- Travel and Places»
- Visiting Asia»
- Southeastern Asia
Travel to The Belitung Island, The Hidden Paradise of Indonesia
Belitung Island, or in local language called Belitong, is one from many paradises that hidden in the Indonesian archipelago. Belitung that also called Billiton, is an island has ever known as one of the largest tin producer in Indonesia. However, for anyone who loves caught in the silence of nature, the island of Belitung is most recommended place to visit.
Within the island that only 4.595 square kilometers, not only containing the cultural diversity of Malays civilization that so amazing, but also hides the beauty of natural landscape.
The beaches is the soul of the Belitung Islands. The carpet of white sand between the hundreds of giant granite boulder is the beauty that always succeded to force anyone to set foot and track it down. Not just that, exploring the 189 small islands around the island of Belitung become another attraction that also an interesting journey for anyone. The island of Belitung is a place that offer unique beauty and a never ending experience, because in all places have their own beauty.
Travel Map of Belitung Island
Exploring The Beautiful Beach on Belitung Island
- Tanjung Tinggi Beach. The gradation of dark blue to greenish-blue sea dominates the Gulf Coast that often called the Bilik beach. Cluster of granite rocks with various size scattered in the beach, making the sea water in the bay is very calm and hardly surging.
- Tanjung Pendam Beach. Gaspar Strait being turned away, but seemed calm along the horizon and leaving a vast expanse of white sand that stretch about 250 meters. The silence has been drugged anyone to set foot on land sloping and soft that mixed with silt. Meanwhile, a row of fishing boats that scattered within the beach makes a quiet and peaceful scenery.
- Tanjung Kelayang Beach. It called after the local name of bird species that live on the beach, the bird of Kelayang. It has a long coastline and separated into two parts by a peninsula that contain a lot of granite stone clusters. The uniqueness of the peninsula is the shape of the granite stone on the end point that seems like a bird head.
- Bukit Berahu Beach. This beach is located on the foot of the Berahu hill. It has the same characteristics with the Tanjung Pendam beach. Until today, it has become one from many favorite places to enjoy the beauty of the sunset on the island of Belitung
Exploring the beautiful Island on Belitung Archipelago
- White Sand Island. This island is an area of about 400 m2 that only visible when the sea was receding. The “resident” of the island that we found in it are some of Sea Gulls and several red horned Starfish (Protoreaster nodosus).
- Batu Berlayar Island. The characteristic of this island is the cluster of vertical granite that so Hugh like a sailboat mast. Visiting this island that only inhabited by a few white seagulls, some of peaceful feeling will emerge when you sit down on the white sand carpet that protected with the shadows of the granite stone.
- Burung (Bird) Island. The characteristic of this island is the granite monument with shaped like a beak bird. These large islands have beautiful beaches on both side of the island. The softness of the sound of the sea waves, the occasional sound of birds on several large trees that grow wild and feel the chill of the soft sand of beach are several pleasures that will obtain when visiting the Burung Island.
- Lengkuas Island. The most northern island and only inhabited island. Basically, the island which contain with 18 floors tall lighthouse that built in 1882, has a similar characteristic with the other islands on the Belitung Archipelago. White sand beaches, mansions of granite, and the beauty of biota beneat the seawater is also found on this island. However, feeling sit down at an altitude of more than 50 meters with amazing views, such as the horizon of the Strait of Karimata, Strait of Natuna and the Belitung Archipelago, became the lure of beauty that will obtain by anyone after climbed the stairs. Just like reading a romance novel with a happy ending.
The Malays Coffe Culture
Drinking coffee has become a tradition for the people of the Malays. Coffee shops for Malays, especially at the Belitung Island, not just a place to enjoy coffee, but it became a place to talk, discuss, and even share their experiences. Uniquely, this socialization occurs not only among the people who already know one another, but also occur with unknown visitors from outside the island who also come into the coffee shop. No wonder if there are very easy to find coffee shop on the Belitung Island. Even in some places such as in the city of Manggar, there are many of coffee shops that are open for 24 hours.
Where to stay and how much?
- Tanjung Kelayang Cottage at Tanjung Kelayang Beach. The room cost begin from Rp.350.000/night, similar with $35/night
- Hotel dan Restaurant Bukit Berahu at Berahu Hill Beach. The room cost begin from Rp.250.000/night, similar with $25/night
- Grand Hotel Pondok Impian at Tanjung Pendam Beach. The room cost begin from Rp.300.000/night, similar with $30/night
- Hotel Pondok Impian 1 and Hotel Pondok Impian 2. The room cost begin from Rp.150.000/night, similar with $15/night
- Lor-in Hotel and
Resort at Tanjung Tinggi Beach.The room cost begin from Rp.450.000/night, similar with $45/night
Transportation cost at the Island
- To go to the Belitung Island, there are two airline company that depart from Soekarno Hatta Airport, Jakarta, which are Sriwijaya Air and Batavia Air. The Cost to go to the Belitung Island with airline is about Rp 450.000, similar with $45 for one trip.
- In the Belitung Island, there are several transportation modes that could use, such as:
- The cost to rent a car that also include the driver is about Rp.400.000/day, similar with $40/day. (It is exlude the extra gasoline)
- The cost to rent a boat to visit the archipelago is about Rp.400.000/day, similar with $40/day.