Top Five Beaches in Traverse City Michigan
Traverse city is proud to be America's cherry capital. It celebrates that heritage every year during the week of july with an eight day party featuring over 150 family activities including fireworks, air shows, games, parades, races, rides, outdoor concerts and lots of chances to taste delicious cherry products. Festivals, cherries and lots of outdoor sports make traverse city a great place to visit. At other times when the festival is not going on, there are still plenty of things to do in traverse city. Grand traverse bay provides an excellent location for swimming, boating, fishing, and sail boarding. Here are some of the top five beaches in traverse city Michigan.
Top five beaches in Traverse city Michigan
1. Sleeping bear dunes national park: Sleeping bear dunes national lakeshore is one of America’s most distinct and treasured natural monuments. Sleeping bear dunes national park is located along the northwest coast of the lower peninsula of Michigan. The park covers a 35 mile area of Lake Michigan's eastern coastline, as well as north and south manitou islands. The park offers a variety of activities including climbing the dunes, swimming, canoeing and hiking along the shoreline.
At the sleeping bear dunes national lakeshore, you’ll find sand dunes that tower 460 feet above lake Michigan. Hills and forests blanketed in trillium flowers, pine, beech and maple trees. There are more than 100 miles of designated hiking trails, sleeping bear dunes is a woodman's wonderland. There are 13 marked paths on the mainland alone (two islands, north manitou and south manitou, are also included in the park property) that wind through forests, shoreline, and dunes.
2. Clinch park beach: Clinch park has over 1500 feet of sand along west grand traverse bay in downtown traverse city. Clinch park has picnic tables, lifeguards and restrooms. Clinch park is a great beach for families and children.
3. Bryant Park Beach: Bryant park beach is the best beach for families and kids. Bryant park beach has playgrounds, lots of grills, restrooms and picnic tables shaded by tall pines. Bryant beach offers relief from the afternoon sun and a fine swimming beach.
4. East Bay Park Beach - Traverse city state park:
Traverse city state park is one of the best beaches to visit. This park offers 700 feet of splendid sandy beach near the mouth of mitchell creek. The park offers extensive picnic areas, restrooms, a nice play area, a lifeguard station and a shallow sloping beach. But the best advantage is that there isn’t very much automobile traffic nearby, and the water is extremely shallow for quite a long way. The park has 343 sites and short drive to many attractions including sleeping bear dunes, casinos and outstanding golf courses.
5. Sunset Park Beach: Sunset park beach is a best beach for picnics. It is a great park for relaxing, reading or taking a walk out on the pier. It boasts a deep lush grassy area from the road, picnic bables, lots of grills and swing set.
- Best Water Parks in Minnesota
- Best Water Parks in Boston
Here are some of the best water parks in Boston including coco key water resort, canobie lake park, six flags new england, hurricane harbor, water country and water wizz water park. Coco key water resort 1....
- Things to do in Zion National Park
Zion national park is a 229 square mile national park that is located in the southwest region of the state of Utah. Zion is Utah's oldest national park and a popular tourist destination. The park offers...
- Best Beaches in Georgia
- Best Beaches in Virginia
- Best Beaches in North Carolina
- Top things to do in Chicago
- Things to do in Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Activities to do in Frankenmuth, Michigan