- Travel and Places»
- Visiting North America»
- United States
Top 10 Tourist Attractions In The United States
The United States has many places to visit and see, whether you're looking for a few weeks away, or just a long weekend. These top tourist attractions in USA offer some of the best and most diverse places in the states. The next time you're looking for a domestic vacation, try visiting one of these top 10 tourist attractions places in USA.
1. The White House. Washington D.C: as the nation's capital has a huge range of activities that are perfect for a traveler interested in a great trip. The White House can actually be seen by setting up a tour ahead of time, so make plans ahead if you're interested in seeing this spot. There are also the Smithsonian museums which offer tourists the chance to experience the history and culture of the United States as well as some of the famed dinosaur skeletons and nature exhibits. Check out some of the monuments to past presidents and make sure to visit the capital building as well.
2. Navy Pier: Chicago has always been known as the "second city" due to its popularity when compared to NYC. However, this Midwestern city has become popular in recent years, especially with the election of President Obama who calls it home. The variety of museums and attractions in Chicago truly make it a great place to visit though. Check out the Trump Tower to get a great view of the skyline or visit Navy Pier and enjoy the Shakespeare Theater for a truly excellent show. No trip to Chicago is complete without the city's namesake dish though, the deep-dish pizza. Spend an evening at Giovanni's and try one of their signature pies for a culinary delight.
3. The Grand Canyon: Possibly one of the most spectacular sites in the United States, this geological wonder stretches over 200 miles. The deep ravine was carved out by the Colorado river over the period of thousands of years. Located in Arizona, this is one of the most popular National Parks in the United States and has a variety of activities for visitors to the area. If you're feeling adventurous you may want to hike to the bottom or take a mule ride. The orange color of the canyon walls makes it a beautiful site in the sunset and sunrise, so stay around the canyon's edge and enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
4. Miami Beaches: Florida is known as the Sunshine State and it's not hard to see why. If you're interested in white sand beaches, try visiting Miami, it's capital city. Miami not only boasts lovely beaches that are perfect for tourists, it also has family friendly attractions and a Latino culture and style that are always fun to experience. Go off the beaten path and enjoy some of the traditional Latino cuisine at one of the small restaurants. You may also want to travel down to the Everglades and enjoy the wildlife there. You won't run out of things to do in Florida and its mild temperatures make it a great destination year-round.
5. New Orleans: This French city is all about its roots, festivals, and easy-going attitude. One of the most unusual tourist destinations in the United States, you'll probably feel like you're in a different country entirely when you visit this city. While Mardi Gras is always a fun party, you may want to skip this festival in favor of the Jazz Fest, one of the world's most famous gatherings of jazz musicians. Creole cuisine rounds out your trip and you can spend days traveling through the city, enjoying the art, music, and architecture of the city. Give yourself plenty of time to sink into the unhurried pace of New Orleans.
6. Downtown Manhattan: While you should prepare yourself for crowded streets and a busy trip, New York City is a truly remarkable place. Manhattan in particular, as one of the five boroughs, is what most people think of when they visit the city. It has the amazing skyline and has been featured on screen thousands of times. Walk through the city, enjoying the skyscrapers, see a Broadway show, stroll through Central Park, or visit one of the famous museums. Or, for a non-traditional experience, try visiting DUMBO, and check out the artsy, underground culture that exists in NYC.
7. The Golden Gate Bridge: California is an amazing place no matter where you decide to go, but San Francisco has a unique culture and atmosphere that draws people from around the world. The Golden Gate Bridge, one of the most famous suspension bridges in the world, is a truly amazing site and has become a symbol of California. You may also want to check out Chinatown, ride in a trolley car, or sample some of the amazing cuisine in the area. This diverse city is full of hills, so no matter where you end up, make sure you have your walking shoes on!
8. Denali National Park: The Denali National Park and Preserve is in the interior part of Alaska and contains Mount McKinley, the highest mountain in North America. When you visit this exotic location, you can get in some great hiking and sight-seeing. You may also want to check out the nature preserve that contains grizzly bears, moose, wolves, caribou, and many other wild animals. It's an amazing site to see and you'll be reliving your trip long after you leave. Make sure to wear warm clothes and always follow the guide in order to stay safe in this National Park.
9. The MGM Grand: Known as a gambling mecca, Las Vegas is in the middle of Southern Nevada. The main strip contains the majority of the casinos, decorated with lavish care and attention to detail. You may also want to check out some of the famous performers who call it home. Dress to impress and go to one of the famous restaurants in the area. You may feel as though you're living a dream due to the surreal nature of Las Vegas, but visiting here is a memorable experience. Try a weekend and make time to see all the sites and sounds in the area.
10. Kilauea Active Volcano: Although Hawaii is in the United States, it's probably the most exotic location named here. While you may find it more difficult to reach than other spots in the USA, it's well worth the trip. The islands are known for their beautiful beaches and variety of activities. One of the top spots to visit is Kilauea, a volcano responsible for creating the Hawaiian Archipelago. It's a low, flat volcano, much different than the high peaks of most volcanoes. This is actually the most active volcano on earth and it has erupted 33 times since 1952. Eruptions are ongoing and tourists can hire private planes to get an insider's look at this amazing site.
These are some of the best tourist attractions in the USA. If you're interested in a truly memorable vacation, try one of these top spots. These USA tourist attractions offer a huge range of activities for each person or family to have a wonderful time.