Top Ten Places to Visit in Texas
The Great State of Texas
Texas is one of the best states in the United States of America. It is filled with fun and enjoyment the whole family will love. If you are planning to come to Texas, here are 10 locations that I consider must visits.
10. The Big Texan in Amarillo, Texas - The Big Texan is a very large restaurant located in Amarillo, Texas. It has wonderful food, but the one thing that draws many visitors is the free 72 oz. steak. In the restaurant's eating area, there is a raised platform with one single table and four chairs. If one dares to try, the cooks grill you a 72 ounce steak. If you try to eat all of the steak, potato, roll, and salad, you would have just eaten a FREE MEAL; however, if you can't finish the 72 ounce steak, you must pay the fee, which is around 72.00! Good luck!
9. Blue Bell Creamery - Many people have heard of the great ice-cream chain Bluebell. In Brenham, Texas, Bluebell opened the doors in 1907. Bluebell is sold in many states and has around 50 different flavors to choose from! Visit the creamery and you just may get free ice cream.
8. Six Flags in Arlington, Texas - Six Flags is a fun attractive theme park located right in the heart of beautiful, wondrous Arlington, Texas. It's home to many large roller coasters, one being the massive Titan, which can be seen from miles away!
7. Highland Park, Texas - Highland Park is located in north Dallas. The city of Highland Park has a rich history in the Dallas. It is easily one of the most beautiful cities in all of the Lone Star State. Many of the homes in Highland Park are very fancy and exquisite, just adding the more fun of seeing all the luxurious houses.
6. Reunion Tower in Dallas, Texas - Reunion Tower in Dallas, Texas is one of the most unique restaurants in Texas besides the Big Texan. It is located around 550 ft. in the air in, simply put, a 'big ball'. Up at the top of the ball, as I said, there is a restaurant. Directly under the restaurant is an observation deck notable for great pictures. One interesting feature is that the big ball spins 360 degrees in one hour while you enjoy your meal!
5. The Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas - Running through the city is a long river. It has earned the names riverwalk because there are sidewalks along the river which you can walk along the river. You can also ride visitor boats down the river, which is very fun. Along the river is lined with trees, stores, and even a mall! When in San Antonio, this is a definite must see.
4. Austin, Texas - Austin the located in south Texas. It is also the capitol of Texas. In the city is many different attractions, one including the University of Texas. Another attraction many people enjoy is the Capitol Building. If you want a great history lesson, go to the capitol, it is very enjoying!
3 The Alamo - Another great attraction in San Antonion is The Alamo. The Alamo is the ruins of the Battle of the Alamo, the most famous battle of the Texas Revolution. It is now a museum with lined with beautiful landscape. You can walk through and look at all the wonderful artifacts and things people have discovered from the ruins.
2. The new Dallas Cowboys stadium - Originally located in Irving, Texas just north of Dallas is the Dallas Cowboy stadium. Recently, we approved the stadium to be built now in Arlington, Texas right next door to the Ballpark at Arlington, where the Texas Rangers play. It will be the biggest football stadium in the country. It is now under construction and will be completed soon and the hope to start the season in the new stadium at the start of the season of 2009.
1. Port Aransas - Located along the Gulf of Mexico in south Texas along the Aransas Pass is Port Aransas. Port Aransas, located on Mustang Island, is home to many condos which lead right to the beach. I will admit, the water is not as clear as Destin, Florida or anywhere is Florida. The best things about the beaches here are the waves! Some waves get to over 6 feet! Does Destin have that? No! If you are down there, this is a MUST GO! Bring your swim trucks, boogie boards, and be prepared to have to most fun you have ever had in your life!
Hopefully this hub will convince you how enjoyable and exciting the great state of Texas is! Have a great time in Texas!!