Things To Do in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Virginia Beach Facts
I have been to Virginia Beach numerous times and to me, it never gets old.
The Guinness Book of World Records lists Virginia Beach as the longest Pleasure Beach in the whole world. It is also home to three military bases in the city and the beach hosts the East Coast Surfing Championships each and every year.
There are 249 square miles of water in Virginia Beach and events ranging from musical concerts to sporting events occur in this city every year, right on the beach.
Virginia Beach's Pier
Have You Ever Been?
Have you ever been to Virginia Beach before?
Water Activities in Virginia Beach
1. Swimming/Beach: Virginia Beach has white, sandy beaches with minimal seaweed on the sand. It is a great place for swimming and laying out in the hot sun to get a tan.
2. Fishing: The pier is a great place to fish and also Virginia Beach offers deep sea fishing trips.
3. Snorkeling: Snorkeling is always a fun ocean activity and it is no different in Virginia Beach.
4. Glass Bottom Boat Tour: Boat tours with glass bottoms are a great way to see the bottom of the ocean in all it's beauty.
5. Parasailing: If you like thrilling adventures then try parasailing 30 feet above the ocean while being pulled by a boat.
6. Surfing: Surf is always up in Virginia Beach. Whether you surf or not you can watch the pros compete every year in tournaments.
7. Kayaking: Virginia Beach is famous for kayaking. Just be careful and use an instructor if you are inexperienced.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Packing For Virginia Beach
Night Life in Virginia Beach!
The following is a list of the best clubs and bars to go to in Virginia Beach.
1. Venue 112-This sports bar has live bands and a large dance floor to go with it's big screen televisions and sports themes.
2. Beach Club 2-This club is on the beach and it is an indoor and outdoor dance club that has musical guests throughout the summer.
3. Funny Bone Comedy Club-The Funny Bone has open mic amateur night and a steady stream of famous stand up comedians all the time.
4. Peabody's Nightclub-This club is located on the beach and has a D.J. every night during the summer and they play rock music and hip hop.
Ferris Wheel On The Beach
Fun Family Activities in Virginia Beach, Virginia
1. Grommet Island Beach Park-Grommet Island is a Kid's park located right on the actual beach. It has swings, slides and water rides as well.
2. Virginia Aquarium-The aquarium and museum is situated in over 800,000 gallons of salt water and fresh water.
3. The Boardwalk-The Boardwalk is three miles long and it is right past the sand of the beach. It has hotels, restaurants, bars, museums and even a few historic places.
4. First Landing State Park-This beautiful park has nearly 20 miles of hiking and bike trails. Also, fishing, swimming and camping is located here. Camp in tents or rent a cabin.
5. King Neptune Statue-Come see King Neptune, King of the Seas. This statue is 34 feet tall and it weighs over 12 total tons. Each year arts and crafts shows take place at what is called the Neptune Festival.
The Sun Setting in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Beach Towels on Amazon
Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach
1. Rudee's on The Inlet (Seafood): Rudee's gets high marks for having delicious seafood and a wide variety to choose from.
2. Aldo's Ristorante (Italian): This Italian restaurant offers nearly every Italian dish you can name at descent prices. The food is top notch and always hot.
3. Waterman's Surfside Grille (Seafood): Waterman's has great tasting food, good prices and excellent customer service. The only complaint is they do not offer enough choices.
4. Doc Taylor's American (American Grille): A great place to get hamburgers, sandwiches and salads. The service is great and the atmosphere is even better with television sets situated over the tables.
5. Black Angus (Steakhouse): Easily the best steak house in Virginia Beach and you can watch the cook's at work with their open kitchen.
Sports in Virginia Beach
Adult Sports Leagues
Youth Sports Leagues
Tour of Virginia Beach From Above
Special Events in Virginia Beach, Virginia
1. Latin Fiesta-This annual event has Latin music, Latin food and all kinds of traditional Latin flavor for all to enjoy.
2. Sk8er Bash-The skater bash is an annual skateboarding tournament that features the best professional skaters from around the globe performing amazing and dangerous tricks.
3. K-9 Karnival-Mount Trashmore Park hosts this day for dogs every year. Dogs and dog lovers are all invited. Toys, treats and other things dog's love are here.
4. Totally 80s Party-Mount Trashmore park is the site of this costume party. Dress up like it is the 1980s and party to all the 80s hair bands you can stand. It's fun and free to attend so be there or be square.
5. Santa's Old Fashion Craft Bazaar-The Kempsville Recreation Center has this event each year in December and it houses over 100 vendors selling Christmas crafts and collectibles.
The Bright Nights of Virginia Beach!
Final Thoughts on Virginia Beach
The best part of Virginia Beach, Virginia is the beach itself. It is always maintained with no debris and the beach is almost seaweed free. Also, the boardwalk is a major attraction that has many memorable places to visit.
Whether you like the beach or the night life you will be more than satisfied here. It always ranks as one of the top beaches in the United States because it stays clean and tourists attractions are left and right. Good advice if you want to save money on your hotel would be to get the hotels across the street from the beach or to get one just down the road from the beach because they are cheaper.
- Sea World Adventures
This article is about SeaWorld in Orlando, Florida. A water park, Dolphins and other sea creatures are documented in this Florida hub. Pictures, videos, polls, maps and commentary are listed in this blog as well.
- Top Amusement Parks in America
This article documents the best Amusement parks in the United States. Six Flags, Kings Island, Disneyland, Universal Studios and Cedar Point are highlighted in this hub along with you tube videos, pictures, a poll and quiz, maps and commentary.
- Alabama Day Trip: Noccalula Falls Park
In this article you will learn about Noccalula Falls Park which is located in Gadsden, Alabama. Pictures, You tube videos, maps and commentary are listed in this hub as well as other facts.
- Islands of Adventure: Orlando, Florida's Premier Amusement Park
This article documents Islands of Adventure Amusement park located in Orlando, Florida. The Incredible Hulk, Dueling Dragons and The Amazing Spiderman are featured in this blog. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary are also listed in
- Fun Things To Do in Panama City Beach, Florida
This vacation hub documents the many different thing's to do in Panama City Beach, Florida. Spinnaker's and Club Lavela are featured in this hub as well as information on the beach, fishing, glass bottom boat tours, diving and snorkeling. Pictures, v
© 2013 Buster Johnson