighted in this hub
- A Day at Vulcan Park in Birmingham, Alabama
This article focuses on Vulcan Park located in Birmingham, Alabama. It features a huge iron statue, an eating area and a fantastic view of the city from the top of the mountain. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps and commentary are all highlighte
- Rocky Branch State Park in Alabama
This travel hub describes Rocky Branch State Park which is located in Brookwood, Alabama. Swimming in the river, grilling out and playing at the park are all apart of the fun at this park.
Attractions at Desoto's
1. Gemstone Panning-A wonderful time to be had by any age group. There is a lot of fun to be had by all when panning for different gems. It is especially fun to watch the kids' faces light up as they find stones and want to know if they are valuable. The idea that you might find something valuable while having fun is cool. Panning for gold is just like the old prospectors used to do. The mining tables are over 20 feet long and they are covered with a thin roof while you are doing your panning.
2. Desoto's Lost Trail Maze-A giant maze with 3/4 acre maze with three towers. It's easy to get lost in this very neat maze. One or more wrong turns can make for a little bit of time getting out of the maze. One thing that keeps you encouraged is the fact that you can see the lookout towers. They rise above the maze. I think that this helps you to be able to reach the towers. When you get to the lookout tower, at each of the towers, you can climb the stairs up to the platform. This allows you to plan your next move and try to plan how to get out of the maze. Great fun!
3. Tubs of Fun-A ride that will truly make you dizzy. Be prepared because you will get soaked. This ride takes you in circles then reverses and takes you the opposite ways in circles. This is a truly relaxing ride. Be careful, you might go to sleep and end up under a waterfall. What a way to wake up.
4. Happy Hoops-10 Hoop course with a bonus ball to get into the basket. Fun for kids and adults alike. This basketball hoop looks like it would be easy to hit but, it hard to hit those baskets unless you can get into a rhythm.
5. Bow & Arrow Shoot-Great for practicing on your target practice whether you are alone or with a group. This is great for a father and son to do together. With a little practice, you can get really accurate.
6. Rock-n-Roll-Ride resembles a large hamster wheel. It plays music as you run on a treadmill type amusement ride.
7. Desoto's Cave Wall Climb-235 feet for your climbing pleasure.
8. Happy's Moon Walk-Aired up jumping area for the kids.
9. Spin & Tilt-You control the speed of the sphere shaped ride that you
10. Desoto's Par Express Train-Tour the park on the miniature train. Always a hit with the really small children.
11. Crystal Find-Search the sand for many crystals to put in your bag.
12. Potty Racers-The little guys can race around the track on a toilet
13. Wacky Water Golf-Two streams weave in and out every hole. Jumping your hole through the water, makes for a rather exciting game of golf.
14. Cannon Wars-You and a friend get to shoot nerf ball at each other.
15. Desoto's Disc Golf Course-A nine hole frisbee disc golf.
16. Desoto's Cave Crawl Bowl-See what you know about caves. The box turns and twists and takes you through 200 feet of cave crawling.
17. Happy's Pedal Go-Carts-Race your sibling or your parents around the track.
18. Bumper Cars-Race around the track in these classic cars.
19. Twin Spin-A G-force ride that seats 4 people. Pump up the handles to speed up your travel.
20. The Critter Corral (Seasonal)-Feed the animals. Watch them come across the bridge and climb for their food.
21. Squirt Gun Maze (water attraction)-Forma a team or go solo through the maze.
22. Water Balloon Battle (water attraction)-There's a Spanish Fort or Native American Teepee that give you shelter from your friends but, you better keep your eyes peeled for an incoming water balloon.
23. Paddle Boat (water attraction)-Children's bumper boats
24. Foam Falls (water attraction)-Foam filled pit that is always full of bubbles.
25. Happy Slip 'n Slide (water attraction)-Inflatable slip-n-slide for the kids to enjoy.
26. Wacky Water Roller (NEW) (water attraction)-Just like it says it's a life size roller that you can fit inside and you can roll across the water.
27. The Butterfly House (seasonal)-Hundreds of butterflies fly side to side as you walk through the beautifully landscaped sanctuary.
28. Bumper Cars-Bump your family out of the way with these bumper cars.
Rates, School Field Trips, Group Information
This Alabama Park is a great place to take children, adults and those of us who just feel young at heart. With more than plenty to do for even the biggest skeptic teenagers. Whether it be a church group trip, a school group trip or a seniors group, I would almost guarantee that everyone will leave happy.
Fun in The Caves
The caves are 60 degrees and that is a constant temp. There is a 100% humidity in the cave itself. Cameras are allowed along with video cameras in the caves.
The park has lots of woods and scenery to look at while on your trip.
There are picnic areas around the park to have a picnic lunch with your family.
Although you cannot eat, drink or take pictures from the cave you can still learn a lot from the tour guides who have a supreme knowledge of the caverns.
The Sights of Desoto Caverns
Where is it?
view quiz statistics
Desoto Caverns Video
Desoto Caverns in Alabama
Location of Desoto Caverns
© 2012 Buster Johnson