Attractions and Employment in Missouri Along Routes 40 and 66
An Abundance of Best Cities in America Are in Missouri
Missouri is home to at least four of the Best 100 Cities to Live in America.
This status was calculated according to recent business and economic analyses during from 2010m through 2018, and these cities have stayed on the Top 100 List for years.
Between the suburbs of St. Louis on the east and the suburbs of Kansas City on the west, approximately 200 miles of US Route 40 (America's National Road) and highway I-70 stretch between fast-growing metro satellite cities and through additional communities that offer scenic adventures and emerging economies as well.
Number 26 of the Best 100, O'Fallon MO is a growing St. Louis suburb named to the list by CNNMoney.com . Nearby is another St. Louis suburb, St. Peters in the Number 60 slot among 100 American cities that are worker- and family-friendly.
These cities offer jobs, housing that is more affordable than elsewhere in the US, effective school systems, top rate colleges, lower crime rates than elsewhere, increasing sustainability, and a number of other amenities and beneficial features. The Travel and Tourism Industry is also big in this St. Louis metropolitan area.
Missouri's National Road Corridor
O'Fallon supports the headquarters for many important corporations, like MasterCard Global Technology and Operations. At the same time, sustainability is a major development here, with at least 400 acres of parkland and green spaces present and improving.
While O'Fallon and St. Peters are near the hub of St. Louis, Money.com's Number 49 City, Blue Springs is near to both Independence and Kansas City MO. There, it offers much variety and travel interest for local residents and for Kansas City Missouri/Kansas commercial and vacation visitors.
Like many larger corridors in the US states, including the Ohio Space Corridor and the Southern States' Space Coast, the area between St. Louis and Kansas City presents residential/business growth and new economic potentials.
Blue Springs advertises low housing costs and lower property taxes than in other parts of the state and nation, with high-achieving schools that produce students in the top scoring percentiles of Math and Reading standardized tests. Related to this is the exciting news that the University of Missouri opened a Research Center here that will benefit from a number of funding streams long-term that will produce new products, services, and jobs.
Many of these elements will likely relate to sustainability, alternative energy, very hot new aerospace endeavors (public and private), bioengineering, and many health & medical services.
Nearby Blue Springs is Lee's Summit,also a Kansas City suburb that is among "fastest-growing" according to a number of popular business journals, and holding the Number 27 slot on Money's Best 100 Cities list.
Hot Suburbs of St Louis and Kansas City
Special Attractions in St. Peters and O'Fallon
- Fort Zumwalt Park is a National Historic Park in O'Fallon. built in the early1800s just after the infamous Louisiana Purchase (Jefferson's Folly) by and for the Zumwalt Family. This was accomplished after original settlement of a plot of land by an American Revolutionary War soldier's family in 1798. The War of 1812 broke out and the fort helped protect the family from invasions on all sides.
- Boeing: James S. McDonnell Prologue Room in St. Louis
Part of the NASA Commercial Crew, Boeing has its own museum. The history of The Boeing Company and the companies with which it shares a common heritage parallels the exciting history of humankind's endeavor to fly.
- Butterfly House
- The Historic Daniel Boone Home  | St Charles County, MO - Official Website
Step into history at The Historic Daniel Boone Home. The Boone Home is nestled upon the rolling hills of wine country and overlooks the Femme Osage Valley. This beautiful setting represents life in the early 1800s and brings the legacy of Daniel Boon
- First Missouri State Capitol State Historic Site | Missouri State Parks -- Department of Natural Resources, Information concerning state parks and state historic sites in Missouri.
- Renaud Spirit Center | Welcome
The Renaud Spirit Center (RSC) is the City of O'Fallon's 66,000 square-foot recreation facility in O'Fallon Sports Park. The RSC opened in October 2004. Enjoy extensive programming in aquatics, sports, fitness and wellness.
Major Hiring Employers: 25,000 Jobs
- Barnes-Jewish JC HealthCare
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Enterprise Medical
- Sears Holdings
- Saint Louis Bread Company
- McDonald's, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut
- The Home Depot, Family Dollar, Pet Smart, Target
- Robert Half International
- Mercy Med Center
- YMCA of Greater St. Louis
- Heartland Automotive Services, Inc.
Hot Jobs in St. Peters and O'Fallon
- Assistant Managers
- Registered Nurses (RNs) and Healthcare Support Staff
- Team Members and Shift Supervisors - Food service and other industries.
- Customer Service Reps
- Project Managers
- Administrative Assistants
- Physical Therapists
- Loan Processors
Additional High Demand Jobs for St. Louis Suburbs.
- Jani-King Franchises - requires investment.
- Business Analysts
- Family Practice Physicians
- Account Managers/Account Executives
Americana on the Road - Tourist Attractions Between St. Louis and Kansas City
Don't miss the dozens of Tourist Attractions between St. Louis and Kansas City along Route 40 and I-70. Some of the highlights you'll see at the link above on your trip are:
- World's Largest Set of Teeth - St. Louis
- Worlds Largest Underwear - St. Louis
- Museum of the Dog - West St. Louis
- Nostalgiaville - Kingdom City
- Madonna of the Trail - Lexington
- Harry S. Truman historic sites - Independence
- World's Largest Cap Gun - Kansas City
A 225-mile rails to trails bike/foot route (the Katy Trail) parallels US Route 40, too.
Part of the Katy Trail, 225 Miles Through Missouri Along Route 40
Attractions in Blue Springs and Lee's Summit
- Burr Oak Woods Nature Center
Adventures in Nature. Eye-popping art, photos and stories about Missouris coolest critters, niftiest natural places, liveliest outdoor activities and people who make a living from the wild.
- Downtown Lee's Summit Main Street, Inc. - Shopping and History
Downtown Lee's Summit Main Street, Inc. is a 501-C (3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to the betterment of Downtown Lee's Summit.
Job Surge Around Kansas City MO, 2010 - 2016
Largest Hiring Companies
- Employment Agencies and Temp Services
- Shawnee Mission Medical Center
- HCA - Healthcare
- Ajilon Professional Staffing
- All About Staffing
- Pizza Hut - Especially Managers, Crew/Team Members, Drivers
- Truman Medical Centers
- Children's Mercy Hospitals & Clinics
- RETAIL: Sears, Roebuck & Co., Blockbuster, Macy's
- Brookdale Senior Living
Top 10 Hot Jobs in Blue Springs
- Assistant Managers
- Administrative Assistants (AAs)
- Physical Therapists
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Occupational Therapists
- Delivery Drivers
- Customer Service Reps
- Java Developers
Additional High Demand Kansas City/Blue Springs Jobs
- Team Member - Casual and Fast Food dining.
- Restaurant General Managers
- Shift Managers
A large number of jobs available for Blue Springs residents are found in nearby Kansas City MO, Overland Park and Kansas City KS (see links below), Independence MO, Lenexa and Shawnee Mission KS, Lees Summit MO (see link below), and Blue Springs itself.
Greater Kansas City Area Attractions
Some popular attractions include:
- Kansas City skyline in both Missouri and Kansas;
- Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City Chiefs),
- J.C. Nichols Fountain and Giralda Tower,
- Kaufmann Stadium (Kansas City Royals),
- Liberty Memorial and National WWI Memorial,
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
Springfield and Jolly Mill or Jollification: I-44 and Route 66
Home of the Springfield Underground industrial park built in caves below the surface of the highway.
© 2010 Patty Inglish MS