Travel, Free park and Rest areas Perth,WA to Bendigo,Victoria
This is a free list of all the places to camp or stop overnight in a caravan or tent, while traveling across the Nullabor from Perth, Western Australia - to Bendigo.
The East to West column is for travelers coming from Bendigo to Perth.
Normal Truck bay parks or roadside parking are not included in this.
Due to missing mileage pegs, it could be about half a kilometre out on some of these.
I did this because there is nothing worse than looking for somewhere to park, and before you realise it you are too late. It is not easy to stop when towing a caravan. Several of these are unmarked areas.
Whale Watching at Head of The Bite
Members save money by joining park clubs
To save money think about joining different park memberships. It costs approximately $25 to join and usuallly lasts 2 years. When you book into the particular park, you receive a discount on the overnight stays.
First Aid Kits
A word of Caution
Be prepared for emergencies when traveling long distances - In case of breakdowns- especially when crossing the nullabor
- Please always take extra water in the car with you.
- Have a blanket in case - as some places get very cold at night even in the middle of summer
- Pack a little extra food. Just in case of emergencies
- Always carry a first aid kit in your glovebox
- Be wary of wild life on roads - like kangaroos, cattle, wombats
- Carry extra fan belts and radiator hoses especially in summer it's a long long way to the next garage for mechanical repairs
Prepare Carefully for this Trip
Always prepare well before taking this journey as there are only roadhouses on this road. So make sure that you take or have all of the following checked.
Things to do need before starting this journey:
- Have your vehicle serviced and brakes checked, take spare radiator hoses
- Take Plenty of Fresh Water (roadhouses do not supply any)
- Check what you can take through the Agricultural check points
- Take a first aid kit, sunburn cream, and mosquito protection.
- Take blankets as even on very hot days the nights become very cold.
- Take enough food as can be expensive on highway.
- Check your fuel mileage, so you do not run out.