Top 10 Tips for Travel Preparation
Why Ten Tips?
The number ten is easy to digest and doesn't take too long to read whilst on the go. Besides, they are a lot of fun and quick to remember! Some guides are longer with a top 30 or top 100, however this guide is geared towards travelers; naturally.
Before We Begin
I want to say that this is my personal opinion from experience with traveling and meeting others through my travels. You may or may not agree on all the tips and that's perfectly okay. This is to be used as a guide, not set in stone. The goal of this article is to gain different perspectives of others to see their point of view since travel covers such a broad range of topics and ideas.
Top 10 Trip Preparation Tips
- Account for Everyone
- Know Thyself and Thy Path
- Pack Efficiently
- Don't Forget the Tickets
- Research Everything
- Leave Early
- The Two Day Rule
- Be Wary of the Locals
- Have Fun
Let's Dig In
- Accommodate Everyone - unless you want to re-enact the Home Alone movies (I love them!). Just make sure if you do have a family as big as the McCallisters, you wake up early... really early.
- Know Thyself - if you want to make it to the airport in a reasonable time frame. Know your route, if you aren't familiar drive it ahead of time to get used to it...or just buy a tank.
- Pack Efficiently - this is crucial if you want to not go to the hospital on your vacation due to a herniated disc from a 45 ton suitcase. Just make sure the suitcase weighs less than the aircraft.
- Don't Forget the Tickets - I don't care if your son took your batteries for his Walkman, please for the sake of scrutiny and possibly never going on a trip again...glue the tickets to you.
- Research Everything - from where you are going to what you are eating in the trip. The last thing you want is food poisoning or end up being stranded because you didn't research the restaurant ahead of time or the travel guide told you to go find Waldo.
- Leave Early - enough so the dinosaurs got confused about what day it is. Okay, don't leave that early. Nobody likes traffic but sooner or later you will run out of gas.
- The Two Day Rule - is a brilliant way of making sure you'll never miss any action because you didn't plan enough. Always leave two days: one before the trip to prepare for any upcoming surprises and the other to "wind down".
- Budget - for the sake of your sanity. I don't think anyone wants to get to their destination and realize all the money was spent on the airport food. Seriously, start saving like gold is going out of style, you'll thank yourself later.
- Be Wary of Locals - who seem shady. You may not be familiar with the area so please use common sense when accepting help. If something doesn't feel right, don't do it.
- Have Fun - This is self explanatory! Enjoy your time with your family or if you are by yourself, enjoy the alone time. Some people have the most incredible experiences travelling.
The busiest airport in the world is the Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport!
Why is Travel So Popular?
One of the most popular reasons people love to travel is to learn. Whether that be a new language, a new culture, or learn about a special person in your life, travel makes all of this possible!
What is your favorite airport?
"Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else."
- Lawrence Block
30 Packing Tips from Buzfeed
Did You Know?
Benefits of travel are almost immediate. After only a day or two, 89% of people experience significant drops in stress.
So that's it for this article! This is my first article with Hub Pages so if you want me to write more articles like this, please reach out. Let us know what your travel tips are in the comments and as always if you found this article helpful and informative, share it with the world. I had a blast writing this article and I hope you have just as much reading it. Stay safe and happy travels!
© 2017 Levi Perry