- Travel and Places
Travelling Australia: How to Earn and Fund your Travels in Oz
Why Travel to Australia?
Australia is the sixth largest country by total area size and is located in the Southern hemisphere, which comprises of mainland Australia, the Tasmanian island and various small islands in the Indian and Pacific ocean. With a history of being inhabited by indigenous Australians who belonged to 250 language groups in total, it surely is an interesting destination to venture to.
Highly developed and with many beautifully fascinating sights to witness, there is no wonder that travellers from all continents visit this country continuously. Travelling to Australia is an unforgettable experience with much to offer such as culture, sights, activities and history. Whether taken as a holiday, short break or backpacking adventure, Australia can cater to any personality.
Most people who choose to visit Australia tend to take a gap year or organise a package deal to see the country in all its glory. Stretching over a staggering area of land, much time is needed in order to soak in the wide array of sites and landmarks that Australia holds.
Ways to Earn Money when you Travel Australia
Taking a gap year or even a few months to travel Australia is a wonderful decision to make. With so many opportunities at the fingertips of any traveller planning their journey here and so many new people to meet, there is nothing quite like it.
Ultimately the best way to see the most of Australia when visiting for a set amount of time is to look for some form of job when you get there.
Jobs are relatively easy to come by in Australia and most backpackers will have many different money making schemes to think about. Earning as you travel is not as difficult as it seems and it allows you to get familiar with the settings around you and make some great friends along the way.
Types of Jobs to work when Travelling in Australia
Fruit picking is becoming increasingly popular among those who experience Australia because of its appealing perks. This area of work is ideal for earning money quickly. The climate in all parts of Australia are an advantage to this job and with crops growing all year-round, there is always work to be snapped up.
There are many different fruits to pick when doing a fruit picking job, such as strawberries, bananas, grapes and many more. It is a clever idea to organise a rota to follow through the months when travelling Australia, because as you move from place to place the work follows you. Also, many tourist highlights are near harvest work farms, meaning when you finish work you can take on some white water rafting or diving in the Great Barrier Reef.
If you have what it takes to work a job in the hospitality industry, then you shouldn't be short of choice. There are many bar, cafe, hotel and restaurant jobs that are great for earning an income to fund your travels. In order to get a job in the hospitality industry in Australia, it is essential to have an impressive resume with some experience in this field.
Cattle Station Work
Fancy taking a trip to Australia and getting your pulse racing as you take on some high adrenaline job roles? If yes, then cattle station work is perfect for you! There are many roles that could be needed of you when working in this industry, such as mustering cattle on horseback to driving trucks, riding motorbikes, completing yard work and getting down and dirty in the outback. Reliable, hard working people are needed to do this job well, and you should be prepared to take on some tiring work.
With a boom in the mining industry in Australia, there are copious amounts of mining work available. Taking a search on the Internet will give you the opportunity to filter through thousands of jobs in the mining industry, so long as you have determination and skill to do the job well. This is a great way to earn impressive money and it can really help you to take advantage of travelling Australia.
Other Types of Work
If none of these jobs meet your specifications then take a look online for work in Australia and there are many options to choose from. Bear in mind, that the four listed above hold great potential for backpackers and gap year travellers.
Requirements to Working in Australia
Not just anyone can work in Australia. If you don't have an Australian working visa then you won't be eligible to work here. You can apply for a working visa here: www.visabureau.com
Packages for First Time Workers and Travellers
For those people who have not yet travelled and searched for work in a far away country before, it can be a little overwhelming. A website called www.realgap.co.uk have a wide variety of packages to suit all types of people. The choice of packages offer great excursions and help to find work and fill out tax forms etc.
Top Ten Places to Visit & Things to do in Australia
The list of things to see and do in Australia are endless, but should not be ignored! Spectacular views and heart-pumping activities provide the ultimate thrill for travellers of all ages. With too many exceptional things to see and do in Oz, the top ten should be added to your list as a must.
- Sydney Opera House - The Sydney Opera House is a multi-venue performing arts centre with numerous shows to see at all times of the year. Close to Sydney Harbour Bridge, it is in the ideal location for a spot of sightseeing after a great show.
- Royal Botanical Gardens - One of the top botanical gardens, the Royal Botanical Gardens is home to countless species of plants and beautiful flowers. Take a sightseeing walk through the gardens to really see the splendour of it.
- Australian Museum - No trip to Australia is complete without a visit to the Australian Museum. Learn about culture, history and the stories behind this culturally diverse country on a visit here.
- Diving in The Great Barrier Reef - This is something on everyone's wish list and there's no surprise why. Experience the finest diving and snorkelling on the planet when journeying to the crystal clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Prepare to be face to face with some of the most exotic species of fish and sealife you could ever imagine.
- Australian Outback road trip - Everyone enjoys a road trip once in a while, so why not plan one on your travels to Australia? The Australian Outback is one of the most fascinating areas of natural land in the world. With wildlife like kangaroos and superior scenery, you'll want to remember to take your camera.
- Gold Coast Queensland - Visit the Gold Coast for a taste of the beach life. With numerous shops, bars and restaurants around the area you can grab a bite to eat after a long day of water sports and sunbathing. When the evening draws near, why not get involved in the electric atmosphere of Queensland's nightlife?
- Multi-day hike - Multi-day hikes are an exciting experience for all and are a great way to really see the landscape of Australia. This is ideal for backpackers and many hikes are available, including hikes through various tropical rain forests.
- Visit the bright lights of Sydney & Melbourne - As beautiful as the natural scenery of Australia is, the city is just as impressive. Go shopping for the afternoon in Melbourne or go for a drink and some food in Sydney.
- Scenic Railway - Visit Barron Falls, Horseshoe Bend and Stoney Creek followed by a ride in the sky rail. Whilst in the sky rail you have panoramic views over the lush rain forest canopy and can even finish off with a helicopter ride over The Great Barrier Reef.
- Nature and Wildlife Tour - A view of the Blue Mountains can be seen on a nature and wildlife tour with unique views of the bush wildlife and rain forests. This must do venture also allows you to learn about the Aboriginal history that weaves through Australia.