Main Attractions of Bangkok-Pattaya Tour
Bangkok and Pattaya Tour: Never Miss It
Everybody in the world, if possible, should at least once in a life-time visit Bangkok and Pattaya. Bangkok and Pattaya have fun galore and these places will never let you down. The tour is one of a kind. It is a heady cocktail of a beach vacation, architectural tour, shopping holiday and lots and lots of excitement. So, you see why this Bangkok and Pattaya Tour should never be given a miss! Next time you plan your holiday you can consider this tour. I vouch that you will never be disappointed of your choice.
Your Tour Guide
Thailand is a tourism based country. The country's majority of the economy thrives from tourism. There are solid reasons behind this. The country is exquisitely beautiful. From breathtakingly beautiful beaches of Phuket, Krabi and Ko Samui, to the architectural and religious past of Chiang Mai and Ayutthaya, to becoming the heart of the full moon party at Koh Phagnan, the country has it all.
Such a huge tour cannot be easily completed all at once. The time becomes a constrain as well as budget. Then what can we do? Won't you think it would be easy enough to go on a budget tour that would get hold of the quintessence of Thailand?
Well Bangok and Pattaya Tour will be the ideal tour that can give you a glimpse of the actual beauty of Thailand that too in a very short time in a shoe-string budget.
Still a problem crops up every time you try to plan your tour. Bangkok and Pattaya both have lots of attractions for the tourists. Such are their numbers that tourists are usually left confused about choosing the right attractions. Most of the the time these poor souls are guided by travel agencies. These agencies mostly mislead them and the tourists end up missing a lot of important attractions. Here we have to keep in mind that all attractions in Bangkok and Pattaya are not worth your penny. Some are really good while many of them are complete ripoffs. So you see you need a right navigator who will guide you and tell you about the top priorities of this tour. This article will help you to tour Bangkok and Pattaya. It will educate you about all the major sights and attractions of this tour that should never be given a miss.
Understanding Bangkok and Pattaya
Bangkok: It is one of the most cosmopolitan city of Southeast Asia. Bangkok makes me remind of magnificent temples, beautiful canals and crazy nightlife. It is a huge city which once used to be a meagre trading post. Its transformation into a cultural, diplomatic, commercial as well as political capital of Thailand was indeed quite phenomenal in itself. Now Bangkok has transformed from a quaint water-front village into a massive concrete jungle with high-rises, flyovers, malls and heavy traffic jams.
Climate- Bangkok is very near the Equator (only 14 degrees North) so it is sunny all year round. Bangkok enjoys a typical tropical climate. March, April and May are the hottest months. The sun can be blazing hot during this time so it is advisable not to visit during these months. Monsoon comes after that. September-October experiences maximum downpour sometimes even causing flooding problems. The best months to visit Bangkok is from November to February. Temperature is relatively on the cooler side and there are occasional cool breezes.
Reaching Bangkok- It has two international airports Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang. Planes from all parts of the world land in these airports. Both the airports have numerous facilities with Suvarnabhumi airport being the better among the two. Still many flights do not land in Suvarnabhumi airport like the Nok Air, Air Asia and Orient Thai. Both these airports are almost 30 kilometers away from the main city of Bangkok so it requires a long ride to reach the heart of the city from any of these airports.
Accommodation, Cuisine and Culture- Bangkok has some of the world's renowned chain of hotels for quality accommodation like the Novotel, Holiday Inn, Ambassador Hotel, Le Fenix Sukhumbhit, Grand Hyatt Erawan and Aracadia Suites. Remember good accommodation is available in Siam Square and Sukhumbhit area. All types of cuisines are available in the city from authentic Thai foods, to cheap street foods, to Indian, as well as American and Tex-Mex. The city experiences are cultural mix. From saffron clothed monks to hip, modern, and well educated professionals; from dark skinned bar girls to braided hair vagabonds. It is a vast city where all sorts of people cohabit together.
Pattaya: This famous seaside resort is just 150 kilometers away from Bangkok. Due to its proximity to the capital of the country as well as being a beautiful beach destination made it very popular among travelers from all around the globe. Pattaya is also very infamous for its wicked nightlife which attracts revelers from near and far.
Climate- The climate of Pattaya is very much similar to Bangkok.
Reaching Pattaya- Pattaya is easily reached from Bangkok by car or by bus within two hours. Also there is a good train service from Bangkok to Pattaya. Pattaya also has a small airport of its own which has flights to and from Phuket and Ko Samui.
Accommodation, Cuisine and Culture- It is a renowned tourist spot hence it has numerous accommodation facilities for all budgets. Some hotels of well repute are Citin Loft Pattaya, Green Park Pattaya, Best Western Pattaya, Pattaya Marriott Resort and Spa and Sheraton Pattaya Resort. Just like Bangkok you can have all sorts of food in Pataya. Starting from fried insects to American hamburgers. Pattaya also has a huge sex industry which sometimes turns this idyllic seaside resort into a notorious place. Right now local authorities are working hard to carb on its booming sex industry, making it once more a family friendly tourist spot.
