Travel to Parksville & Qualicum Beach, BC
Parksville is a city on Vancouver Island, BC. This Community is on Highway 19a, Also known as Island Highway. It's located, 37 kilometers, North West of Nanaimo. 48 Kilometers, East of Port Alberni. It has a population of 11,977 as of 2011. With breathtaking views and lots to do and see. Be sure and come on down to the beach, in the summer time. It's an active, ocean side community of retirees and families. People come here for the quality of life, and it's natural surroundings.
Qualicum Beach is town along the Georgia Strait on Vancouver, Island, BC. It has a population of 8,687 as of the 2011 census. Only minutes drive from Parksville. Along the same highway. It lays at the foot of Mount Arrowsmith. This beautiful place has views of both the mountains and the ocean. It's a relaxing, yet energizing place to be. You have to go here. Both of these locations are mentioned in my article because lots of times they are advertised together. They have a lot in common, and they're both beautiful places to see. You really can't see one without seeing the other.
Pack Your Bags
Here is a list of everything you need for your island getaway:
- Bring light clothing, but ones you can layer.
- A light coat or wind breaker.
- Runners or boots for walking at night and along the pathways.
- Swimsuit and surfing gear, if you have it.
- A hat and sandals for at the beach.
- A book to read on the ferry or plane.
- If, you love to document your travels bring your journal.
- A dressier outfit to go out for dinner. Or bring casual wear, depending on where you choose to go to eat.
- Most of all don't forget your sunscreen.
Parksville & Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
One of my all time favourite places to be. Love it on the Ialand.
Have you been Here?
Have you visited Parksville, Vancouver Island?
No need to worry about where to stay. This beautiful part of the island has camping areas, cabins and an excellent choice of hotels. You can be ocean side or just across the highway. The view is truly breathtaking, no matter where on the island you are.
Here are just a few places, you might want to consider:
- Qualicum Falls has camping, parks, and hiking. More than just an accommodation.
- Horne Lake Caves, camping, caving and the outdoor activities galore.
- Ocean Sands Resort
- Beach Club Resort
- Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort
Restaurants & Cafe's
Great food and fresh seafood. Get your hunger on; you have to eat here!
- Saigon Gardens, for Asian food lovers
- Arts Cafe, down home family dining
- Z'Samosa, for a 5 star rated Indian food
- For the pizza lover, there's Panago and Dominos pizza
- Pacific Brimm, a healthy Canadian choice
- For the coffee lover, check out Serious Coffee or Cha Cha Java
Sites to See in Parkville & Qualicum Beach
Lots to see and do on the island. Here are just a few.
- Check out the Milner Gardens & Woodlands. It's 10 acres of lush gardens and forest.
- Or see the tree's, only five mins from Qualicum Beach is the Heritage Forest. It's 50 acres of old growth forest.
- Come and explore the museums, their world-class fossil collection and heritage buildings of Qualicum Beach.
- Downtown is full of character and charm. Coffee shops and gift shops galore, are sure to steal your heart.
- Qualicum Falls and Horne Caves, It's a great way to spend an active day.
- In the summer time from July 14 Th to August 20 Th, Celebrate the beach festival. You can check out the sand castle competition and exhibit. The sand competition was one of my favorite things to see here. They are artists, creating a masterpiece. Not just building sand castles.
- For the sports enthusiast, there is always baseball. You just might want to stop at the Parksville ball diamonds and watch the kids play ball. Parksville loves their baseball.
- If you have an active family, then you will want to go sea kayaking or skim boarding. There is also stand up paddle boarding.
Let your hair down and be free
The island is calling me
Let island life inside thee
The ocean breeze can chill
But the beach never will
The island is calling me
Let's go now and be free
Feel the sand between your toes
And fresh air in your nose
The island life is calling me
We all need to be free— Terrie Neudorf
Ahh, Island Holiday
The island life is the best holiday there is. You must go here and I must get back here.
There is always things going on. Family fun and entertainment, great food and drinks. Places to stay whether you love camping or prefer a hotel. Parksville and Qualicum have it all. Including warm. Sandy beaches and the ocean nearby. The Sunshine and fresh air are plenty. Make Parksville and Qualicum Beach, your place to be 2017, you'll be glad you did. Come to Beautiful Vancouver Island, BC. You must go here.
Summer Time Fun, Parksville
The sand craving competition and exhibit. This event is just part of the fun going on during the beach festival. It was my favorite activity of the summer. If you are here between July 14 and August 20, you must check it out. Not only is it an interesting way to spend the day. But you get to vote if you're there at the beginning of the event. These artists are amazing. There is a ballot box beside each carving; you get to fill it out and drop it in the box. The chain around each exhibit is, so no one touches them. You wouldn't want to damage them before the judges finish with their vote. Yes, you must go here. Remember Parksville Beach, 2017. The photo with all the names is the display of all the company's that sponsor the event. The beach is the main feature of my travel article because it's what I enjoyed the most. The trip was even better because my sister and her husband took me there. The shopping in Qualicum Beach was fabulous too.
Relax, Recover and Re-Energize
Life on the island is relaxed and laid back. Take a breath and take in the fresh air. Read a book or explore. Take a walk on the beach or go shopping. Lots of family fun or a romantic getaway, the choice is yours. Have a picnic or check out the fine dining. This adventure to the island will have to jot down everything you do, and everywhere you go. You must go here. Remember 2017 it's a year you won't soon forget.
© 2017 Terrie Lynn