- Travel and Places»
- Visiting North America»
- United States»
Peachtree City, Golf Cart Capital of the World
A community where there as many golf carts as cars on the roads, Peachtree City is 30 miles southwest of Atlanta and Number Nine on Money Magazine's list of Best Places to Live in America.
One of the reasons for this is the city's commitment to alternative energy. Another reason is that the number of jobs available increased 61% from 2008 - 2009 alone. Listed job openings increased further to over 77,000 by the end of 2015..
Peachtree City is one of the youngest planned cities in Georgia, founded in 1959 and located at the intersection of Georgia State Routes 54 and 74. It was originally developed into four independent villages, with different shopping centers, rec centers, parks, and schools.
Street Legal Fifteen-Year-Olds
Fifteen-year-olds in Peachtree City with legal automobile learner’s permits can operate golf carts alone and drive them to school.
The open space and recreation system of Peachtree City is well known, because it offers several high-quality golf courses and a unique system of golf cart paths that enable people to get to any point in the city. In fact, an electric golf cart is the extra set of wheels for the majority of households in town.
The local police department operates a golf cart fleet as well. Not only that, but kids ages 12 and older can drive them legally with a parent up front to supervise. Fifteen-year-olds with legal auto driving learner’s permit can operate them alone and many drive them to school.
Peachtree City has also been named one of the Best Places to Retire in America and the numerous golf courses locally have been part of the draw for retirees. The nearly 100 miles of golf cart paths make transportation easy for senior citizens as well.
Peachtree Golf Cart iPhone App
Golf Cart Capital of the World
A Typical Daily Commute
Local Golf and Country Clubs
Increasing Jobs on the Market
This metro area southwest of Atlanta consistently offers over 50,000 job listings.
Best High Demand Jobs
- IT Project Managers
- Emory Medical Center and University jobs
- Retail Salespeople; Sales Reps, and Merchandisers
- Business Analysts
- Assistant Professors - Health-related courses at Emory University
- Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants
- Research Specialists and Supervisors
- Assistant Store Managers
- Physicians - Emory University and other facilities
- Applications Developers/Analysts
- Assistant Professors - IT and mathematics
Top Job Listers
- Emory University
- Emory Healthcare
- Taco Bell, McDonald's, and Pizza Hut/YUM! Brands - Food service/casual dining
- Kennestone Hospital
- CVS Health and Pharmacy
- Advance Auto Parts
- Comcast Cable Southern Division
- DeKalb Medical Center
- Newton Medical Center
- Grady Health System
This Is Emory
Emory University - Best Places to Work
This school is located 35 miles northeast of Peachtree City in the Atlanta suburb called Druid Hills.
The Scientist magazine has named Emory the 5th Best Place to Work in Aacademia in the USA, among 15 top academic employers in the country. Medical College of Georgia in Atlanta ranks 14th, giving Georgia and the Greater Atlanta Metro Area double recognition:
- Princeton University, NJ
- University of California, San Francisco, CA
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- J. David Gladstone Institutes, San Francisco, CA
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, WA
- The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, OK
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, NY
- Trudeau Institute, Saranac Lake, NY
- University of Pittsburgh, PA
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA
- Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NYC
Best Retail Careers
What Is Merchandising?
Within the city of Peachtree City, the major company advertising for workers is National In-Store at http://www.us.cpm-int.com/ .
This organization hires contract merchandisers to work at a variety of retail companies. Another company advertising for merchandisers in the area is Hershey Company.
Employment Trends to 2024
Employment Projections to 2024
The jobs expected to provide the most openings are listed bellow. Entries in bold print indicate jobs already in high demand and posted frequently on Internet job search and trending sites.
- Customer Service Representatives
- Waitstaff: Waiters and Waitresses
- Retail Salespersons
- Combined Food Prep/Service
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Manual Laborers and Freight Handlers
- Office Clerks
- General/Operations Managers
- Janitors and Cleaners, except Housekeepers
- Management Analysts
- Executive Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Mainstream Elementary School Teachers
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
Fastest Growing Jobs by Percentage Increase
- Dental Lab Technicians
- Telecommunications Equipment Installers/Repairers
- Marriage/Family Therapists
- Biomedical Engineers
- Elevator Installers and Repairers
- Cardiovascular Techs
- Respiratory Therapists
- Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts
- Surgical Technologists
- Radiation Therapists
- Postsecondary Teachers (college level)
- Industrial Engineers
- Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary - College Level IT
- Personal/Home Care/Home Health Aides
Higher Education and Training
Higher Education Near Peachtree City
Kroger School of Cooking: -- Self improvement classes in culinary arts.
- 12460 Crabapple Road; Alpharetta, GA 30004
- 1101 N Peachtree Pkwy, Peachtree City, GA - (770) 486-7208
A range of individual classes, culinary camps, parent/child classes, and ither training is offered within the Crabapple Road Kroger in Alphretta, just north of Atlanta and in Peachtree City Qualified chefs came from the premier restaurants in the Greater Atlanta Area. International Cuisines are popular, as are Birthday Parties and classes for up to 36 people.
Colleges and Universities
- Atlanta Christian College - in Peachtree City
- Art Institute of Atlanta
- Brenau University in South Atlanta
- Brewton-Parker College
- Clayton State University and Clayton State University at Fayette
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Griffin Technical College
- Immanuel Baptist Seminary
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts - Atlanta
- University of Georgia Marine Extension
- University of West Georgia
- Many additional schools are available within a short distance of Atlanta, Georgia.
Sports and Recreation
© 2009 Patty Inglish