Traveling to DisneyWorld? Some quick tips to make the most of the Disney magic.
So you are planning a trip to DisneyWorld...
A little bit of pixie dust couldn't hurt...
When planning a trip to DisneyWorld, whether it's your first trip or your twenty-first trip, a little bit of planning effort can go a very long way.
There are so many websites that offer information regarding DisneyWorld, but two of my absolute favorites are allears.net and mousesavers.com. Both of these sites have enough information to make planning your vacation a breeze!
Allears.net will give you an in depth view on all things Disney.
- Check crowd patterns to see WHEN you want to travel.
- Research all the different resort options to decide WHERE you want to stay.
- Look at the menus for all the on site restaurants to choose WHERE you want to eat.
- and so much more....
Mousesavers.com will give you much of the same information with the addition of virtually all discounts available to the general public for DisneyWorld.
- Vacation package discounts
- Dining discounts
- Ticket discounts
- and so many others...
When should I go...
The weather in Orlando, FL can be a deciding factor for many people when planning a trip to DisneyWorld.
If you are hoping for moderate temperatures and less of a threat of daily thundershowers, plan your trip for sometime between the very last few days of November through mid December. We have gone at this time and had temps in the 70's, low humidity and low crowd levels. There is also the added bonus of the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom.
If your ok with some larger crowds, but would still like to avoid the heat of an Orlando summer, going in the early part of May can be fun. Temps tend to be closer to the high 80's mark but the humidity hasn't become totally unbearable yet. During this time you would have the bonus of theh Star Wars weekends at the Hollywood Studios.
If possible extreme heat and humidity and lots of potential crowds don't phase you, then going in August might be for you. The weather can be tricky as there is almost always a daily thunderstorm and the humidity sends the heat index soraing over 100°F. If you have ponchos or umbrellas with you then be one of the brave ones and "just keep swimming" through the shorter ride lines.
Warm weather, fewer crowds and some daily rain can be found if you go from late September through the end of November. During this time you can also experience Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom.
Favorite time to visit DisneyWorld
When is your favorite time to visit the DisneyWorld Resort?
Where should I stay...
Choosing your resort within DisneyWorld can be tough. They all have the benefit of Disney magic, but have various differences.
- Value Resorts have the smallest rooms and the fewest "perks". All have outside entrances, one large, main pool with other smaller pools throughout the resort and a food court style dining area. Two resorts in this category have the benefit of housing "Family Suites" in addition to regular rooms. These resorts are the All Star Music and the Art of Animation. With the exception of the Family Suites, which can sleep 6, all other Value resort rooms sleep 4.
- Moderate Resorts have slightly larger rooms and some other additional benefits. They have a hot tub located at the main pool and have a table service restaurant option in addition to the food court. All rooms, with the exception of the Alligator Bayou in Port Orleans Riverside with can sleep 5 with a trundle bed, sleep 4.
- Deluxe resorts have even larger rooms and many other perks. These resorts have interior entrances, more dining options, enhanced pool areas, and more. You can book a room with a patio, balcony or specific view. Rooms can sleep 4-6 guests depending on room booked.
- Vacation Club resorts have all the benefits of the Deluxe resorts with the addition of small kitchenettes. These rooms vary widely on how many they sleep, so be sure to do your research.The availability of these rooms is completely dependent on how many Disney Vacation Club members are staying at the time of your reservation.
- Disney also has the Swan and Dolphin resorts on property. These resorts are actually owned and operated by Westin. You will enjoy many of the same perks found in the Deluxe resort category, with the exception of Disney themeing in the resort. These rooms are variable of how many guest they sleep.
Which DisneyWorld resort is your favorite?
Where and which??? Dining and ticket options...
Dining opportunities are virtually endless at DisneyWorld.
- Quick service restaurants are food court style options that are found in numerous locations. These will be the least expensive dining options available.
- Table service restaurants are your average dining options and are also found in numerous locations. These will have a large price range depending on location and food type.
- Signature Dining Experiences are the top level of dining opportunities at DisneyWorld. These restaurants create the experience of a 5 star restaurant.
- Character Dining is fun for all age groups. You can find a Character meal opportunity at all 4 parks. These restaurants are usually at the higher end of the price scale, but the character interaction is well worth it.
With the Magic Your Way program tickets at DisneyWorld are easy to customize.
- The Basic Magic Your Way ticket is a one park per day ticket.
- You can add the Park Hopping option to your Basic ticket and have the flexibility of visting multiple parks on the same day.
- You can also add the Water Parks and More option to your ticket and have a flexible amount of visits to both water parks, DisneyQuest, and more. The amount of extra visits is dependent on how many days your basic ticket is for.
- There is also a No Expiration option that allows you to keep any unused time from your tickets. Generally, tickets expire 14 days after the first use.
- You have the ability to add 1, 2 or all 3 of these options to your base ticket. These can also be added after you have started using your tickets.
The Value of a Disney Vacation Package
You can often save quite a bit of money by combining your resort reservation and Magic Your Way tickets. DisneyWorld has several different variations on these packages, some including dining.
- Magic Your Way Package - includes your Disney resort stay and base magic Your Way tickets for everyone in your group. This is the basis of every package offered for DisneyWorld.
- Magic Your Way Package Plus Quick Service Dining Plan - includes Magic Your Way package with the addition of the quick service dining plan. The dining plan covers 2 quick service meals and one snack per person, per package night. Each guest is also eligible for one refillable resort mug.
- Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining Plan - includes Magic Your Way package with the addition of the basic dining plan. This dining plan covers 1 table service, 1 quick service and 1 snack per person, per package night. Each guest is also eligible for one refillable resort mug.
- Magic Your Way Package Plus Deluxe Dining Plan - includes Magic Your Way package with the addition of the deluxe dining plan. This dining plan covers 3 meals and 2 snacks per person, per package night. Lunch and dinner on this plan include an appetizer, which is not the case for the previous plans. Each guest is also eligible for one refillable resort mug.
- Magic Your Way Premium Package - includes Magic Your Way package with the addition of breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks per person, per package night. Also included are options such as recreation, theme park tours, tickets to La Nouba, etc.
- Magic Your Way Platinum Package - includes everything contained in the Premium Package with the following changes: unlimited recreation, unlimited specific tours, one selected spa treatment, admission to La Nouba, unlimited child care within the resort Child Activity Center, in room childcare, Fireworks Cruise, daily planning, etc.
A few last sprinkles of pixie dust...
The main thing to always remember is that DisneyWorld can definitely be "The Happiest Place on Earth". Take your time with planning and you will reap HUGE rewards while on vacation. Here's hoping you have a magical time whenever you go to visit Mickey and all his friends.
- MouseSavers.com - Your source for Disney discounts, codes & deals!
MouseSavers.com - Disney discounts. Disney World discounts. Disneyland discounts. Disney discount source. Promo codes for Disney World hotels and vacations.
- AllEars.Net - The Unofficial Disney Vacation Planning Guide - Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Disn
AllEars.Net is a complete Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, vacation planning guide with in-depth Walt Disney World FAQs, Disney Attraction Photos, Disney Menus, Planning Tips, News and Information. It also has special sections for v