An Ideal 5 Days and 4 Nights Bangkok-Pattaya Itinerary
- DAY 1- (Bangkok->Pattaya) Arrive in Bangkok. Waste no more time here and head straight to Pattaya. You can easily book a cab from beforehand (you will be saved from the hassle of finding one later on). The driver will wait for you in the airport. Once you are seated in the cab it will take about 2 hours to reach Pattaya. Check in your hotel (**here you should be careful to book your hotels in advance, Hotel.com or Agoda.com are some of the best sites that give you quality hotels at competitive prices)
- DAY 2- (Pattaya) Today morning you are ready to visit Coral Island. You can book this trip from beforehand or you can book it from your hotel. If you book this trip from beforehand they will come to pick you up from your hotel early in the morning. You will start your journey on sea by speedboats. There will be stopovers where you can do parasailing or sea walking. Also they will make you see beautiful corals under sea through glass-bottom boats. Finally you will be taken to Koh Larn better known as Coral Island. Apart from swimming there are numerous activities like riding a water scooter or a banana boat. You can also spend time in one of the loungers, lazing and seeping coconut water. The water in the beach is crystal clear and light blue in color. Enjoy your time watching people buzzing around. This place is always busy. When you are done you can return back to Pattaya. There you can have your lunch. Book yourself in the evening with spectacular Alcazar Show where ladyboys will mesmerize you by their grace, beauty and dance. You will be transported to a world of glamour and oomph. Next if you desire you can end your night by talking a stroll in the infamous Walking Street. It is an experience in itself which will showcase in front of you the naughty nightlife of Pattaya city. You may also take a walk on the beautifully decorated promenade of the Pattaya beach. There are many options of dinner ranging from street food to restaurant style dining options. Have your dinner and return back to your hotel. After an eventful day you all you need is a good night's sleep.
- DAY 3- (Pattaya->Bangkok) On day 3rd you will return back to Bangkok in the morning. Check in your hotel and embark on the spiritual journey of temple tour of Bangkok. The magnificent Buddhist temples of Bangkok are sure to make you awestruck. A must visit should be made to the Wat Traimit, Lord Buddha here is of solid gold and weighs just 5.5 ton! Also visit the beautiful Wat Pho, the temple of the largest reclining Buddha in the world. The imposing length of Lord Buddha makes us realize how small and insignificant we are in front of him. Next you can drop by Siam Paragon Mall where you can visit the Siam Ocean World, one of the largest aquarium of South East Asia. This mall also homes Madame Tussauds. Get yourselves photographed with life-like wax figurines of celebrities like Michael Jackson, David Beckham, Beyonce Knowles, Ketty Perry and Brad Pitt. You can have your lunch here. Finally if you are interested into buying some electronics gadgets, visit MBK Mall that has the coolest price on all electronic gadgets. (**Bangkok is the hub of tax-free shopping so buying electronics or branded garments can really be a cheap affair here) Before you return back to your hotel in the evening do not forget to take the famous Thai massage. It will definitely de-stress and rejuvenate you after your hectic schedule.
- DAY 4- (Bangkok) Your children will definitely love you more after this day. From the morning embark on an exciting tour of the Safari World and Marine Park, the largest open air zoo of South East Asia. Several kinds of animals like the orangoutangs, dolphins and various other exotic animals are found here in a picturesque African setting. You can meet them, greet them and sometimes even feed them and have a photo or two with them to take back home for your sweet memories. In the evening you can book a Chao Phraya Dinner Cruise Tour. The cruise will meander through the Chao Phraya river and will give you an opportunity to get a glimpse of the beauty of an illuminated Bangkok in the evening. The temples, the skyscrapers, the over-bridges all will appear to be decked up like a new bride just for you. Along with your visual treat, enjoy a lavish spread and beautiful music that will end your vacation on a happy note.
- DAY 5- (Bangkok->Sweet Home) As all good things must come to an end, today is the day to bid adieu to the ever hospitable city, check out from your hotel in the morning and board on a return flight to your home with lovely memories of your vacation.
My Bangkok-Pattaya Tour Through My Lens
Have you visited Bangkok-Pattaya?
Inside My Suitcase
Upper Garments/ Apparels
T-Shirts, Hawaiian Shirts
Tank Tops, Sundress, Light Cotton Dress
Mini Skirts, Shorts
Want To Visit Phuket?
- Phuket Tour: Honeymoon Travel Guide
Ko Phuket, in Thailand is an amazingly dream destination for lovers, young and old who love sun, sand and the sea. So pack your bags, book your tickets and on your mark, get set, go for Phuket!
A Beautiful Video That Will Say It All
© 2014 Deblina Banerjee